These forums are archived!
Please create a new account at our new forums here: http://forum.modifiedpowerwheels.com
ModifiedPowerWheels.com powerwheels upgrades, peg-perego and others very welcome

Specializing in Peg Perego and Power Wheels Parts and Machines
Udemy Course
Home | My Files | Profile | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | RSS allows you to view new posts anywhere!!
 All Forums
 Personal Stuff - Introductions, forsale, reviews!
 Introductions
 New from CO
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dchd1130

littleton
CO
USA

2 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2010 :  10:24:41  Show Profile
Whats up everybody. So Im in the middle of a project. I had no idea modding PWs was so popular. My project will be finished today, and I jumped only and did a search for gas powered powerwheels and this site came up. I have a few power equipment shops, so I have a huge background in gas powered stuff. Ive got less then $150 into this project. The only thing I bought was Tires, sprockets, and chains. Every thing else was junk laying around the shop. I used a 31cc honda engine off of a FG100 tiller that had a junk gear box. And a 3 speed transmission out of a Toro lawnmower. The drive train is all one plate that can be removed quite easily. It fits under the seat. The body sits about 3" higher then it did stock. I kept the original steering. Put larger axles on it to fit the bearings I had. I will have to modify the front end at some point. I dont for see it holding up to well. Other then that, its a pretty nice set up. I got it all together Friday and tested it out, as best I could. All seemed good so I tore it back down and painted the metal frame and transmission. I will put it all back together, and test it again today. With the 3 speeds I can start them out slow and move it up as they get older. The way it is geared, it should do about 12 mph in 3rd gear. So not overly fast.

The next 2 pictures are of the drive train early on. I didnt have the brake setup on yet. It now has a single disc brake that is mounted to one of the hubs.

dchd1130

littleton
CO
USA

2 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2010 :  10:37:33  Show Profile
Moved to new site http://forum.modifiedpowerwheels.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=83
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: