These forums are archived!
Please create a new account at our new forums here: http://forum.modifiedpowerwheels.com
ModifiedPowerWheels.com powerwheels upgrades, peg-perego and others very welcome

Specializing in Peg Perego and Power Wheels Parts and Machines
Udemy Course
Home | My Files | Profile | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | RSS allows you to view new posts anywhere!!
 All Forums
 Modifications by Category
 Batteries and Wiring
 Market Prices for Ebay batteries!
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

BonnerBB
Senior Modder

Houston
Texas
USA

2225 Posts

Posted - 06/23/2008 :  14:12:05  Show Profile  Visit BonnerBB's Homepage  Send BonnerBB a Yahoo! Message
If anyone has any other vendor that they would like to add to the list please let me know and I will edit this post to add them. Also if you click on the below links and find that my prices are incorrect because one of the vendors increased and/or decreased their prices - please let me know so I may update them.

PRICES INCLUDE SHIPPING Last Price check was 6/10/10
Price Comparison for TWO 12v 12ah batteries shipped to 77077 (Houston, Texas)

Gruber - $45.89
Recent orders and customer service has been good according those that made recent purchases. Currently is the best priced battery with a long standing with good reliability.

Do a search in their store for a "RBC" and "Half U1" sort from least expensive to more expensive: http://cgi.ebay.com/RBC6-UPS-12V-12AH-RBC-6-APC-BP1000-SU7000-SU1000NET-/200479956344?cmd=ViewItem&pt=PCA_UPS&hash=item2ead895d78

Batteryman20 formerly PowerCell on ebay - $59.80
Power Cell Battery is now called Batteryman20 on Ebay - I verified this by calling customer service phone number: 877.469.4255
Batteryman20 is the Ebay sales for Power Cell and I verified they are the manufactures of the Zeus brand batteries which have proven to be very reliable. Quick shipping and good customer service has always been the norm for them. If you did business with Powercell on Ebay and want to again here is their store.

Prices are a still a bit higher than Gruber though... Has been higher since March 2010. http://cgi.ebay.com/RBC6-12v-12ah-SLA-Sealed-Lead-Acid-APC-UPS-Battery-ZEUS-/390197352887?cmd=ViewItem&pt=PCA_UPS&hash=item5ad99319b7

Thanks,
Bonner

NOTICE: I am not on MPW as much as I used to be!! PM me if you have questions about any of my threads!!!
I especially would love a PM from you if you did a project of your own similar to one of mine!!!

PWMOT Hijack Prevention Thread
Introduction and Collection
Video's of Projects
Modding Projects Pages
Cool Tools and Resources
What is PWMOT.org

Edited by - BonnerBB on 06/08/2010 10:50:36

coffee4m3plz
Journeyman Modder

warren
mi

310 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2008 :  08:02:42  Show Profile
Bonner, you have the first 2 links messed up! Sending people to the wrong listings.

Also watch ordering from Power Cell you can save yourself a couple of bucks.

Example Shipping to 48093
4 12v 12ah batteries shipped. $100.73
http://cgi.ebay.com/12V-12AH-SLA-BATTERIES-4_W0QQitemZ270247059986QQihZ017QQcategoryZ48479QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Better to go this route. 2 12v 12ah x2 (enter 2 in quantity) $99.01
Saved $1.72
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=280234367570&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=018

If using the Buy It Now
Go to Top of Page

BonnerBB
Senior Modder

Houston
Texas
USA

2225 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2008 :  08:58:14  Show Profile  Visit BonnerBB's Homepage  Send BonnerBB a Yahoo! Message
quote:
Originally posted by coffee4m3plz

Bonner, you have the first 2 links messed up! Sending people to the wrong listings.

Also watch ordering from Power Cell you can save yourself a couple of bucks.

Example Shipping to 48093
4 12v 12ah batteries shipped. $100.73
http://cgi.ebay.com/12V-12AH-SLA-BATTERIES-4_W0QQitemZ270247059986QQihZ017QQcategoryZ48479QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Better to go this route. 2 12v 12ah x2 (enter 2 in quantity) $99.01
Saved $1.72
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=280234367570&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=018

If using the Buy It Now

I fixed the links to go direct to the store and included the part numbers so people can search for what they want.

I didn't mess with the direct links again because those auctions end every week... Didn't want to have to update the link every week.

Nice tip on checking the cost on the different listings of the exact same product.

Thanks,
Bonner

NOTICE: I am not on MPW as much as I used to be!! PM me if you have questions about any of my threads!!!
I especially would love a PM from you if you did a project of your own similar to one of mine!!!

Video's of Projects
Modding Projects Pages
Cool Tools and Resources
What is PWMOT.org

Edited by - BonnerBB on 06/24/2008 09:09:03
Go to Top of Page

wickedways

Northbridge
MA
USA

756 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2008 :  09:35:18  Show Profile
I think saving a buck or a few cents would be a tad bit of nitpicking, there are too many variables and it would be an endless battle on who/what saves the most on what day/time. Leave it to the end user who's buying to figure a few cents or a buck or two of savings if the budget is tight. This is more in general terms, good analysis Coffee on Power Cell, that is not their intention and I'll let them know so maybe we can get the price on 4 batteries even cheaper. If you buy the singles in qty of 4, its 109.23, the more you buy as a whole should be cheaper.

"Saving the landfills, one Power Wheels at a time."
XPWMNE Club President
'98 PW Jeep (not updated)
PW/Peg Jeep Wheelie (not updated)
Go to Top of Page

coffee4m3plz
Journeyman Modder

warren
mi

310 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2008 :  21:50:26  Show Profile
If I buy the singles

http://cgi.ebay.com/RBC4-APC-REPLACEMENT-BATTERY-12V-12AH_W0QQitemZ280239634136QQihZ018QQcategoryZ48479QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1713.m153.l1262

It comes to $99.65 shipped to 48093

When It comes to buying Batteries off of ebay becareful of who you purchase from! If the deal seems to be to good, you best bet the batteries are out of date. I purchased "New sla batteries" from one seller at a steal of a deal. When I recieved the batteries, They had a manufacture date from 2005!

Since then I have only used Power Cell and my last shipment had a date code of 1/08. They Ship Fast and confirm shipping via email.

As far as being a tad bit Nitpicking, If you have kids you try to save every dime you can and I always look to find something a little cheaper (Short of going to WalMart!). If I find a way to save a buck, I will pass it on! I am sure that is not Power Cells intention to get a few extra dollars. There shipping system is automated!
Go to Top of Page

treebeme
Advanced Modder

Holtsville
NY
USA

3209 Posts

Posted - 07/28/2008 :  13:20:27  Show Profile
Direct Power Sales never shipped me my batteries that I ordered on 6/23. They have not responded to any of my e-mails and currently they have no items for sale on E-bay so I am pretty sure that they have shut down and ran away with my money. I am disputing the charges via pay-pal.

------------------------------------------------
Screamin Demon (600 watt scooter motor, 36v scooter controller)
Red Harley (trike, 24v scooter controller, 13t MFJ gearboxes/motors)
KFX Quad (24v scooter controller, MFJ 12t gearboxes/motors)
Fire Rescue Jeep (24v scooter controller, 15t #7 gearboxes/motors)
Franken(berry)beast (24v scooter controller, 2-250Watt Scooter motors)
Grave Digger (21T gearboxes)
Super Shock
Razor MX-350 Motorcycle

Projects
--------
Jeep Wrangler (on hold)
Barbie Cruzin Tunes Jeep (24v scooter controller)
TCV Indy Racer (24v scooter controller)
Gator (on hold)
Silverado Dragster (on hold)
Apache (on hold)
Metal big wheel (24v scooter controller)
Jeep Aftershock
Go to Top of Page

wickedways

Northbridge
MA
USA

756 Posts

Posted - 07/28/2008 :  14:52:10  Show Profile
that sucks... lets hope you're not the only one, it would be easier to get it back I think.. although never had any problems with Power Cell Batteries and its cheaper.

XPWMNE Club President
Go to Top of Page

gameboy

just north of austin
tx
USA

4796 Posts

Posted - 07/28/2008 :  21:06:45  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by treebeme

Direct Power Sales never shipped me my batteries that I ordered on 6/23. They have not responded to any of my e-mails and currently they have no items for sale on E-bay so I am pretty sure that they have shut down and ran away with my money. I am disputing the charges via pay-pal.

crap, i hate jag-offs like that. i hope you get your money back(by prying it from there cold dead fingers)

Go to Top of Page

BonnerBB
Senior Modder

Houston
Texas
USA

2225 Posts

Posted - 07/28/2008 :  21:58:31  Show Profile  Visit BonnerBB's Homepage  Send BonnerBB a Yahoo! Message
quote:
Originally posted by wickedways

that sucks... lets hope you're not the only one, it would be easier to get it back I think.. although never had any problems with Power Cell Batteries and its cheaper.

Direct Power Cell is different than the one that Tree ordered from. Tree ordered from Power Sales - which is not the company that I believe that you normally order from. Click on the links in the beginning of this thread and the vendor that sales the Zeus batteries still has items for sale.

Thanks,
Bonner

Video's of Projects
Modding Projects Pages
Cool Tools and Resources
What is PWMOT.org
Go to Top of Page

wickedways

Northbridge
MA
USA

756 Posts

Posted - 07/29/2008 :  06:01:17  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by BonnerBB

Direct Power Cell is different than the one that Tree ordered from. Tree ordered from Power Sales - which is not the company that I believe that you normally order from. Click on the links in the beginning of this thread and the vendor that sales the Zeus batteries still has items for sale.

Yes I know, my statement was referring the two companies/sellers in differences. I've been always referring DPC to anyone who wants good quality batteries at a great price, yet they refuse to listen.

XPWMNE Club President
Go to Top of Page

treebeme
Advanced Modder

Holtsville
NY
USA

3209 Posts

Posted - 07/29/2008 :  06:36:46  Show Profile
I guess my point was that you might want to remove that second link in the first post because they aren't around any more. I just ordered from DPC instead but others should be warned.

Super Shock
Razor MX-350 Motorcycle

Projects
--------
Jeep Wrangler (on hold)
Gator (on hold)
Apache (on hold)
Jeep Aftershock
Go to Top of Page

treebeme
Advanced Modder

Holtsville
NY
USA

3209 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2008 :  06:10:08  Show Profile
I guess going to paypal and disputing the bill helps. I get home from work yesterday and two boxes of batteries are there. Since I only ordered 4 from DPC I was confused why it needed two boxes and why it was so heavy. It turns out one box was the four batteries from Direct Power Cell that I just ordered (nice quick service, well packed) and the other box was the six batteries I ordered over a month ago from Power Sales. The box was beat up and broken but the batteries appear to be undamaged at first glance.

I guess I am glad they finally shipped them after I disputed the bill with paypal but now I have 10 batteries instead of the 6 I originally planned on getting. I guess it's time to get off my butt and finally bump everything up to 24v (with scooter controllers).

Super Shock
Razor MX-350 Motorcycle

Projects
--------
Jeep Wrangler (on hold)
Gator (on hold)
Apache (on hold)
Jeep Aftershock
Go to Top of Page

BonnerBB
Senior Modder

Houston
Texas
USA

2225 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2008 :  23:23:30  Show Profile  Visit BonnerBB's Homepage  Send BonnerBB a Yahoo! Message
Please refer to the first post for the battery supplier of choice..... Which is http://stores.ebay.com/Power-cell-Battery-Products
as of 8/2/08

Thanks,
Bonner

Video's of Projects
Modding Projects Pages
Cool Tools and Resources
What is PWMOT.org
Go to Top of Page

crazyjoezx

davie
FL
USA

32 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2008 :  11:52:38  Show Profile
when buying a battery form the internet do they usually come with a charger or do you gotta buy that as well?
im looking for a 6v and a 12v...i already have the charger for the 12v ,but i heard you cant charge a 6v with a 12v charger?

also what type of places would sell these local?

thanks!

davie,fl

Go to Top of Page

wickedways

Northbridge
MA
USA

756 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2008 :  19:50:44  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by crazyjoezx

when buying a battery form the internet do they usually come with a charger or do you gotta buy that as well?
im looking for a 6v and a 12v...i already have the charger for the 12v ,but i heard you cant charge a 6v with a 12v charger?
also what type of places would sell these local?

No they do not, you will have to buy a charger yourself. There are alot of good ones out there and considerations to make as well but to keep this simple, a lot of members here use either the Schumacher 1.5amp Battery Companion that chargers 6v and 12v at a fixed 1.5amp, then you have the Schumacher SC-600a, that charges at either 6, 4 or 2 amps on 6v and 12v batteries.

Then you will have to make some easy modifications to the connections to accomodate the batteries by using spade connections on the battery terminals. The fAQs in the batteries & Wiring forum covers it in detail if you so incline to read the FAQs.

XPWMNE Club President
Go to Top of Page

BonnerBB
Senior Modder

Houston
Texas
USA

2225 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2008 :  21:14:26  Show Profile  Visit BonnerBB's Homepage  Send BonnerBB a Yahoo! Message
quote:
Originally posted by treebeme

I guess my point was that you might want to remove that second link in the first post because they aren't around any more. I just ordered from DPC instead but others should be warned.

Done - been very busy lately! Sorry I listed them in the first place! Glad you had a good experience with:

Do a search in their store for "12v 12ah", "6v 12ah" and "12v 18ah": http://stores.ebay.com/Power-cell-Battery-Products

Thanks,
Bonner

Video's of Projects
Modding Projects Pages
Cool Tools and Resources
What is PWMOT.org

Edited by - BonnerBB on 08/02/2008 21:14:52
Go to Top of Page

pk8
Apprentice Modder

metamora
OH

83 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2008 :  19:30:01  Show Profile
Ordered 4 12 volt 12 amp batteries from Power cell monday night. $82 plus shipping. Arrived tonight (Wend) Damm that was quick for ground shipping. Every thing looks good.
Go to Top of Page

BonnerBB
Senior Modder

Houston
Texas
USA

2225 Posts

Posted - 08/22/2008 :  15:09:53  Show Profile  Visit BonnerBB's Homepage  Send BonnerBB a Yahoo! Message
Stick

Thanks,
Bonner

Video's of Projects
Modding Projects Pages
Cool Tools and Resources
What is PWMOT.org

Edited by - BonnerBB on 10/28/2008 09:59:48
Go to Top of Page

BonnerBB
Senior Modder

Houston
Texas
USA

2225 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2008 :  10:00:12  Show Profile  Visit BonnerBB's Homepage  Send BonnerBB a Yahoo! Message
e

Thanks,
Bonner

Video's of Projects
Modding Projects Pages
Cool Tools and Resources
What is PWMOT.org
Go to Top of Page

BonnerBB
Senior Modder

Houston
Texas
USA

2225 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2008 :  22:20:32  Show Profile  Visit BonnerBB's Homepage  Send BonnerBB a Yahoo! Message
How many times do I have to bump this thread to get a STICKY!!!!!!

Power Cell batteries are the BOMB!!!

If ANYONE can find better prices and faster shipping then POWER CELL please post it up! No - I don't work for them nor have I ever ordered from them but consensus says - Power Cell rocks...

When my Gruber's finally die my replacements will come from Power Cell.

Thanks,
Bonner

Video's of Projects
Modding Projects Pages
Cool Tools and Resources
What is PWMOT.org

Edited by - BonnerBB on 12/05/2008 22:22:38
Go to Top of Page

gameboy

just north of austin
tx
USA

4796 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2008 :  22:31:53  Show Profile
booo-ya.
Go to Top of Page

Travvy
Journeyman Modder

Tillsonburg
Ontario
Canada

281 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2008 :  05:02:23  Show Profile
Bonner, how's the new sales job at powercell?

Those little motors can do that?
Go to Top of Page

gseric69

Red Lion
PA
USA

6315 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2008 :  11:55:37  Show Profile  Visit gseric69's Homepage
I gotta say I'm pretty impressed with Powercell as well. One of the 12V's I received was bad, and when I contacted customer service, they had me send it back, reimbursed me for the shipping charges through paypal, and sent me a new battery after they tested the bad one. Once they had tested the bad one, they sent the new one the same day, and I received it the next day, shipped from IL to PA.

After the holiday's I'll be placing an order for a few more 6 and 12V's for the rides I have awaiting batteries.

36V Peg Perego Apache - Project: Super Power Police Jeep, 18V Metal Frame Jeep - Project: Sarge
Dragon/Craftsman Pickup Hybrid (WIP), 18V John Deere Off Road 4x4 (Gaucho, SOLD!)
12V Lil Jeep, 18V Turbo Sun Jammer Jeep, 12V Super 6 F150 Blue Thunder,
18V Lightning McQueen & 12V Lightning McQueen w/Duratrax Motors (Sold)
18V Green & Blue Ninja Quads w/19T's, 18V Dora Quad with 21T's
12V Harley Bat Bike w/Duratrax Motors, 12V Pink Harley (Future Trike)
Future Builds: 12V Xtreme Machine, 12V PW Fire Truck, 6V Wild Thing Super 6 & Mach 5
RIP: 12V Super 6 Suzuki Quad w/Seperate Brake pedal (Decommissioned/Parted)

Edited by - gseric69 on 12/06/2008 12:01:46
Go to Top of Page

sdubb
Senior Modder

1661 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2008 :  17:35:10  Show Profile
are you guys able to post the link or if its ebay the seller???
I have searched for "power cell" brand but I think you guys mean power cell is the seller on ebay???

"Time to take a ride on the information superhighway."
Go to Top of Page

gameboy

just north of austin
tx
USA

4796 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2008 :  17:50:19  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by sdubb

I have searched for "power cell" brand but I think you guys mean power cell is the seller on ebay???

you are correct, power cell is the seller, and they sell Zeus batteries.
Go to Top of Page

BonnerBB
Senior Modder

Houston
Texas
USA

2225 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2008 :  18:42:36  Show Profile  Visit BonnerBB's Homepage  Send BonnerBB a Yahoo! Message
This link was in the very first post of this thread.
http://stores.ebay.com/Power-cell-Battery-Products

Thanks,
Bonner

Video's of Projects
Modding Projects Pages
Cool Tools and Resources
What is PWMOT.org

Edited by - BonnerBB on 12/07/2008 21:59:42
Go to Top of Page

Powell Gray

1 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2008 :  08:05:21  Show Profile
Power Cell/Zeus vs Gruber. I have cooked my Gruber until it is in need of replacement. It was an 18Ah 12v. The Power Cell is 17Ah. How much difference will that make? Also seems like a hefty delivery fee on the Zeus batteries- are these the only 2 battery sources? Looking at about $45-50. Maybe it is time for the boy to move up to internal combustion.
Go to Top of Page

gseric69

Red Lion
PA
USA

6315 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2008 :  08:37:22  Show Profile  Visit gseric69's Homepage
I doubt you'll notice any difference between 17Ah and 18Ah.
I saw shipping was $12.85 for a single 12V 17Ah batt from Power-Cell, not a bad price if you ask me considering how much they weigh. That brings it to $41.85 for a single 12V 17Ah batt shipped. It may be hard to find another batt that size cheaper shipped. You could try looking around locally, but I've found all my local shops charge about double the price I can get for the same battery shipped from Power-Cell.
They have also combined shipping charges for me when I've bought in bulk, so the more you buy, the less it'll cost per item to ship.

36V Peg Perego Apache - Project: Super Power Police Jeep, 18V Metal Frame Jeep - Project: Sarge
Dragon/Craftsman Pickup Hybrid (WIP), 18V John Deere Off Road 4x4 (Gaucho, SOLD!)
Future Builds: 12V Xtreme Machine, 12V PW Fire Truck, 6V Wild Thing Super 6 & Mach 5

Edited by - gseric69 on 12/08/2008 08:50:46
Go to Top of Page

gseric69

Red Lion
PA
USA

6315 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2008 :  08:44:56  Show Profile  Visit gseric69's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by sdubb

Power-Cell is the name of the company, they produce the Zeus brand batteries. Their official website is www.powercellbattery.com but their Ebay store link is posted above. Their ebay seller name is batteryman20.

They shouldn't be confused with PowerCell Energy, which also distributes battery products (although none that appear to fit our needs)

Edited by - gseric69 on 12/08/2008 08:49:31
Go to Top of Page

BonnerBB
Senior Modder

Houston
Texas
USA

2225 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2008 :  10:02:00  Show Profile  Visit BonnerBB's Homepage  Send BonnerBB a Yahoo! Message

WOO HOO!! BONNER MADE A STICKY!!!

SPEECH! SPEECH! SPEECH!

Okay, Okay, Okay, I would first of all like to thank Gameboy for recognizing this thread as a good resource for all the PWeelers on the forum and making it a Sticky!!! Second, I would like to thank all the PWeelers on here that posted good and/or bad feedback that will help others on this forum make an educated decision on where to buy good PW batteries.

The point of this thread is for ANYONE that finds a good source for batteries to post up so we can do a fair comparison.

There used to be other battery vendors/sources that flaked out, didn't ship, went out of business, etc.... So far the best two options are Gruber and Powercell... Powercell being the best choice for now because of the experience of the members on this board having better customer service and prices than Gruber.

If you do find a different battery vendor that is reliable, competitive, and have plenty of stock then let us know so we can compare them on this thread. After the vendor has proven a reliable track record then I will update POST #1 of this thread to include them.

Thanks,
Bonner

Video's of Projects
Modding Projects Pages
Cool Tools and Resources
What is PWMOT.org

Edited by - BonnerBB on 12/08/2008 10:46:34
Go to Top of Page

BonnerBB
Senior Modder

Houston
Texas
USA

2225 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2008 :  10:52:59  Show Profile  Visit BonnerBB's Homepage  Send BonnerBB a Yahoo! Message
Please refer to the first post of this thread for the battery supplier of choice..... Prices Updated 12/8/2008

Interstate came out to $120.51 for 2-12v 12ah batteries with estimated shipping to 77077... I would say that is a definitely NOT a little more expensive but ALOT more expensive.

Thanks,
Bonner

Video's of Projects
Modding Projects Pages
Cool Tools and Resources
What is PWMOT.org

Edited by - BonnerBB on 07/12/2009 22:31:12
Go to Top of Page

jnt412

15 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2009 :  14:01:53  Show Profile  Send jnt412 a Yahoo! Message
There ebay prices seem good compared to other companies. I've visited the ebay site and the company site looking for a 6v 9-10AH battery. They don't seem to carry them on their ebay store for the moment and you have to request a quote on the company site...

Prego JD Gator/18V Mod
Kawi KFX/12V Stock
Recent 600a owner
Go to Top of Page

starrychloe

NYC

4 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2009 :  02:51:23  Show Profile
Sorry PowerCell batteries (Zeus) should not be used for scooters. This is their message:

Hi Chloe

I do not wish to call you at this time, because of how early it is right now. I always fear I may wake someone up if I call to early in the morning.

Our engineer does not come in for about another 30 minutes. However, I am able to provide some feedback now that I know the application.

Based on the information you just provided, that you are looking to replace deep cycle batteries, our cells will unfortunately not work for your scooter. Our SLA batteries are mainly meant for standby applications and not high capacity / deep cycle use.

If you wish to return the batteries for a pay pal credit, please advise so I may provide you with an RMA number for return. I am sorry that at this time our cells are unable to fit your needs.

Thank you,

Kim Aiello

Power-Cell Battery Home of the ZEUS Battery!

191 Covington Drive

Bloomingdale, IL 60108

Toll Free: 877-469-4255

Fax: 630-295-6801

www.powercellbattery.com

The brand new batteries were weak and would not hold a charge under load:

New - out of box: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xw9Bp1UYeVo

Fully charged: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrkX2cGFAI4

Go to Top of Page

gseric69

Red Lion
PA
USA

6315 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2009 :  09:05:30  Show Profile  Visit gseric69's Homepage
It's funny that they say that, but also on their descriptions they say for use in applications that are high discharge as well.
I ordered 2 12V and 3 6V. One of the 12V's I received had a weak charge, and it turned out it had a bad cell, but they sent me a new one at no charge, which has worked just fine. I've been using the batteries now for 3 months and they've been working great so far.

That's good they offered you a refund, I've been very impressed with their customer service.

I noticed on some, but not all of their Ebay listings they post this warning: OUR CELLS ARE STANDARD AGM SLA AND ARE NOT MEANT TO BE USED IN HIGH DISCHARGE APPLICATIONS

But, their description of their equipment also states: "We manufacture high quality sealed lead acid batteries and custom battery packs. Our sealed lead acid batteries are used in UPS, Wheelchairs, Scooters, Electric Brake Systems, Alarm Systems, Pet Containment Systems, and much much more."

So it could be that some of their SLAs can be used for our applications and some can't.

It's up to the buyer always, but for now I plan to stick with them for my battery needs.

This info was also covered in the thread here:
http://www.modifiedpowerwheels.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=7145

Go to Top of Page

BonnerBB
Senior Modder

Houston
Texas
USA

2225 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2009 :  23:25:37  Show Profile  Visit BonnerBB's Homepage  Send BonnerBB a Yahoo! Message
I don't think Kim Aiello at Power Cell knows what she is talking about!

B-

Thanks,
Bonner

Video's of Projects
Modding Projects Pages
Cool Tools and Resources
What is PWMOT.org
Go to Top of Page

starrychloe

NYC

4 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2009 :  01:31:49  Show Profile
She may not, but at least they offer a warranty, if you bought it accidentally and don't say what you use it for.

Hi Chloe

The batteries do have a 1 year warranty. If you do contact us for the warranty, down the road, I advise you not to mention they are for deep cycle applications.

Our cells are mainly used in applications such as UPS systems, under water sensors, gate openers, emergency lights and exit signs. They are also used in many medical devices around the world, such as Zoll Medical and Welch Allyn products. With all the applications which require SLA batteries, deep cycle and starter batteries are not the only chemistries available. All SLA batteries, regardless of what they are used for or chemistry, all note voltage and amp hour ratings.

Please let us know if there is anything else we may assist you with.

Thank you,

Kim Aiello
Power-Cell Battery Home of the ZEUS Battery!
191 Covington Drive
Bloomingdale, IL 60108
Toll Free: 877-469-4255
Fax: 630-295-6801
www.powercellbattery.com

Go to Top of Page

phatboy

cloverdale
ca

3 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2009 :  20:19:56  Show Profile  Send phatboy a Yahoo! Message
Mofiying my daughters Barbie tunes pw. What two batterys will fit in the engine compartment well with best porfromance? Buying from gruber

Marv
Go to Top of Page

starrychloe

NYC

4 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2009 :  14:30:17  Show Profile
Measure the dimensions of the current batteries, then find the largest batteries that will fit with the highest amp-hour (Ah) rating or watt-hour (Wh) rating.

quote:
Originally posted by phatboy

Mofiying my daughters Barbie tunes pw. What two batterys will fit in the engine compartment well with best porfromance? Buying from gruber

Go to Top of Page

BonnerBB
Senior Modder

Houston
Texas
USA

2225 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2009 :  09:58:18  Show Profile  Visit BonnerBB's Homepage  Send BonnerBB a Yahoo! Message
UPDATED 5/1/2009

Although Power Cell has been the best price and have had Stellar customer service - the recent price update pulled Gruber AHEAD in value by 10 bones!

Gruber has had slow shipping and response from customer service in the past therefore Power Cell was getting more sales.. But now Gruber is cheaper.

If you have had any recent experience with Gruber recently please post up as the are now the CHEAPER of the two...

Thanks,
Bonner

Video's of Projects
Modding Projects Pages
Cool Tools and Resources
What is PWMOT.org
Go to Top of Page

sdubb
Senior Modder

1661 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2009 :  10:07:13  Show Profile
I think I should throw this out there and really only applies to AZ addresses. You would think AZ to AZ shipping and all would be cheaper BUT don't forget the sales tax. If I remember correctly it was still cheaper to get them sent across the states to save a little extra cash. Other AZ members please chime in. Thanks.

"Time to take a ride on the information superhighway."
Go to Top of Page

navaja77
Expert Modder

Prescott Vly
AZ
USA

681 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2009 :  10:08:18  Show Profile  Send navaja77 a Yahoo! Message
I've never had problems with gruber and get my batteries within 2 days. But then I'm in AZ which is where they are located. I haven't actually had to call them yet.

6V Lil Jeep
18V Fire Rescue Jeep (SOLD)
12V Barbie Jeep (Up for grabs, any takers?)
Super 6 Firerock (Up for grabs, any takers?)
12V-18V Lightning McQueen
12V Peg Perego Gator (SOLD)
12V Peg Perego John Deere Buck
12V Peg Perego Polaris 700 (gift to my nephew)
12V Peg Perego Gaucho Silver

Go to Top of Page

gseric69

Red Lion
PA
USA

6315 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2009 :  10:11:33  Show Profile  Visit gseric69's Homepage
Thanks for the update Bonner, I know when I priced batteries 2 months ago, Power-Cell was still cheaper to order when ordering a lot. When I got 4 12V 12AH and 3 6V 12AH batteries the price from Power-Cell Still came out cheaper than Gruber.
I'll definetely have to recompare for my next order. Sucks about the price increase from Power-Cell though.

Go to Top of Page

Kimber
Journeyman Modder

Katy
TX
USA

111 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2009 :  19:41:11  Show Profile
Bonner, I bought a 6V from Gruber about 3 months ago, and I rec'd it in about a weeks time - so not slow enough to complain about. I am in Houston, so it's quite a distance.

Cory

Kimber - 45 CDP
Gaucho - http://www.modifiedpowerwheels.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=15756
Gator - 18v, LEDs, HPX rear wheels, banded front wheels, batteries transferred to the back, HPI GT 550s w/sinks & fans
Lil Quad - paint job, steering mod, 6v to 12v conversion, & wheelie bar
Ninja (green/yellow) - stock
Barbie Jeep - stock
Go to Top of Page

milkman22
Journeyman Modder

Mesa
AZ
USA

238 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2009 :  20:43:44  Show Profile
Has anyone here in AZ picked them up local from the,? What was the price?

Hook Me Up Like A Tow Truck!!

Chevy Silverado SawBlade
Cadillac Escalade
Safety 1st Corvette
Big Foot
Lil Jeep
Kawasaki Super Shock
Chevy Silverado
KidTrax FireTruck
Go to Top of Page

nathan66669

6 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2009 :  17:12:12  Show Profile
OK, I'm pretty lazy, and I don't like changing that damn little battery out every hour. What is the difference between these 12V 12aH bought from e-bay and a golf cart battery? For instance these:
http://www.batterymart.com/c-golf-caddy-batteries.html
I figure a 12V 12aH can last an hour, so a 35aH should last 3 hours (maybe a bit less since it weighs probably 3x as much). Both are SLA AGM made for electric vehicles. This website is just one example, I'd say if you want cheap golf cart batteries, see where your nearest golf range gets theres. What do you guys think? (that 35aH they have would run just under $80 bucks). Also, I know the size would be larger so a cut out would be required, but I've already looked into that as well.

Edited by - nathan66669 on 05/04/2009 17:34:16
Go to Top of Page

rhedayi
Apprentice Modder

56 Posts

Posted - 05/14/2009 :  14:48:23  Show Profile
I just wanted to add Gruber is great, I purchased a 12v 12ah battery and it works very well, long run time. I just found a cheaper alternative they have, that I think would work for many if you are looking for the best bang for the buck....
this one is only $18 bucks and is a tad bit more robust than the oem 9.5 ah....I picked up 2 shipped under $50 !!!
Search for 12V 10AH SCOOTER BATTERY SCHWINN MONGOOSE
http://cgi.ebay.com/12V-10AH-SCOOTER-BATTERY-SCHWINN-MONGOOSE_W0QQitemZ170332078887QQihZ007QQcategoryZ11329QQcmdZViewItem
Go to Top of Page

cfanto
Journeyman Modder

Tracy
CA
USA

406 Posts

Posted - 05/14/2009 :  21:45:32  Show Profile  Visit cfanto's Homepage  Send cfanto a Yahoo! Message
I've bought the GRUBERS (three 6V, 12ah's) and was pleasantly surprised when they arrived in less than a week... esp. after reading the complaints on the forums about their slow ships.

PowerWheels - Jeep Wrangler (74440) - Red Wrangler - unibody Jeep w/ 18V, #4 gearbox retrofit
PowerWheels - Dune Squad (74570) - Yellow Jeep - metal-framed Jeep w/ 18V, LED lights, #7 gearboxes, brake pedal
PowerWheels - Wrangler 98 (78490) - Army Jeep - unibody Jeep w/ 12V, OD painted, brake pedal, rubber tires
PowerWheels - Grey/Pace Exclusive (86270) - metal-framed Jeep - currently stock
Peg Perego - Gaucho Grande (HP252) - 70's-style Toyota Landcruiser FJ40 - 18V, LED lighting, brake pedal, front & rear traction-aids
PowerWheels - X-Treme Machine (74790) - painted, 18V w/ 24V NOS, 19T #7 gearbox, brake pedal, front traction-aids
PowerWheels - Hot Wheels Rally Kart (xxxxx) - 18V in process
PowerWheels - Hot Wheels Rally Kart (xxxxx) - currently stock
Go to Top of Page

mjmbrown
Journeyman Modder

West Richland
WA
USA

380 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2009 :  00:31:24  Show Profile
powercell was a week, 2 12v12ah's.....good to go

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough."
- Mario Andretti.

Current Fleet:
Gaucho 4.0
Gator-painted and bedliner
Kawasaki SuperShock
Super6 Blue Thunder
"RC" ToyStory Eliminator
(in progress)
Dora-single seat...soon to be a gift
Barbie--metal frame (rough)
Go to Top of Page

Saba

14 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2009 :  09:48:02  Show Profile
what charger do you use to charge your 12v gruber batteries
Go to Top of Page

rhedayi
Apprentice Modder

56 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2009 :  22:41:48  Show Profile
Grueber batteries arrived less than 1 week, very nice....

I use a shumacker 1562a, this is the 1.5a maintainer / charger, works great.
Go to Top of Page

wickedways

Northbridge
MA
USA

756 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2009 :  22:35:14  Show Profile
FYI, at this point is irrelevant to compare the prices that Bonner posted at the beginning of this thread as the competition changes. As of now, Gruber is at $53.70 and Zeus (power-cell) is at $47.50, both for 2 12v 12ah and without shipping.

I've been running Zeus for over a year and they been holding pretty strong, as long as you take care of them like they should, you'll get your monies worth.

XPWMNE Club President

Edited by - wickedways on 06/06/2009 22:39:40
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: