These forums are archived!
Please create a new account at our new forums here: http://forum.modifiedpowerwheels.com
ModifiedPowerWheels.com powerwheels upgrades, peg-perego and others very welcome

Specializing in Peg Perego and Power Wheels Parts and Machines
Udemy Course
Home | My Files | Profile | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | RSS allows you to view new posts anywhere!!
 All Forums
 Personal Stuff - Introductions, forsale, reviews!
 Introductions
 Any Modders in Houston?
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

BonnerBB
Senior Modder

Houston
Texas
USA

2225 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2008 :  16:51:09  Show Profile  Visit BonnerBB's Homepage  Send BonnerBB a Yahoo! Message
Hello everyone..

I have been following your forum sometime now but never made a post.

I have acquired quite a lineup of vehicles in the past year and a half.

I am looking for some modders in the Houston area so we can get our little ones together for some races.

Also - want to prove to my wife that I am not the only person that is crazy enough to modify their kids PW's.

I have a 3 1/2 year old that has already mastered the power slide in multiple vehicles. I am quite proud of him. He has a 2 year old brother that is driving some of the PW's - the other parents on the block are amazed at how young they are. The other 2 year old on the block is still pushing around his Tonka dump truck - while mine is driving circles around him on a full size KFX Ninja.

Here is my line up.

Here is my first one. Free from neighbor Ninja - upgraded to 18 volts - stipped the gears in the first 20 minutes because I was stupid enough to put my fat but on it to try it out too. The kids loved it while it lasted! I tried to fix it - but it would have cost more to fix it than replacing it with a good ebay/craigslist/garage sale find.
Spent too much time trying to find a new gear...

This Ninja was our replacement for the above Ninja that I stripped the gears on above. This one still runs great at 18 volts - never had a problem with it. I am very adamant about not letting the heavier kids in the neighborhood ride it for obvious reasons. Both of my kids love this one even now that the tires are disintegrating.

This Beetle is a $11.00 Ebay find - Converted from 6 volt to 12 volts
Tires don't have very good grip and is only 1 wheel drive.
Kids like it but it gets stuck easily if taken off the sidewalk.

This was a gift from the grandparents. It is definetly not the favorite. I upgraded it to 18 volts temporarily and it will go over about anything modded or unmodded. At 18volt speeds I was afraid that he would knock down a tree or break someone's legs. I will reserve this beast to be modded for when he gets a little older. At regular speeds he has NO interest in it anymore. It is too heavy to make do powerslides even when at 18volts.

This one is cool looking - steering radius isn't the greatest therefore is is hard to get to powerslide with 18 volts.

So far this is the latest and now the favorite $21.00 eBay find. It is a 6 volt Jeep. Upgraded it to 12 volts and it ROCKS... 18 volts is even better but the 3 1/2 year old can do a killer power slide at 12 volts so I left it there. I figure when he gets bored of the 12 - I can always reinterest him with a little more power! I think this is a great Jeep - because it is a one seater - so it is light. Both rear wheels have power to them. And man will it go!!!

When I can figure out how to upload a video - I will show you the powerslide he is perfecting.

If there are any Houstonians out there - give me a shout! Well organize a race or two...

Any questions, comments, or suggestions about my PW's would be appreciated...

Take Care,

B-

Edited by - BonnerBB on 02/16/2008 20:31:18

BonnerBB
Senior Modder

Houston
Texas
USA

2225 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2008 :  17:03:28  Show Profile  Visit BonnerBB's Homepage  Send BonnerBB a Yahoo! Message
Here is that video I told you about.

Jeep at 6 volts...

Jeep at 18 volts... Check out the power slide.. This is my boys favorite so far!!!

Edited by - BonnerBB on 06/18/2008 22:17:32
Go to Top of Page

PeskeyX4
Journeyman Modder

Far West Suburbs
IL
USA

465 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2008 :  06:39:58  Show Profile
That is a nice little collection you have started BonnerBB!
I see that you are now addicted to this wonderful hobby like the rest of us here on MPW! Welcome and hope to see more from you soon!

Hooked on Power Wheelin'
Go to Top of Page

BonnerBB
Senior Modder

Houston
Texas
USA

2225 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2008 :  15:05:36  Show Profile  Visit BonnerBB's Homepage  Send BonnerBB a Yahoo! Message
Link to Jake and John in the Pictures of your kids riding section!
http://www.modifiedpowerwheels.com/forum/topic.asp?whichpage=5&TOPIC_ID=2674#35928

Thanks,
Bonner

NOTICE: I am not on MPW as much as I used to be!! PM me if you have questions about any of my threads!!!
I especially would love a PM from you if you did a project of your own similar to one of mine!!!

PWMOT Hijack Prevention Thread
Introduction and Collection
Video's of Projects
Modding Projects Pages
Cool Tools and Resources
What is PWMOT.org
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: