These forums are archived!
Please create a new account at our new forums here: http://forum.modifiedpowerwheels.com
ModifiedPowerWheels.com powerwheels upgrades, peg-perego and others very welcome

Specializing in Peg Perego and Power Wheels Parts and Machines
Udemy Course
Home | My Files | Profile | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | RSS allows you to view new posts anywhere!!
 All Forums
 Modifications by Category
 Pimp it out
 How to wire LEDs to 12volt stock battery?
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

pizzasnob

North Wales
PA
USA

27 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2010 :  19:23:21  Show Profile
I would by very grateful if someone could post some pics of how they wired their controllers and LED's back to the main battery. I have seen some folks run their led's off (2)6 volt lantern batteries but I prefer to reserve that space for a secondary 12 volt battery in the event the main dies in the field. I bought an automatovie light up rocker switch, mini alligator clips, 30 AMP fuses, 30 AMP fuse holder, wire (14 and 20 gauge) but am unsure how I will attempt to do this. I am thinking run my supeflux LED (head lights) to the rocker switch then direct to the battery. Then run (12 3 light LED sets) to their controllers then back to the battery. I may splice the wire on the car side (not battery) after the connectors and then add a fuse and tie everything together. Just not sure how to make this neat and practical yet. Any ideas?

Also, what gauge wire should I be using in line between my battery and my contollers? How about from battery to rocker switch?

Thanks in advance. Pics to come in a week!

bajajim

Gulfport
MS
USA

3 Posts

Posted - 12/22/2010 :  20:47:34  Show Profile
I'm with you. I bought the 6 volt Lightning Mcqueen for my son. I now made it a 12 volt to go faster, but would like to add some LED's to it. Not sure if fuses, resister's, etc are needed or can this just be wired up from the battery through a switch. Been looking all over this thing for a lighting diagram but can't seem to find anything.
Go to Top of Page

CJB
Senior Modder

Lino Lakes
MN
USA

1589 Posts

Posted - 12/22/2010 :  21:07:52  Show Profile  Visit CJB's Homepage
If my diagram did not spell it out for you plain and simple, I don't know what else you could be looking for. Someone to come do it FOR you?

And further more, we do not appreciate multiple posts of the same topic.

EDIT: Sorry. That sounded kind of harsh. Carry on.

12V Lil Jeep; 24v Race Car Project (abandoned); Red Wrangler (WIP);18v Police Silverado
Polaris 2X ; Polaris 700; Xtreme Machine ; 12v Super 6 Firerock
Gaucho Grande; Tinkerbell Ninja; 12v S6 Trail Rider; Brute Force 24v

Edited by - CJB on 12/22/2010 22:11:38
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: