These forums are archived!
Please create a new account at our new forums here: http://forum.modifiedpowerwheels.com
ModifiedPowerWheels.com powerwheels upgrades, peg-perego and others very welcome

Specializing in Peg Perego and Power Wheels Parts and Machines
Home | My Files | Profile | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | RSS allows you to view new posts anywhere!!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Modifications by Category
 Batteries and Wiring
 How long do batteries last?
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mcgiver
Expert Modder

California

672 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2009 :  18:34:36  Show Profile
Just curious if anyone has any info on batteires and their shelf life.

If you buy one of those batteries on line how long will they generally last.

Does it make a difference if they have been sitting on a shelf for over a year?

Any info would help...

Thanks

Peg-it
Journeyman Modder

461 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2009 :  21:05:59  Show Profile
the stock batteries will last several years if you keep them charged, I have had batteries last over 5 years, but i charge them once every two months if I use them or not. A battery that sets around low on charge will not last long. These SLA batteries do not have a memory so charge them often. If you charge a battery it really should be ok to set around for 12 months but if you really want them to last always keep them charged. A charged battery will not freze. One way to look at it is - A dead battery is full of water a charged battery is full of acid. Also the newer charger from the main two will not over charge, I even use a Peg Perego charger on my harley most of the winter...I plug it in for several weeks at a time. Same with my snowmobile over the summer.... On charge most of the time with a Peg perego charger.
Go to Top of Page

mcgiver
Expert Modder

California

672 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2009 :  21:47:18  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Peg-it

the stock batteries will last several years if you keep them charged, I have had batteries last over 5 years, but i charge them once every two months if I use them or not. A battery that sets around low on charge will not last long. These SLA batteries do not have a memory so charge them often. If you charge a battery it really should be ok to set around for 12 months but if you really want them to last always keep them charged. A charged battery will not freze. One way to look at it is - A dead battery is full of water a charged battery is full of acid. Also the newer charger from the main two will not over charge, I even use a Peg Perego charger on my harley most of the winter...I plug it in for several weeks at a time. Same with my snowmobile over the summer.... On charge most of the time with a Peg perego charger.

Thanks!!

Does this apply to any type of batteries?
Go to Top of Page

Peg-it
Journeyman Modder

461 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2009 :  08:51:24  Show Profile
I am talking SLA batteries.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: