These forums are archived!
Please create a new account at our new forums here: http://forum.modifiedpowerwheels.com
ModifiedPowerWheels.com powerwheels upgrades, peg-perego and others very welcome

Specializing in Peg Perego and Power Wheels Parts and Machines
Udemy Course
Home | My Files | Profile | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | RSS allows you to view new posts anywhere!!
 All Forums
 Personal Stuff - Introductions, forsale, reviews!
 Projects Pages! (blogs?)
 Super Power Apache! (Police Jeep) - Video Added
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

colinandmylesmom
Senior Modder

USA

2351 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2010 :  18:22:30  Show Profile
Just checking out this thread again, cuz if our stupid RZR doesn't respond well soon, it's going back to Toys R Us, and I'm going to suggest we make a 24V or 36V GAucho, but it's probably too much work for my husband to consider doing :(

How much $$ do you think you invested into this ? I already have the 24V SP Gaucho gears/motors, but I'd want to buy the wheels, I'm just looking for it to handle nicely, not adding lights, etc to the vehicle, just the basics to have it run nice and smooth.

Go to Top of Page

lip

14 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2010 :  19:32:34  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by gseric69

It's finally time to start working on this bad boy. I think I have just about everything I need now, they only thing left I'm trying to decide on is the wheels. I like the look of the Apache Wheels, but they are small, relatively speaking, since they are 14", compared to the larger Grande and Super Power Wheels. I really like the look of the Grande Wheels, and was thinking of getting them with Chrome Hub Caps, since this one will have a lot of chrome on it when it's done, but it would take some fabricating to get them attached to the Super Power Wheel drivers. The other option is to get a set of Super power wheels. I don't really like the look of them as much, but the foam tread they have appeals to me, and I could always paint the hub caps with Chrome paint.
So, what are some thoughts from the rest of you on this?

On a side note, got the disc brake set up ready to bolt on now. Here's a couple shots of it.

Can I ask where did you get this complete assembly? I'm assuming you bought the "pan" for a superpower unit and the gearmotors...I can't find the whole assembly with the brakes anywhere.
Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

gseric69

Red Lion
PA
USA

6315 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2010 :  20:06:20  Show Profile  Visit gseric69's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by lip

Can I ask where did you get this complete assembly? I'm assuming you bought the "pan" for a superpower unit and the gearmotors...I can't find the whole assembly with the brakes anywhere.
Thanks.

I special ordered it. They used to be sold by some of the dealers, but I think Peg Perego stopped allowing the pan assemblies to be sold, and started only allowing each dealer to order a couple before they were cut off. You'd need to contact an authorized Peg Dealer to see if they can get one special ordered for you. You could try Kids Wheels, Tiger Imports(Peg-peregoparts.com), or NSAEllis here on the forum.

36V Peg Perego Apache - Project: Super Power Police Jeep, 18V Metal Frame Jeep - Project: Sarge
Dragon/Craftsman Pickup Hybrid (WIP), 18V John Deere Off Road 4x4 (Gaucho, SOLD!)
12V Lil Jeep, 18V Turbo Sun Jammer Jeep, 12V Super 6 F150 Blue Thunder,
18V Lightning McQueen & 12V Lightning McQueen w/Duratrax Motors (Sold)
18V Green & Blue Ninja Quads w/19T's, 18V Dora Quad with 21T's
12V Harley Bat Bike w/Duratrax Motors, 12V Pink Harley (Future Trike)
Future Builds: 12V Xtreme Machine, 12V PW Fire Truck, 6V Wild Thing Super 6 & Mach 5
RIP: 12V Super 6 Suzuki Quad w/Seperate Brake pedal (Decommissioned/Parted)
Go to Top of Page

lip

14 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2010 :  20:26:04  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by gseric69

quote:
Originally posted by lip

Thanks.

I special ordered it. They used to be sold by some of the dealers, but I think Peg Perego stopped allowing the pan assemblies to be sold, and started only allowing each dealer to order a couple before they were cut off. You'd need to contact an authorized Peg Dealer to see if they can get one special ordered for you. You could try Kids Wheels, Tiger Imports(Peg-peregoparts.com), or NSAEllis here on the forum.

Thanks. That's the info I needed.
Do you remember what you paid for the assembly? Did you order it complete with the gears/motors/brake assembly and hub,etc...?

Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

lpe350
Apprentice Modder

Mount Sinai
New York
USA

99 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2010 :  19:04:05  Show Profile
Gseric69, I just want to say that this is my most favorite build ever! I think Peg should take notes from you for the next Superpower Gaucho.

http://www.modifiedpowerwheels.com/forum/userstuff/lpe350/20101120145240_Gauchortnightgood.jpg
Go to Top of Page

marrzie1

Lidköping

Sweden

38 Posts

Posted - 11/28/2010 :  09:18:03  Show Profile
Whats the runtime with this battery setup?
Go to Top of Page

gseric69

Red Lion
PA
USA

6315 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2010 :  18:32:03  Show Profile  Visit gseric69's Homepage
Thanks LPE350!

quote:
Originally posted by marrzie1

Whats the runtime with this battery setup?

It's still getting about an hour of runtime, sometimes longer. One thing I like is that since it has the variable speed throttle, it doesn't pull all the juice all the time. My daughter has pretty good control with the throttle now, and only floors it when she's on the straight flat parts of the yard.

36V Peg Perego Apache - Project: Super Power Police Jeep, 18V Metal Frame Jeep - Project: Sarge
Dragon/Craftsman Pickup Hybrid (WIP), 18V John Deere Off Road 4x4 (Gaucho, SOLD!)
12V Lil Jeep, 18V Turbo Sun Jammer Jeep, 12V Super 6 F150 Blue Thunder,
18V Lightning McQueen & 12V Lightning McQueen w/Duratrax Motors (Sold)
18V Green & Blue Ninja Quads w/19T's, 18V Dora Quad with 21T's
12V Harley Bat Bike w/Duratrax Motors, 12V Pink Harley (Future Trike)
Future Builds: 12V Xtreme Machine, 12V PW Fire Truck, 6V Wild Thing Super 6 & Mach 5
RIP: 12V Super 6 Suzuki Quad w/Seperate Brake pedal (Decommissioned/Parted)

Edited by - gseric69 on 12/30/2010 12:20:47
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: