These forums are archived!
Please create a new account at our new forums here: http://forum.modifiedpowerwheels.com
ModifiedPowerWheels.com powerwheels upgrades, peg-perego and others very welcome

Specializing in Peg Perego and Power Wheels Parts and Machines
Home | My Files | Profile | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | RSS allows you to view new posts anywhere!!
 All Forums
 Modifications by Category
 Batteries and Wiring
 LED Wiring
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Raun31

Alabama
USA

30 Posts

Posted - 12/27/2010 :  06:17:21  Show Profile
i have two lighted rocker switch (three prong) and i would like to run one seperate light with each switch how would i go by runing the wires from the battery to the switch and lights a diagram will be helpful thanks

pizzasnob

North Wales
PA
USA

27 Posts

Posted - 12/27/2010 :  09:48:22  Show Profile
Funny that you asked this as I am in the middle of the same project.

Each rocker as three prongs. (I got mine from Radio Shack) Power, Load, and Ground. Run a red wire from your battery or positive side terminal block to the Power Prong on the switch. Run the Red positive side of the LED to the LOAD Prong on the switch. Run both ground and black side of LED back to negative side of battery or negative side of terminal block.

You said you wanted each light on a seperate rocker but if they are headlight sI suggest you use only one rocker and save the other for fog ligths or tail lights or somethign else.

For usign both lights on one rocker, you can wire together like wires for both lights so that there are fewer runs. I.E. Tie BOTH black together for both LED's. Tie both reds together for both LED's. Run a SINGLE red and black to the places I indicated above. I am not an expert but that is what I did and it worked. What LED's are you using? What kind of vehicle?

Edited by - pizzasnob on 12/27/2010 09:50:35
Go to Top of Page

Raun31

Alabama
USA

30 Posts

Posted - 12/27/2010 :  10:02:20  Show Profile
hey thanks for the info i have two switches one for the headlights and another for the side marker lights
Go to Top of Page

Raun31

Alabama
USA

30 Posts

Posted - 12/27/2010 :  10:03:47  Show Profile
and i have the prewired led from ebay to go on the barbie job i modified
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: