These forums are archived!
Please create a new account at our new forums here: http://forum.modifiedpowerwheels.com
ModifiedPowerWheels.com powerwheels upgrades, peg-perego and others very welcome

Specializing in Peg Perego and Power Wheels Parts and Machines
Udemy Course
Home | My Files | Profile | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | RSS allows you to view new posts anywhere!!
 All Forums
 Personal Stuff - Introductions, forsale, reviews!
 Projects Pages! (blogs?)
 Extreme Machine rebuild
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

drewbie00

Rochester
MN
USA

29 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2009 :  20:17:27  Show Profile
Here is the start of my first power wheels that I got from my brother. I think its been outside most of its life. I redid the switches using the bic pen and that worked great. I ohmed them out and they are working great. Here are some pictures of what I got.

With this I have a question on what is that rusted out piece? Is that like a fuse or something?

27.06 KB

Another question I have is that it looks like one of the gears was swapped out, but they look to be different. I think I remember my brother saying he did something with it.

31.08 KB

And here is the rest of it tore apart...

28.3 KB

31.75 KB

18v Extreme Machine

CJB
Senior Modder

Lino Lakes
MN
USA

1589 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2009 :  20:19:01  Show Profile  Visit CJB's Homepage
It's a breaker.

Is the GB with the different gear the one that wasn't working?

12V Lil Jeep; 24v Race Car Project (abandoned); Red Wrangler (WIP);18v Police Silverado
Polaris 2X ; Polaris 700; Xtreme Machine ; 12v Super 6 Firerock
Gaucho Grande; Tinkerbell Ninja; 12v S6 Trail Rider; Brute Force 24v

Edited by - CJB on 04/09/2009 20:21:38
Go to Top of Page

drewbie00

Rochester
MN
USA

29 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2009 :  20:20:51  Show Profile
Wow those pictures are a bit blurry... I think I might have reduced the size a bit much, but I think they will work for now.

18v Extreme Machine
Go to Top of Page

drewbie00

Rochester
MN
USA

29 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2009 :  08:10:38  Show Profile
When it was running, before it stopped, I check and I must have just been seeing something as both tires were running. I did the hold one tire and the other sped up and vice versus. So that is good.

I'm guessing that breaker is the cause of the machine being dead. Will pull it out and replace it with a 30 amp fuse near the battery.

Also I was wondering how did you aquire those 19T gear boxes? I still need to do more reading, can never do enough it seems.

Will the stock motors handle the 18 volts without problems or is it suggested to add cooling fans when going to 18? Also at what point is it suggested to upgrade from the stock wiring 18 or 24?

18v Extreme Machine
Go to Top of Page

CJB
Senior Modder

Lino Lakes
MN
USA

1589 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2009 :  13:33:51  Show Profile  Visit CJB's Homepage
How's this comming along, drewbie? I must have missed this last post.

You can score 19T's from most jeeps. If running 18v, I'd be going with 10-12awg wire, but then again I always play on the side of caution. You could probablly get by with 14.

I'm running my Silverado on 18 with stock motors and they seem to hold up fine on flat hard surfaces. She doesn't drive much in the grass. Just check them every once in a while. If they start getting hot, you may want to consider some heat sinks and/or fans. gseric has a great example of sinks with fans on his sun jammer.

Post some pics soon and let us know how it's going!

12V Lil Jeep; 24v Race Car Project (abandoned); Red Wrangler (WIP);18v Police Silverado
Polaris 2X ; Polaris 700; Xtreme Machine ; 12v Super 6 Firerock
Gaucho Grande; Tinkerbell Ninja; 12v S6 Trail Rider; Brute Force 24v
Go to Top of Page

drewbie00

Rochester
MN
USA

29 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2010 :  09:01:38  Show Profile
Wow, its been almost a year since I was last out here. Must have been summer full of camping and having another child. :) Here are some pics after I finally got it all painted. I know I stole the paint scheme from another person, but I really liked it. The only problem we have with the paint is that it scratches pretty easily, but its better then what it once was.

91.82 KB

I have a 6 volt battery coming today so Joe gets to try it out at 18v. I had ordered some 9 led flash lights to have 2 as bumper lights and 2 as roll bar lights, but haven't gotten around to installing them due to life interrupting. :)

18v Extreme Machine
Go to Top of Page

hotrodtodd
Expert Modder

Delhi
OH
USA

985 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2010 :  10:07:42  Show Profile  Visit hotrodtodd's Homepage
That looks good! Ive been racking my brain trying to come up with a different paint scheme for ours without copying someone else ,its hard not to.
And these things are great on 18v,the boy loves powerslides with his.

Lifted Metal Frame JeepPower Drivers Trike
Bigfoot
Worksite Gator
Driveway Racer
Handy Manny 6v quad
Go to Top of Page

drewbie00

Rochester
MN
USA

29 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2010 :  10:16:02  Show Profile
Copying is just saying you did a great job, right? :) Here is the car I copied and kudos to them for the great color scheme.

http://www.modifiedpowerwheels.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2691

18v Extreme Machine
Go to Top of Page

hotrodtodd
Expert Modder

Delhi
OH
USA

985 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2010 :  10:55:26  Show Profile  Visit hotrodtodd's Homepage
Yup imitation is a form of flattery

Lifted Metal Frame JeepPower Drivers Trike