These forums are archived!
Please create a new account at our new forums here: http://forum.modifiedpowerwheels.com
ModifiedPowerWheels.com powerwheels upgrades, peg-perego and others very welcome

Specializing in Peg Perego and Power Wheels Parts and Machines
Udemy Course
Home | My Files | Profile | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | RSS allows you to view new posts anywhere!!
 All Forums
 Personal Stuff - Introductions, forsale, reviews!
 Projects Pages! (blogs?)
 Jeep Wrangler build-up
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

swhenrik

Pengilly
MN
USA

4067 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2008 :  07:51:13  Show Profile  Visit swhenrik's Homepage
A couple minor updates...

The shock absorber on the throttle pedal doesn't work too well in the cold. If it's below 40 degrees, it's definitely slow to come up, if it comes all the way up at all. Some thinner oil or a stiffer spring might help. Also seems the pot is a bit stiff in the cold. Not sure why that would be, it's dry as far as I know. Maybe some thinner oil on the shaft and in the bearings in the gearbox would help.

The Jeep tires don't work too well in the snow. Plus it's only 2wd and motors in series to compound the problem. I still haven't gotten up the courage to hack up that front axle to make it 4wd, even though I have the gearboxes ready to go.

So, between the 2 problems above, it's a summer only vehicle. The Bigfoot is the vehicle of choice for winter driving!

Projects: Jeep, Bigfoot, Lil' Quad, Dora Quad, Dirt Grinder, Nascar, Intro, Ultimate Gaucho
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: