These forums are archived!
Please create a new account at our new forums here: http://forum.modifiedpowerwheels.com
ModifiedPowerWheels.com powerwheels upgrades, peg-perego and others very welcome

Specializing in Peg Perego and Power Wheels Parts and Machines
Udemy Course
Home | My Files | Profile | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | RSS allows you to view new posts anywhere!!
 All Forums
 Modifications by Category
 Motors/Gearing/Drivetrain
 What is the best gear grease/lube you have found?
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

rcevolution

San Antonio
FL
USA

15 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2010 :  15:23:17  Show Profile
I finally received my HPI 550's, nit just waiting on batterys from Gruber.

I am cleaning up the gearboxes in my nephews F150 Monster Traction and i want to know what grease is best and how much and where to lube. I have searched all over but still didnt get the info im looking for.

I mixed the factory grease with a lithium based grease i have and it got very sticky and it takes MORE force now to turn the gears. So im going to clean them with hot water and some simple green.

Again just want to know from ppl who have experience what grease has worked best and how much to apply inside gerbox. Thanks!!!

Taz11
Advanced Modder

Bloomsbury (08804)
NJ

3739 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2010 :  15:55:12  Show Profile
I have had good luck with Mobil 1 synthetic grease.

It is normal for the gears to turn tighter after regreasing. This wil go away after the first minute or two. The grease will redistribute as the gears spin.

I fill all the gears with grease up to the top of the teeth.

Drive it like you stole it!........out of somebody's garbage!
Go to Top of Page

rcevolution

San Antonio
FL
USA

15 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2010 :  16:45:00  Show Profile
Thanks Taz. Wow so you fill it up with greaseup to the top of the teeth? Thats alot of grease... Doesnt the grease actually touching the teeth slow it down alot?

Edited by - rcevolution on 12/15/2010 16:49:12
Go to Top of Page

outlawdragradial
Journeyman Modder

Georgetown
ky
USA

192 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2010 :  03:29:40  Show Profile
I use a moly white grease that is thin like pudding, Its little expensive but last forever in the robots at work
Go to Top of Page

Taz11
Advanced Modder

Bloomsbury (08804)
NJ

3739 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2010 :  03:58:03  Show Profile
It will slow it down for a short time, The excess will sling off very quickly. If you hook it to a battery while you have the GB out you will hear it change.

Drive it like you stole it!........out of somebody's garbage!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: