These forums are archived!
Please create a new account at our new forums here: http://forum.modifiedpowerwheels.com
ModifiedPowerWheels.com powerwheels upgrades, peg-perego and others very welcome

Specializing in Peg Perego and Power Wheels Parts and Machines
Udemy Course
Home | My Files | Profile | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | RSS allows you to view new posts anywhere!!
 All Forums
 Personal Stuff - Introductions, forsale, reviews!
 Projects Pages! (blogs?)
 SuperSix F-150 Sleeper
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

josebarrera

Panama
Florida
USA

47 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2008 :  23:05:28  Show Profile  Visit josebarrera's Homepage
My son got this Super Six a while back and I had been meaning to modify it into a 12-volt. My intent was to make the modification but keep it looking stock (at least for now) hence the "Sleeper" title.

43.02 KB

As you probably know...this is how the Super Six Motor looks right out of the box:

48.88 KB

I removed the Fake Motor cover and battery retainer. Using a dremel, I cut just enough to fit a second battery to the left of where the original sits. My intent was to make it so the second battery would fit under the original batteries reatainer cap.

38.41 KB

Now that the Hole was cut, i needed something to support the battery from under. I decided to us an electric switch wall hanger. I moded it to hold the battery better and painted it for a stock look:

51.56 KB

Checking for Fit:

39.04 KB

Under carriage fit and wheel clearance check

35.66 KB

Here it is painted and mounted :

45.58 KB

33.19 KB

From the outside the Under Carriage still looks stock:

22.81 KB

Using Two Super Six Red PW batteries....I wired it up exactly as "JASNCAB" does in his 6v to 12v Jeep video. In this way I can still charge each battery individually with the original charger or Charge them both wired in series with a Shumacher SC-600A on a 12V setting. Thanks to JASNCAB for the great Vid!

50.98 KB
Wired in Series

47.01 KB

Finally I re-attached the Motor cover and battery retainer. The result is a Stock looking sleeper that would shake-n-bake the tires off any regular six volt!

46.95 KB
No Matter how hard you look in the engine compartment you cant tell it has a second battery.
41.79 KB

I realize that my end result is not very Aesthetically exciting but I wanted the F-150 to be fast and powerfull without giving away its secret. My boy happily rode the F-150 around @ six volts but you should have seen the smile on his face when the truck blasted off with its 12Volt upgrade. I definately want to further modify this truck and I will keep you guys posted.

JOSE'

YELLOW GAUCHO GRANDE

YAMAHA RAPTOR

SUPER SIX FORD F150 12-VOLT

Red Wrangler
Journeyman Modder

USA

313 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2008 :  03:47:49  Show Profile
Nice and clean!
Go to Top of Page

gameboy

just north of austin
tx
USA

4796 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2008 :  04:01:55  Show Profile
did you modify the harness too so it has stock fwd/rev then a pull your body back, blow your head off high speed too? or did you put a nitrous button?

btw nice and clean job, very much a sleeper.

"free is always better"
Go to Top of Page

josebarrera

Panama
Florida
USA

47 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2008 :  07:43:24  Show Profile  Visit josebarrera's Homepage
did you modify the harness too so it has stock fwd/rev then a pull your body back, blow your head off high speed too? or did you put a nitrous button?

Thanks for your reviews guys. Clean is definately what i was going for.

Gameboy I didnt actually do anything to the harness But i wish i had thought of it. The Super Six is continuously running at the full 12 volts with its current set-up. Maybe you can point me to a thread that shows the Mod you mentioned...
I want to do some more mods today But I promised the Wife I would work on the lawn. Do you guys think painting the fake motor cover with some Chrome,metalic or typical engine color paints would make it look cool?

JOSE'

YELLOW GAUCHO GRANDE

YAMAHA RAPTOR

Go to Top of Page

swhenrik

Pengilly
MN
USA

4067 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2008 :  07:59:15  Show Profile  Visit swhenrik's Homepage
There are 2 options for adding high/low switches.
1. Install a high/low switch, which will have high and low in forward and reverse.
2. Install a PW all-in-one high/low forward/reverse lever, that will eliminate high speed reverse.

And, 2 options on wiring them in.
1. High/low switch switches the batteries between parallel and series, leaves the motors in parallel.
2. High/low switch switches the motors between parallel and series, leaves the batteries in series.

- With the all-in one shifter, you can do either option above.
- With a seperate high/low switch, you can wire it to have high and low in forward and reverse, or wire it up like PW did on the older dual batteries PW's to run on only one battery in reverse.

See The Definitive "Wiring diagram" thread

Side note.... I bet Gameboy is trying to beat me to the punch. But's he's gonna try to do it with no words or less.

Projects: Jeep, Bigfoot, Lil' Quad, Dora Quad, Dirt Grinder, Nascar, Intro, Ultimate Gaucho
Go to Top of Page

gameboy

just north of austin
tx
USA

4796 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2008 :  08:12:52  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by swhenrik

Side note.... I bet Gameboy is trying to beat me to the punch. But's he's gonna try to do it with no words or less.

nope, you totally hosed me on this one with the 10sec. refresh.

plus you say it all so much better, with more words

but the way i did mine was to use an old jeep harness with the high low feature since i had one lying around i didnt have to do the rewire mod.

Edited by - gameboy on 04/02/2008 08:20:31
Go to Top of Page

swhenrik

Pengilly
MN
USA

4067 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2008 :  08:15:43  Show Profile  Visit swhenrik's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by gameboy

plus you say it all so much better. with more words
Why use 20 words when 400 will do?

Projects: Jeep, Bigfoot, Lil' Quad, Dora Quad, Dirt Grinder, Nascar, Intro, Ultimate Gaucho
Go to Top of Page

BonnerBB
Senior Modder

Houston
Texas
USA

2225 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2008 :  19:52:49  Show Profile  Visit BonnerBB's Homepage  Send BonnerBB a Yahoo! Message
You guys crack me up...

Thanks,
Bonner

NOTICE: I am not on MPW as much as I used to be!! PM me if you have questions about any of my threads!!!
I especially would love a PM from you if you did a project of your own similar to one of mine!!!

PWMOT Hijack Prevention Thread
Introduction and Collection
Video's of Projects
Modding Projects Pages
Cool Tools and Resources
What is PWMOT.org
Go to Top of Page

BLButler08

Carlsbad
CA
USA

2 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2008 :  21:10:10  Show Profile
Thanks guys I will try it out

Brandon Butler
Go to Top of Page

khaos08
Journeyman Modder

USA

179 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2008 :  08:46:09  Show Profile
That is extremely clean and there is no evidence at all of the modification... Wish my 24v conversion was going to look that clean, but there is no room for 2 12v batteries... I commend you on the effort,thought, and ingenuity of your mod.
Go to Top of Page

Grunchy
Journeyman Modder

Calgary
Alberta
Canada

146 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2008 :  21:33:53  Show Profile
How little is that truck anyway, would a 5-year old fit in it or would that be pushing it?

I see various sites have these for $229 & I dunno, that is a pretty nice mod!

I'm doing the super 6V mod on the lamborghini to have low/high switch that guarantees low speed in reverse -- I have the wires & connectors & the switch & may as well.
Go to Top of Page

josebarrera

Panama
Florida
USA

47 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2008 :  23:01:41  Show Profile  Visit josebarrera's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Grunchy
How little is that truck anyway, would a 5-year old fit in it or would that be pushing it?

I see various sites have these for $229 & I dunno, that is a pretty nice mod!

Thanks for the compliment Grunchy. This F150 is actually for 2-6 Yr Olds and MAX weight of 65lbs but i would say 2-4 really. My Boy is 2 and only weighs 23lbs so it Fishtails even in grass and spins tire like crazy on the driveway.
Its only about 100.00 At Tiger Imports Super 6 F-150

This is the one I belive you are thinking about:

Monster Traction Ford F150 STX Ages: 2-6 Years
Maximum Weight: 130 lbs

If your Kid is Five Yrs old I would recommend the Monster traction ford Hands Down.
Other wise you can do what TECNICOLOCO did and Modify it so the seat is furtherback--->2006 Ford F-150 Modified in Mexico
Check it out ...He has PICS & Video....

JOSE'

YELLOW GAUCHO GRANDE

YAMAHA RAPTOR

Go to Top of Page

Grunchy
Journeyman Modder

Calgary
Alberta
Canada

146 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2008 :  11:06:37  Show Profile
Heh, I wish I could buy from tiger imports, they have terrific deals but cannot ship to Canada -- I think greyhound cannot transport freight across the border (too much hassle).

Nope, the one I was thinking of was on kidswheels.com, which includes free shipping, even to Canada!
http://kidswheels.com/6-Volt-Easy-Drive-Kids-Ride-on-Toys/Ford-F-150-by-Fisher-Price-Power-Wheels.html

He just turned 5 & is growing, so I guess I should look on, however: awesome mod!!
Go to Top of Page

josebarrera

Panama
Florida
USA

47 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2008 :  16:01:05  Show Profile  Visit josebarrera's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Grunchy

Nope, the one I was thinking of was on kidswheels.com, which includes free shipping, even to Canada!

Do you have Wal-marts there? I am assuming you do since i have seen one in almost every corner of the world i have been too.....
Anyway, Walmart has them for 134.00

JOSE'

YELLOW GAUCHO GRANDE

YAMAHA RAPTOR

Go to Top of Page

sleepy23
Journeyman Modder

Maryville
TN

495 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2010 :  14:32:07  Show Profile
Bump from page 15 up to the top for a cool little sleeper.

Mustang GTR: http://www.modifiedpowerwheels.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=16343
F-150 Super Snake: http://www.modifiedpowerwheels.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=16824
F150 Raptor: http://www.modifiedpowerwheels.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=18071
Go to Top of Page

aztracks
Journeyman Modder

Chandler
Arizona
USA

118 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2010 :  23:29:31  Show Profile
I have a similar setup with my son's blue F-150. I thought about putting the motor and battery holder cover back, but I have to take mine out to charge them separately so I haven't been putting it back on.

Two things I noticed:

I am getting a little bit of tire rub on the second battery. Jose's installation looks very similar but maybe he has a tiny bit more clearance than me.

Two kids (~55 total) running for about 45 minutes in the grass and the wires were pretty hot afterwards- soft and rubbery. One kid ~35 lbs for over an hour and they were barely warm. I was surprised it made such a difference. The speed looked about the same.

F-150:
'94 Super Sound Jeep Sand Blaster : http://www.modifiedpowerwheels.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=17274
Go to Top of Page

sleepy23
Journeyman Modder

Maryville
TN

495 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2010 :  04:28:09  Show Profile
I am planning to do the same thing on our second truck when we get it. Gonna try to limit the mods to 12v and new rims.

Mustang GTR: http://www.modifiedpowerwheels.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=16343
F-150 Super Snake: http://www.modifiedpowerwheels.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=16824
F150 Raptor: http://www.modifiedpowerwheels.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=18071
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: