These forums are archived!
Please create a new account at our new forums here: http://forum.modifiedpowerwheels.com
ModifiedPowerWheels.com powerwheels upgrades, peg-perego and others very welcome

Specializing in Peg Perego and Power Wheels Parts and Machines
Home | My Files | Profile | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | RSS allows you to view new posts anywhere!!
 All Forums
 Personal Stuff - Introductions, forsale, reviews!
 Projects Pages! (blogs?)
 Project Sarge: Metal Frame Jeep (Finished!)
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

gseric69

Red Lion
PA
USA

6315 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2008 :  21:14:34  Show Profile  Visit gseric69's Homepage
Well, I saw this one on Craigslist and couldn't pass it up. I always wanted a metal frame Jeep, I just had to drive an hour to get it. No batteries or charger, but the wiring harness had the recall work done on it.
I already found a red grille complete with false headlights on EBAY for $12 shipped to replace the custom job it came with. Not too shabby so far.
I'm looking forward to working on this one, but I have a feeling I won't get started on this one until next spring. That way I can plan it out and start getting parts for it. I'm thinking of lifting it and putting some 14" wheels on it.

34.2 KB

55.59 KB

48.72 KB

47.09 KB

36V Peg Perego Apache - Project: Super Power Police Jeep, 18V Metal Frame Jeep - Project: Sarge
Dragon/Craftsman Pickup Hybrid (WIP), 18V John Deere Off Road 4x4 (Gaucho, SOLD!)
12V Lil Jeep, 18V Turbo Sun Jammer Jeep, 12V Super 6 F150 Blue Thunder,
18V Lightning McQueen & 12V Lightning McQueen w/Duratrax Motors (Sold)
18V Green & Blue Ninja Quads w/19T's, 18V Dora Quad with 21T's
12V Harley Bat Bike w/Duratrax Motors, 12V Pink Harley (Future Trike)
Future Builds: 12V Xtreme Machine, 12V PW Fire Truck, 6V Wild Thing Super 6 & Mach 5
RIP: 12V Super 6 Suzuki Quad w/Seperate Brake pedal (Decommissioned/Parted)

Edited by - gseric69 on 12/22/2009 20:25:09

colinandmylesmom
Senior Modder

USA

2351 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2008 :  21:20:55  Show Profile
Sweet ride, we had that same exact one, but sold it as it didn't steer worth crap. Of course, we didn't want to bother modding it or fixing the steering.

Some people love the older vehicles and say the gears, etc were better made, but personally every older vehicle we've had, quad/jeep, I wasn't too fond of, hence why we parted them out or sold them whole.

Some big wheels would look smokin' on that though, some Silverado wheels or Escalade wheels!

Go to Top of Page

KrazyJuice
Expert Modder

Toronto
Ontario
Canada

617 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2008 :  21:24:47  Show Profile
Nice find
Go to Top of Page

gseric69

Red Lion
PA
USA

6315 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2008 :  22:01:59  Show Profile  Visit gseric69's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by colinsmom

Sweet ride, we had that same exact one, but sold it as it didn't steer worth crap. Of course, we didn't want to bother modding it or fixing the steering.

Some people love the older vehicles and say the gears, etc were better made, but personally every older vehicle we've had, quad/jeep, I wasn't too fond of, hence why we parted them out or sold them whole.

Some big wheels would look smokin' on that though, some Silverado wheels or Escalade wheels!

I'm probably going to put some batteries in it this weekend and have my daughter test it out. That way I can see what I need to do to help it steer better. We have a pretty hilly yard, so good steering is a must. Since I'll be lifting it, I'll fix any steering issues at that time too.

I have one and a half of those older quads too, but so far they've just been sitting there (in the background). I haven't decided what to do with them yet. I like my ninja quad better so far, and that one is getting modded next.

36V Peg Perego Apache - Project: Super Power Police Jeep, 18V Metal Frame Jeep - Project: Sarge
Dragon/Craftsman Pickup Hybrid (WIP), 18V John Deere Off Road 4x4 (Gaucho, SOLD!)
Future Builds: 12V Xtreme Machine, 12V PW Fire Truck, 6V Wild Thing Super 6 & Mach 5

Edited by - gseric69 on 11/03/2008 22:06:53
Go to Top of Page

gseric69

Red Lion
PA
USA

6315 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2008 :  06:30:13  Show Profile  Visit gseric69's Homepage
Well I tried to do a quick test with it and put some batteries in, unfortunately it only went backwards. Looks like I'll have to take the F/R switch apart and clean it up to see if I can get it moving forwards.
I got the new grille for it today, and what an improvement it made already.

Oh, and you know what really grinds my gears (to quote Peter Griffin), can't Fisher Price spend just a little more and put screws in these things that't won't rust! Stainless screws don't cost that much more around me, and it sure would be better than the rusty garbage they are using now.

Edited by - gseric69 on 11/06/2008 09:50:21
Go to Top of Page

gseric69

Red Lion
PA
USA

6315 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2009 :  08:01:32  Show Profile  Visit gseric69's Homepage
Well I haven't started on this one, just been collecting parts for my plans, but yesterday I happened upon a fortunate score. I was going to pick up an F150 for what I thought was Super 6 motors to replace the ones I burned up, but when I got there it turned out that the owner had modded it and had old 13T metal frame gearboxes in it. So I was pretty psyched I found 2 more gearboxes to do my 4WD conversion here.

So far the plans are to lift the Jeep, install the rack and pinion steering from a Gaucho and make it 4WD. Everything is in place, I just need to figure out how to make the front end work now.

Edited by - gseric69 on 01/26/2009 08:02:09
Go to Top of Page

sdubb
Senior Modder

1661 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2009 :  13:20:38  Show Profile
How hard is it going to be to install the rack and pinion steering?

"Time to take a ride on the information superhighway."
Go to Top of Page

gseric69

Red Lion
PA
USA

6315 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2009 :  13:28:14  Show Profile  Visit gseric69's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by sdubb

How hard is it going to be to install the rack and pinion steering?

I'm not sure what it's going to entail yet, I haven't really had a chance to look at it and what will need to be done. I'm hoping I can do it without having to weld anything since I don't know how to weld and don't have a welder either.

Go to Top of Page

glht_omni
Journeyman Modder

426 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2009 :  16:53:43  Show Profile
since those have the 700 series motors, you beter throw those revolvers motors in it and 24v it!

6x4 limo bus jeep, 12v, 16t, silverado tires, 24v extreme machine, 21t gearboxes, vw barbie LED bug 12v, kandy blue 18v harley, lil quad 12v leds, VW tinker bug, barbie jammin LED jeep
gaucho grande 18v, silverado 18v, 21T gearboxes,
silverado 18v, 19t gearboxes
kidtraxx corvette yellow #3 24v, bypassed controller
berchet porsche carerra 6v RIP (parting out),
power rider jeff gordan nascar 24v
Go to Top of Page

gseric69

Red Lion
PA
USA

6315 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2009 :  08:27:45  Show Profile  Visit gseric69's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by glht_omni

since those have the 700 series motors, you beter throw those revolvers motors in it and 24v it!

Yea, definitely going to go with 24V. I just need to see how the batteries will fit under the hood. There doesn't seem to be as much room as the newer uni-body Jeeps have.

I didn't even think about the motors, but I'll probably keep the stock ones until they fail just to keep costs down for now.

Edited by - gseric69 on 02/16/2009 08:32:45
Go to Top of Page

swhenrik

Pengilly
MN
USA

4067 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2009 :  14:42:10  Show Profile  Visit swhenrik's Homepage
I'd say to have the kids try the steering before planning any mods to it. My opinion is completely the opposite of Colinsmom's.... the metal frame Jeeps have excellent leverage for the steering, and all steel parts that don't flex or bind. The newer vehicles have plastic blocks that flex and drag a lot, and the leverage is completely screwed up. If this one doesn't steer better then any newer PW on the market, get out the oil can!

The leverage is so much better in fact, that I don't think you'll see a problem even after adding the 4wd.

Keep in mind, those gearboxes are LOUD. With 4 of them spinning, and any speed mods, I'd just plan on putting a walkie talking in there with them so you don't have to yell so loud to get their attention.

Projects: Jeep, Bigfoot, Lil' Quad, Dora Quad, Dirt Grinder, Nascar, Intro, Ultimate Gaucho
Go to Top of Page

blindside

Springfield
MO
USA

13 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2009 :  17:54:52  Show Profile  Visit blindside's Homepage  Click to see blindside's MSN Messenger address  Send blindside a Yahoo! Message
Any new progress on this? I just picked up this exact vehicle and I'm considering doing some tinkering. Curious to hear what you've come up with.

I have 1 problem to address before I make it any faster, the back roll bar where the seat belts are attached have worn out the holes they are inserted into and don't like to stay in place well. I've thought of a few things but I'm wondering if anyone knows a sure way to get better support for them, since this is where the kid protection is mounted. :)

Thanks in advance, and good luck on your mod! I look forward to seeing what you've come up with.
Go to Top of Page

gseric69

Red Lion
PA
USA

6315 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2009 :  19:40:49  Show Profile  Visit gseric69's Homepage
Hey, unfortunately this one has taken a back seat while I work on the Apache. I have still been collecting parts for it in the meantime though, and I have just about everything ready to go. I have the metal frame lift kit, 13" wheels and four 13T gearboxes ready to go on. I've decided to stick with the stock steering set up, and sold the rack and pinion Gaucho assembly to Krazyjuice so he could fix his up.

Mine didn't have shoulder seatbelts, but I think the one cfanto got did. I haven't taken a close look as to how the rollbar is connected to the frame, but I know on my Sun Jammer, the main bar was screwed on from beneath. I'll try to take a look at mine tomorrow and see if I can come up anything.

Go to Top of Page

gseric69

Red Lion
PA
USA

6315 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2009 :  17:11:54  Show Profile  Visit gseric69's Homepage
As a result of my Harley ad, I got to talking with a lady who was interested in getting a 2 seater Jeep for her children. I was telling her about the work I do, and she asked me if it would be possible to make the Jeep to look like Sarge from Cars. So this project has now evolved into another Sarge build. This should be a fun one.
Unfortunately due to the time constraints to get it ready in time for Christmas, I'm going to have to drop the 4x4 project for it.
Instead it'll get a set of 17T #7s and 18V.

Edited by - gseric69 on 12/16/2009 22:58:01
Go to Top of Page

MustangFreak
Senior Modder

San Antonio
Texas
USA

1221 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2009 :  02:31:12  Show Profile  Visit MustangFreak's Homepage  Send MustangFreak a Yahoo! Message
Subscribed... take lots of pics . You planning on adding the eyes, and a mouth?

I'm not an addict, addicts have the potential to quit.
Go to Top of Page

gseric69

Red Lion
PA
USA

6315 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2009 :  07:27:19  Show Profile  Visit gseric69's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by FjCruiser

Subscribed... take lots of pics . You planning on adding the eyes, and a mouth?

Yes, she said she wants me to do the eyes. I'll have to see if I can find or make some stickers for the Eyes. I have an extra set of McQueen eyes, so I may scan them and change the color to match Sarges eyes.
I've been thining about the mouth and how to handle it. His bumper already matches the bumper on the Jeep when he's not smiling. Most of the images I found show him with just a little upper curl in his lip. The one picture I found of him with a smile has a curved bumper.

Go to Top of Page

Taz11
Advanced Modder

Bloomsbury (08804)
NJ

3739 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2009 :  07:37:23  Show Profile
How about using a heat gun to make the mouth? That plastic gets really workable when hot. I fixed a kinked windshield frame with one.

I get vinyl from a local sign shop. You should be able to make eyes out of some white and black. Cut it by hand.

Drive it like you stole it!........out of somebody's garbage!

Edited by - Taz11 on 11/11/2009 07:42:28
Go to Top of Page

gseric69

Red Lion
PA
USA

6315 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2009 :  07:55:08  Show Profile  Visit gseric69's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Taz11

How about using a heat gun to make the mouth? That plastic gets really workable when hot. I fixed a kinked windshield frame with one.

That's not a bad idea. Luckily I have 3 extra bumpers to work with too, so if I screw one up too bad, I have backups

Go to Top of Page

gseric69

Red Lion
PA
USA

6315 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2009 :  12:20:00  Show Profile  Visit gseric69's Homepage
I met with my customer this morning. Plans are to add head and taillights, make the windshield up to resemble Sarge's eyes, and add a spare tire and gas can.
One thing I wasn't sure of was weather or not I should keep the Roll Bar light, and/or roll bar itself on the Jeep. Since Sarge is a covered Jeep, I wasn't sure which way to go. Thoughts?
I have a set of the rectangular lights like Cfanto has on his here that I could add LEDs to.

The Jeep has already been torn down. Sticker removal and washing is next....

Go to Top of Page

Taz11
Advanced Modder

Bloomsbury (08804)
NJ

3739 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2009 :  13:07:11  Show Profile
To look like Sarge it needs a roof. Of course, a roof that clears the drivers head is way out of proportion.

Here's my thought. Use a 2 piece rollbar(like on the Safari Jeep)and cover it with some olive drab material like the real jeep top. Just leave it open over the seat fo head clearance. Oh...and no lights on top.

Insert Image:

Go to Top of Page

drew510
Senior Modder

Portland
OR

1079 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2009 :  13:22:10  Show Profile
Do you know how to sew at all? You could make a cloth wrap with some army green material and put it on the roll bar - like the LE Jeeps (and some Barbie Jeeps)have. I'd ask the customer if they wanted the roll bar lights. Another option for them would be the old Bigfoot style ones like I have on my Jeep. You could do the Harbor Freight headlight mod to them.

Finished Projects:
F150 4x4 Off Road turned Oregon State Beavers - http://www.modifiedpowerwheels.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=19323
TRU Bigfoot turned Oregon Ducks: http://www.modifiedpowerwheels.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=14563
Jeep Wrangler (78490) http://www.modifiedpowerwheels.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=11606
Ford F150 (C3493) US MARINES - http://www.modifiedpowerwheels.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=7264
Go to Top of Page

Dylan13
Senior Modder

Oakmont
Pa

1113 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2009 :  13:22:27  Show Profile
quote:

To look like Sarge it needs a roof. Of course, a roof that clears the drivers head is way out of proportion.

Here's my thought. Use a 2 piece rollbar(like on the Safari Jeep)and cover it with some olive drab material like the real jeep top. Just leave it open over the seat fo head clearance. Oh...and no lights on top.

I agree, need to make some sort of canvas thing for behind the seats

Super Power Gaucho
Peg Gaucho - John Deere Makeover
Peg Gaucho / Peg Gator / Peg Buck Quad
Hot Wheels Lambo - 12v
Enforcer Jr. - 2WD Super 6 - 12v
'lil Sport Barbie - 2WD High/Low rewire
Barbie Dune Beetle / Police Harley / Red Harley
Go to Top of Page

gseric69

Red Lion
PA
USA

6315 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2009 :  14:06:04  Show Profile  Visit gseric69's Homepage
I like the canvas idea. I do know how to sew, the problem is time. This needs to be done before Christmas since it's a present. I would also need to locate the rear bar from a Safari Jeep, since mine does not have the two bar setup.
I did send my customer an email to see what she thought.

Go to Top of Page

mad_dog1968
Journeyman Modder

Tabor City
NC
USA

133 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2009 :  14:26:06  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by gseric69

I like the canvas idea. I do know how to sew, the problem is time. This needs to be done before Christmas since it's a present. I would also need to locate the rear bar from a Safari Jeep, since mine does not have the two bar setup.

You could always use PVC, that's right... I said it... to create the canopy section. Drill holes in the frame to route the PVC through and add some grommets around the holes you drill to give it a clean look. The cloth will cover the PVC so it shouldn't be too noticeable. Are you going to mount a spare on the back too like Sarge?
Go to Top of Page

gseric69

Red Lion
PA
USA

6315 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2009 :  14:29:59  Show Profile  Visit gseric69's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by mad_dog1968

You could always use PVC, that's right... I said it... to create the canopy section. Drill holes in the frame to route the PVC through and add some grommets around the holes you drill to give it a clean look. The cloth will cover the PVC so it shouldn't be too noticeable. Are you going to mount a spare on the back too like Sarge?

Yes, I'm going to be using a wheel from a Lil Jeep since it's smaller. PVC might be a possibility. I'll be going out later to get some supplies, so I'll take a look at the sizes there.

Go to Top of Page

the gambler
Senior Modder

Jacksonville
Florida
USA

1437 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2009 :  15:21:55  Show Profile
quote:

Do you know any electricians? You could use some 1/2" EMT conduit, any electrician would know how to bend it for you.

Firerock , Gator , Bigfoot,Lil Wrangler, Army Hummer, Big Jake , Sarge Army Jeep ,JSO Police Hummer ,BACKDRAFT Monster Truck,Present Day Bigfoot

Go to Top of Page

12vwiz
Expert Modder

Mobile
AL
USA

505 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2009 :  16:47:53  Show Profile
This is going to be one cool mod
document Well please.

Hey, gseric69
Is putting the eyes on the windshield going to block the child from seeing? I'm not sure were a child's line of sight is on a jeep. Do they look over the windshield?

My first mod - john deer gator On Hold
Peg Gator LHR shifter Wiring diagram
Big Foot - driver relocation In progress
Go to Top of Page

gseric69

Red Lion
PA
USA

6315 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2009 :  18:43:29  Show Profile  Visit gseric69's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by 12vwiz

Hey, gseric69
Is putting the eyes on the windshield going to block the child from seeing? I'm not sure were a child's line of sight is on a jeep. Do they look over the windshield?

No, the kids look over the windshield in these, so it won't be a problem.

BTW, I did pick up some 1/2" PVC tonight. It's cheap stuff, so if I don't find the bar, I'll just make one.

Edited by - gseric69 on 12/16/2009 23:02:16
Go to Top of Page

gseric69

Red Lion
PA
USA

6315 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2009 :  15:02:25  Show Profile  Visit gseric69's Homepage
Got a little bit done tonight. Made up the eyelids and window divider for the windshield.

Before I do anything else I have to fix this big crack behind the grille. The previous owner had screwed a piece of plastic in to brace it, so I have a bunch of little screw holes to fill in too.

Go to Top of Page

gseric69

Red Lion
PA
USA

6315 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2009 :  16:04:19  Show Profile  Visit gseric69's Homepage
Made the upper lip in the grille from epoxy putty.

And got the smiling bumper roughed out.

Go to Top of Page

Taz11
Advanced Modder

Bloomsbury (08804)
NJ

3739 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2009 :  16:45:21  Show Profile
That upper lip kinda reminds me of "oh Wilbur" OOPs wrong tv show!

How well does that epoxy stick to the PW plastic? I've had it "pop" a few times. Maybe you could stick a few small screws from the back side when it hardens.

It looks Sarge for sure.

Go to Top of Page

Modmom32
Expert Modder

Cookeville
Tennessee
USA

830 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2009 :  18:54:17  Show Profile  Visit Modmom32's Homepage
HEY 3 DEMENTION>>> AND PUTTY......
quote:

Made the upper lip in the grille from epoxy putty.

And got the smiling bumper roughed out.

*arctic Shark snowmobile (beng modified again, scooter) but works!
*indianaJones Harley *desert bike *desert Challenger street bike *saftey 1st Chopper *SF viper*Herbie fully loaded via remote 12v....18v if lucky *gravedigger *mx350 *john deer tractor( still his favorite) *blue flame bigfoot *A151 * qty 2 twin 700* mx3 trike n 2 powerrider nascars (DALE SR n used to be #24 now General Lee) SOLD> 12v herbie
AMY
Go to Top of Page

gseric69

Red Lion
PA
USA

6315 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2009 :  20:15:43  Show Profile  Visit gseric69's Homepage
quote:

How well does that epoxy stick to the PW plastic? I've had it "pop" a few times. Maybe you could stick a few small screws from the back side when it hardens.

It looks Sarge for sure.

LOL

I used the JB Weld stick. It seems to stick to plastic pretty well so far. I'm going to try a little bit on some test plastic and put it in through the ringer to see how it does.

When the lady came by on Wednesday she left me this toy Sarge to use as a model, so this is the expression I was trying to copy.

Go to Top of Page

hotrodtodd
Expert Modder

Delhi
OH
USA

985 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2009 :  20:39:02  Show Profile  Visit hotrodtodd's Homepage
I love it cant wait to see it when its done.

Lifted Metal Frame JeepPower Drivers Trike
Bigfoot
Worksite Gator
Driveway Racer
Handy Manny 6v quad
Go to Top of Page

RICKYVB
Senior Modder

TAMPA
FLORIDA
USA

1265 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2009 :  22:35:15  Show Profile
Now,this is a true Sarge Jeep.
Love the work.Looks perfect so far!!!
Where is the Pvc?
Go to Top of Page

12vwiz
Expert Modder

Mobile
AL
USA

505 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2009 :  23:42:06  Show Profile
quote:

quote:

It looks Sarge for sure.

LOL

I used the JB Weld stick. It seems to stick to plastic pretty well so far. I'm going to try a little bit on some test plastic and put it in through the ringer to see how it does.

When the lady came by on Wednesday she left me this toy Sarge to use as a model, so this is the expression I was trying to copy.

Looks great, hats off

If you have problems with it holding...Drill small holes in the plastic and force the epoxy through them and flatten the back side giving it a sandwich effect.

That box of heat shrink... would make me smile too

My first mod - john deer gator On Hold
Peg Gator LHR shifter Wiring diagram
Big Foot - driver relocation In progress

Edited by - 12vwiz on 11/20/2009 23:49:27
Go to Top of Page

MustangFreak
Senior Modder

San Antonio
Texas
USA

1221 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2009 :  01:29:35  Show Profile  Visit MustangFreak's Homepage  Send MustangFreak a Yahoo! Message
Wow, looking good. Cant wait to see the finished project.

I'm not an addict, addicts have the potential to quit.
Go to Top of Page

gseric69

Red Lion
PA
USA

6315 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2009 :  06:54:48  Show Profile  Visit gseric69's Homepage
Thanks guys.

Well, the epoxy did start popping off a little on one side when I started messing with it. I actually did what 12vwiz suggested and drill some little holes, and also wrapped the epoxy around the bottom on the second round, so I'll see how that holds. I'll probably reinforce with some small screws too.

It also turns out the plastic on the main body was worse off than I thought. I started sanding a couple scratches out and the top layer just turned to pink dust. So I sanded the front half down last night to try and get rid of as much as the chalky plastic as I could.

Go to Top of Page

hotrodtodd
Expert Modder

Delhi
OH
USA

985 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2009 :  07:40:10  Show Profile  Visit hotrodtodd's Homepage
How have you been sanding by hand or machine? I think a da sander would work well just havent done it to a pw yet.

Lifted Metal Frame JeepPower Drivers Trike
Bigfoot
Worksite Gator
Driveway Racer
Handy Manny 6v quad
Go to Top of Page

gseric69

Red Lion
PA
USA

6315 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2009 :  14:14:40  Show Profile  Visit gseric69's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by hotrodtodd

How have you been sanding by hand or machine? I think a da sander would work well just havent done it to a pw yet.

I've been doing it by hand with 100 grit paper to start. I was scared I'd take too much off if I used an electric sander.

Go to Top of Page

mad_dog1968
Journeyman Modder

Tabor City
NC
USA

133 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2009 :  14:58:58  Show Profile
Updates? Progress?
Go to Top of Page

djssnowgod
Expert Modder

Elkhorn
Wisconsin
USA

502 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2009 :  16:00:41  Show Profile  Visit djssnowgod's Homepage
I used a random orbit and it worked pretty well just work your way up t to a pretty finre grit so yiou don't see swirl marks in the final paint job. I didn't do it but I would think a heat gun could help motth out some of the fine sanding scratches as well.

Dream Carriage @ 6 Volts
Super Shock
Harley Pink Stock
Metal Jeep bigger tires @ 18 Volts, Adding a lift soon as well as 4wd
Peg Perego Sportsman 700
Gaucho A151 Heavily upgraded
Metal Framed Jeep donor for pieces
Lil Quad Kawasaki
Go to Top of Page

gseric69

Red Lion
PA
USA

6315 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2009 :  20:13:01  Show Profile  Visit gseric69's Homepage
I didn't get anything done over the weekend since I was handling my son's birthday party, but I did make some progress tonight. Got the grille and bumper finshed up and painted. They weren't compeltely dry yet, but here are some shots of them.

I also decided to fill the windsheild wiper holes in the windshield since Sarge was never depicted with wipers. I'll sand these smooth tomorrow after it hardens and then paint it.

I'm going to try printing out some decals for the eyes next. This will be my first attempt at printing my own decals...

Go to Top of Page

the gambler
Senior Modder

Jacksonville
Florida
USA

1437 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2009 :  20:24:35  Show Profile

You do that wiring yourself? :P

Firerock , Gator , Bigfoot,Lil Wrangler, Army Hummer, Big Jake , Sarge Army Jeep ,JSO Police Hummer ,BACKDRAFT Monster Truck,Present Day Bigfoot

Go to Top of Page

gseric69

Red Lion
PA
USA

6315 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2009 :  20:54:13  Show Profile  Visit gseric69's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by the gambler

You do that wiring yourself? :P

It ain't pretty, but it works

Go to Top of Page

the gambler
Senior Modder

Jacksonville
Florida
USA

1437 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2009 :  21:25:56  Show Profile
You know im an electrician myself, and I do a lot of things at home I would never do at work.

Go to Top of Page

gseric69

Red Lion
PA
USA

6315 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2009 :  21:35:24  Show Profile  Visit gseric69's Homepage
quote:

You know im an electrician myself, and I do a lot of things at home I would never do at work.

LOL, I'm the same way.

Edited by - gseric69 on 12/16/2009 23:05:33
Go to Top of Page

Taz11
Advanced Modder

Bloomsbury (08804)
NJ

3739 Posts

Posted - 11/24/2009 :  05:48:42  Show Profile
Hmmm, sounds like my house. 30 breakers and half the house is on 2 of them.

Go to Top of Page

the gambler
Senior Modder

Jacksonville
Florida
USA

1437 Posts

Posted - 11/24/2009 :  22:01:04  Show Profile
you done sanding yet? :P

Go to Top of Page

gseric69

Red Lion
PA
USA

6315 Posts

Posted - 11/25/2009 :  13:03:31  Show Profile  Visit gseric69's Homepage
quote:

you done sanding yet? :P

Been doing some painting. Haven't had much time to work on it this week though.
I did get my eye stickers printed, and they look good. Also made a door sticker for it too.

Go to Top of Page

the gambler
Senior Modder

Jacksonville
Florida
USA

1437 Posts

Posted - 11/25/2009 :  14:24:21  Show Profile
what kind of door decal you make? I got the star and the numbers if you want me to email you them.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: