These forums are archived!
Please create a new account at our new forums here: http://forum.modifiedpowerwheels.com
ModifiedPowerWheels.com powerwheels upgrades, peg-perego and others very welcome

Specializing in Peg Perego and Power Wheels Parts and Machines
Home | My Files | Profile | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | RSS allows you to view new posts anywhere!!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Discussion
 Read This First (FAQ's)
 FAQ - How to post a pic and resize it too.
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

gameboy

just north of austin
tx
USA

4796 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2007 :  21:38:44  Show Profile
Posting a pic::

Starting with an image on your computer. Open "my computer" or "Windows explorer"
Right click on the picture file it will read "open with" then highlight that and choose "Paint."

In Paint, choose "image". In the drop down menu pick "stretch/skew"
The image size will pop up. Change the value to about 33%. That works for me and my picture size, you may have to adjust for yours.
You will need to change the percentage values ONLY in the Stretch section and keep them equal, meaning if you change the 1st value to 33 then the 2nd value has to be 33 too, to keep it proportional.
Then all you need to do is save it.

You may have to do this more than once to get the correct size you need, but once you figure the correct values then it should be the same for all the rest.

Here is a pic of the screen you need:

Also if you have your camera set at its lowest picture setting that helps too. Mine won't take a pic less than 1024x786 so I set it there and take the pic quality setting down to the lowest setting too. Once the pic is taken, i still have to go into paint and resize. Sometimes i take the values down 50% and others down only 20% of the origanal pic size. so once you find out what size you have to start with, start playing from there.

"free is always better"

Edited by - gameboy on 04/25/2009 00:08:31

swhenrik

Pengilly
MN
USA

4067 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2007 :  09:03:40  Show Profile  Visit swhenrik's Homepage
Here's my addition... I try to never post a pic larger then 640x480.
If it's any wider then that, everyone has to scroll right to left to read all the text. It sucks!

Also, Jasncab occasionally runs a program that goes through and resizes all the pics if they are larger then that. So even if you want a large image for some reason, it won't stay that large anyway.

- In paint, click on "image" then "atributes" and it will tell you the pixel size. Commonly 1024x768 or 640x480, etc.

Whatever the first number is (1024 for example), take 640 divided by that number. 640/1024 is 0.625

You need to move the decimal place over 2 positions, so it would be 62.5, but it has to be just two numbers long, so round it down to 62%. Use that number in the "stretch" box for percentage. This is an example, you need to calculate your own size.

When done, ALWAYS save as a JPG image. That will knock the file size way down compared to a BMP. Newer versions of paint have that option. Click on "File", then "Save As", and under where you type the file name is a box called "Save as type". Click it and select the ones that says:
"JPEG(*.JPG;*.JPEG;*.JPE;*.JFIF)"

Edited by - swhenrik on 11/19/2007 13:35:27
Go to Top of Page

swhenrik

Pengilly
MN
USA

4067 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2007 :  13:35:15  Show Profile  Visit swhenrik's Homepage
Next step.... actually posting a picture.

You have to "host" the picture on a web server somewhere, whether it's photobucket or a personal website, etc. You can't link to a pic on your personal computer. Wherever you host, be aware of the length of time it will stay up on that site. Even Photobucket drops pics off their system after some amount of time. And if that happens, no one will be able to see your pictures anymore.

A better option, is uploading pictures here. When you are typing a new post, there's a link right below where you are typing with a paper clip and says "Attach a file!" Click on that and follow the directions. Once you upload a picture that way, it automatically gets linked into your post.

If you uploaded your picture on a different server, or you want to show YOUR picture again in an additional post, or you want to show someone else's picture in your post, this is what you do:

- Right click on their picture, and choose "properties."

- Hightlight the file name with the mouse, and make sure to include the entire address including the JPG (sometimes it's long and will "Scroll" as you are highlighting.)

- Right click on it and select "copy".

- In a post, insert your "IMG" tags by clicking on the button on the toolbar above where you are typing that says "Insert Image".

- With the cursor (for typing, not the mouse pointer) between the IMG tags, select paste (Control-V or right click and paste, etc)

You are done.
Go to Top of Page

swhenrik

Pengilly
MN
USA

4067 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2007 :  13:36:52  Show Profile  Visit swhenrik's Homepage
If you ever want to review the pictures that you have posted in the past, in the upper right hand corner is a link for My Files
If you click on it, will show all your previous pics. Click on each one to see a full size version of it.

Edited by - swhenrik on 04/29/2008 11:54:57
Go to Top of Page

BonnerBB
Senior Modder

Houston
Texas
USA

2225 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2008 :  11:47:19  Show Profile  Visit BonnerBB's Homepage  Send BonnerBB a Yahoo! Message
For image resizing - if you have Windows XP operating software I use a free Microsoft XP Power Tools program called Image Resize.

It will allow you to right click on any image or multiple images and choose a size to convert them to! Very easy to use.

You can download it here (only for Windows XP users though): http://download.microsoft.com/download/whistler/Install/2/WXP/EN-US/ImageResizerPowertoySetup.exe

Edited by - swhenrik on 04/29/2008 11:55:18
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: