These forums are archived!
Please create a new account at our new forums here: http://forum.modifiedpowerwheels.com
ModifiedPowerWheels.com powerwheels upgrades, peg-perego and others very welcome

Specializing in Peg Perego and Power Wheels Parts and Machines
Home | My Files | Profile | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | RSS allows you to view new posts anywhere!!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Discussion
 Read This First (FAQ's)
 Battery Mods-DONT'S
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic   

chopper

Illinois
USA

1228 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2006 :  13:28:46  Show Profile  Visit chopper's Homepage  Click to see chopper's MSN Messenger address
Do NOT, on two battery PW's (i.e. older pw's with 2 6volt batteries), cut the connectors off and splice the two positives together and the two negatives together!! This will create short! If you wish to switch to one battery, you must either leave out the speed selector switch alltogether, or rewire putting the motors in series/parallel.

**note** The speed selector switches on the older PW's with two batteries, puts the batteries in parallel in low speed and series for high speed. The newer PW's put the motors in series/parallel to change speeds.

Please correct me if any of this is wrong info. Thanks.

Edited by - chopper on 07/27/2006 20:02:38

TiddlerRacer
Senior Modder

Adrian
MI
USA

1849 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2006 :  14:27:51  Show Profile
Your note about older PW batteries is wrong. Older PW DO NOT run off one battery in low speed. In low speed, at least on older two battery Jeeps, Bigfoot trucks, and two battery quads the selector switch places the batteries in parallel in low and series in high. It is not a one battery low, both battery high. I have verified this on 4 different two battery wiring harnesses that I have, two from Jeeps, one from a Bigfoot, and one from a two battery quad.

This is very important this misinformation isn't out there because some guys are trying to put a 6V battery on one connector and a 12V battery on the other connector. In low speed, with these two batteries in parallel it is like putting a 12V charger on a 6V battery. Melted wiring, fire, and battery explosion are all possible.

****Testing the limits of Fisher Price engineering on a daily basis.****
Go to Top of Page

chopper

Illinois
USA

1228 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2006 :  19:51:34  Show Profile  Visit chopper's Homepage  Click to see chopper's MSN Messenger address
http://www.batteryuniversity.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic   
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: