These forums are archived!
Please create a new account at our new forums here: http://forum.modifiedpowerwheels.com
ModifiedPowerWheels.com powerwheels upgrades, peg-perego and others very welcome

Specializing in Peg Perego and Power Wheels Parts and Machines
Home | My Files | Profile | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | RSS allows you to view new posts anywhere!!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Modifications by Category
 Speed
 GAS ENGINE
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

yomomma95

1 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2008 :  23:29:11  Show Profile  Send yomomma95 a Yahoo! Message
does anyone no how to put a gas engine in a powers wheel any insight will be apriciated

Studricho
Apprentice Modder

Wollongong
NSW
Australia

84 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2008 :  04:59:57  Show Profile
I look into this myself and it can be done. There's a few issues that you need to consider before you commence this.

-What has the law got to say about a gas powered PW? In Australia you could get fined easily.

-Heat generated form the engine could start a fire.

-Kids and fuel don't mix. (I assume that the gas PW is for a kid)

-Some of this cheap 2 stroke engines can be a unreliable. Not to mention messy.

-Overall speed of the thing would be lethal.

Some of the things you'd need to modify to do so..

-Full metal (or alloy $$$) chassis is needed
-Chain and sprocket
-Thicker axles
-Brakes are needed
-Fuel tank
-Exhaust system

I haven't attached a gas motor to a PW, but i did build a Gas powered scooter and a push bike for the wife. I sold the push bike and the scooter sits in the shed to remind me of how much trouble making something gas powered can be.

You fix one issue, then another, then another. I spend less time riding my scooter and more time fixing it.

If you do go gas powered, go the 4 stroke and even get electric start if the budget is right.

Go to Top of Page

Justsomeguy
Apprentice Modder

roselle
illinois

61 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2008 :  05:49:43  Show Profile
Are you thinking something insane like multi HP or something like a weed wacker engine?
Tony
Go to Top of Page

swhenrik

Pengilly
MN
USA

4067 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2008 :  11:42:57  Show Profile  Visit swhenrik's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Justsomeguy

Are you thinking something insane like multi HP or something like a weed wacker engine?
Tony
Judging by the intial question, I'd have to guess he isn't thinking at all......
quote:
does anyone no how to put a gas engine in a powers wheel any insight will be apriciated

First of all, using the search feature would be a huge benefit to get started on this forum. In bright red letters above where you typed THIS post, is a hint about the search feature.... looks a LOT like the contents of this thread:
http://www.modifiedpowerwheels.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=5777

Second.... if you have more then a random thought going about this.... maybe post up some more info! What engine are you thinking about? Any donor vehicles laying around? How fast do you want it? For you or a different child?

Projects: Jeep, Bigfoot, Lil' Quad, Dora Quad, Dirt Grinder, Nascar, Intro, Ultimate Gaucho
Go to Top of Page

gobigorgohome

1 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2009 :  17:39:41  Show Profile
I'm also going to convert a jeep powerwheels into gas and looking for some advice. I'm building it for the lake to get us to the store for gas and back. We currently have off road go-Karts, boats, house boats, jet skis, and quads that all need gas. once the campers are on the property, we need something small to get around them as this will also be used to get to the beach. I just found a little 2 stroke engine. Insuring the powerwheels is not a problem. It's for adults only.
Go to Top of Page

cbuggy
Journeyman Modder

USA

207 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2009 :  17:58:09  Show Profile

Here is a thread that has a video of some guys with gas powered pw's .no help probably to do it but it is fun to watch. Adults on PW youtube video http://www.geeksaresexy.net/2009/03/11/overpowered-power-wheels-kid-car/

Edited by - cbuggy on 04/27/2009 17:58:54
Go to Top of Page

myveryown07

kansas city
ks
USA

10 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2009 :  10:23:51  Show Profile
protect the plastic from the motor and build you a frame you would be fine. there is a video on youtube of a group of guys with them they are awesome. it looks as if they just built a frame for the power wheels to go onto.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: