These forums are archived!
Please create a new account at our new forums here: http://forum.modifiedpowerwheels.com
ModifiedPowerWheels.com powerwheels upgrades, peg-perego and others very welcome

Specializing in Peg Perego and Power Wheels Parts and Machines
Home | My Files | Profile | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | RSS allows you to view new posts anywhere!!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Modifications by Category
 Motors/Gearing/Drivetrain
 Just bought new motors
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

JUSTINCASE
Journeyman Modder

Providence
RI

121 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2008 :  12:52:28  Show Profile  Visit JUSTINCASE's Homepage  Send JUSTINCASE a Yahoo! Message
I just purchased new motors for my project. will i need new gears to put on the motor of can i use the stock ones?(car is question is a Dune beetle)

motors in question (thanks to Gameboy for the link)

http://www.allelectronics.com/cgi-bin/item/DCM-267/400/DC_MOTOR,_3-24_VDC_.html

www.yarrowsport.com

Edited by - JUSTINCASE on 01/14/2008 13:45:23

gameboy

just north of austin
tx
USA

4796 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2008 :  13:03:01  Show Profile
if you can get the old ones off then you should be able to use them, problem is i cant rembeber which glue to use, i bet swherick knows. hint hint, nudge nudge...

if you do need new ones then you should be able to get them here:http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXXF65&P=7

"free is always better"
Go to Top of Page

swhenrik

Pengilly
MN
USA

4067 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2008 :  10:48:03  Show Profile  Visit swhenrik's Homepage
Removal per Treebeme's method is to cut the motor shaft between the motor can and pinion, put it ON TOP OF a vice, and use a punch to push the old motor shaft out.

Red Loctite is what I've been recommending. I've yet to have anyone come back and say for sure if it worked or not, but that's what I'd try first. Get the parts VERY clean, put a single drop on the center of the pinion, push the pinion on quickly, wipe off all excess (don't get ANY on the motor front bearing) and then let it sit for 24 hours before trying it.

The pic may be deceiving, but are there chips out of the tips of the teeth on that pinion? If yes, I'd get new ones from www.towerhobbies.com 32 pitch, "Traxxas" or "Robinson Racing" brand, and the correct number of teeth that you need.

Projects: Jeep, Bigfoot, Lil' Quad, Dora Quad, Dirt Grinder, Nascar, Intro, Ultimate Gaucho

Edited by - swhenrik on 01/15/2008 13:16:34
Go to Top of Page

Timmy5Liter
Journeyman Modder

northern
oklahoma
USA

185 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2008 :  12:02:21  Show Profile
don't forget to put the white spacer on before the pinion.. :) sry i thought i'd better speak up an tell 'em.

1 GraveDigger
2 Yellow Hummer H2's
1 AfterShock
1 Escalade
1 Nascar #24
1 Nascar #8
2 wranglers
1 JD power pull tractor
1 Dream Dazzler (lol)

I too have been ran over by a PW...
Go to Top of Page

JUSTINCASE
Journeyman Modder

Providence
RI

121 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2008 :  18:02:17  Show Profile  Visit JUSTINCASE's Homepage  Send JUSTINCASE a Yahoo! Message
quote:
Originally posted by swhenrik

The pic may be deceiving, but are there chips out of the tips of the teeth on that pinion? If yes, I'd get new ones from www.towerhobbies.com 32 pitch, "Traxxas" or "Robinson Racing" brand, and the correct number of teeth that you need.

actually i didnt check them that well

www.yarrowsport.com

Edited by - JUSTINCASE on 01/22/2008 22:47:43
Go to Top of Page

JUSTINCASE
Journeyman Modder

Providence
RI

121 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2008 :  12:04:00  Show Profile  Visit JUSTINCASE's Homepage  Send JUSTINCASE a Yahoo! Message
So I couldnt get the old pinion off and prettymuch destroyed the motors trying

just ordered new pinion from Tower Hobbies

www.yarrowsport.com

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: