These forums are archived!
Please create a new account at our new forums here: http://forum.modifiedpowerwheels.com
ModifiedPowerWheels.com powerwheels upgrades, peg-perego and others very welcome

Specializing in Peg Perego and Power Wheels Parts and Machines
Udemy Course
Home | My Files | Profile | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | RSS allows you to view new posts anywhere!!
 All Forums
 General Discussion
 Read This First (FAQ's)
 Modifications by vehicle
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Mama
Senior Modder

Kansas City
Missouri
USA

2380 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2009 :  10:39:29  Show Profile
I see a lot of new members pushing the limits of their Power Wheels and that's what we are all about but I thought it might be time for a thread concerning what to do and what not to do, to certain vehicles. We all want our kids to have fun but we need to make sure our mods are safe.

Let's start with the "pre-school series", this includes any Power Wheels brand vehicle using the BLUE 6 volt battery.

DO's -- Keychain Remote Kill Switch- This is an excellent mod for beginners learning to drive. Kids are mischievious and seem to get a kick out of watching parents chase after them.

12 volt conversion- these lil vehicles can take a bit more power but don't go over 12 volts. The little motors can't take it and you don't want to risk injury to your child.

DON'T -- Just use any old battery, use only SLA (sealed lead acid) rechargeable batteries. We all like to save money but don't do it at the expense of putting your child at risk. Always remember you will need an inline fuse for most aftermarket SLA batteries.

That is all I will add for now. Toddlers learning to drive don't need any distractions like LEDs and too many buttons.

Now onto the Toddler series" of vehicles. These are vehicles using a single red 6 volt battery like single seat Jeeps and VW beetles.

Of course the afore mentioned remote keychain kill mod is desirable for most vehicles but when your child moves onto a Lil Jeep, you might be ready for......

The head and tail light mod. There is already a thread dedicated to LEDs click here to read more..

Edited by - Mama on 04/14/2009 07:37:31
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: