These forums are archived!
Please create a new account at our new forums here: http://forum.modifiedpowerwheels.com
ModifiedPowerWheels.com powerwheels upgrades, peg-perego and others very welcome

Specializing in Peg Perego and Power Wheels Parts and Machines
Udemy Course
Home | My Files | Profile | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | RSS allows you to view new posts anywhere!!
 All Forums
 Personal Stuff - Introductions, forsale, reviews!
 Projects Pages! (blogs?)
 Peg Perego HD700 Pedal Power Build
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ccsurep
Apprentice Modder

New Haven
C T
USA

60 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2010 :  00:13:14  Show Profile
Okay, so I'm on to the next project now, it all started while my son was watching a "Mighty Machines" dvd, seeing how much he liked the tractors and trucks, I decided to get going on this one. While driving down the street a few months back I saw this Pedal Power Peg Perego HD700 Excavator in a trash pile, so I said... hmmm why not, its been sitting in the garage for a while. It was in pretty good shape, needed new tires though, but still usable. I decided to motorize it, I took the wiring harness and 19t gearboxes and motors from an old PW Jeep and away I went. I also happened to find another HD700 with like brand new tires and bucket ... sooo now I have spare parts FOR FREE.

Here is a picture of what it looks like stock, I have to say, it is well made, the steering is great.

65.55 KB

I took it apart and added the motors and gearboxes, shifter.

56.66 KB

53.08 KB

With the pedals and chain removed I fabricated some foot pedals out of aluminum and corner brackets.

46.91 KB

42.76 KB

I then mounted them to the sides of the tractor

53.63 KB

71.92 KB

After some quick test wiring and a 14v cordless drill battery we were ready for a test, and wow this thing flies.
ps... please don't mind my audio, i was very excited lol

Now its time to start upgrading this thing a little more, I got rid of the fake sticker gauges and put in a voltmeter and amp meter.

56.12 KB

48.19 KB

And now to turn this ordinary dozer into a "mighty machine", In getting it ready for the winter, son loves daddy's tractor with the snow plow so I figured I would make him one too. I have this push plow laying around so i figure i'll put it to use with a little modification.

60.72 KB

I know some say plowing with a PW won't work, but its for fun anyway, I was looking at videos of little remote control trucks plowing snow, and thought why not, The tires on this thing have good grip, for an inch of light fluffy snow i think it may work. Well thats all I have for now, udates to come.

Edited by - ccsurep on 12/07/2010 00:53:56

Divinar

San Jose 95123
CA
USA

3057 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2010 :  08:04:14  Show Profile
Nice job!
You may need more weight over the drive wheels for plowing - but that shouldn't be difficult to do. Make a detachable battery pack!

Escalade (Rubber tires, LED lights, Key switch, Remote Kill, wings. Wings?)
Lil Wrangler (2WD, 12v, Lights), Dora Jeep (Super-6 @ 12v, lights), Jeep Enforcer turned Aftershock (18v, WIP),
Grape Gaucho A151 (24v, scooter controller, WIP)
KFX Quad (Remote Kill), Crushmeister! (Silverado), Limited Edition Jeep (Stock)
Kawasaki Mojave 250 (Stock), PP Gator (Lights), Home Depot Loader, Lightning McQueen (Stock)
Go to Top of Page

Taz11
Advanced Modder

Bloomsbury (08804)
NJ

3739 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2010 :  08:41:47  Show Profile
Exellent! I have the same tractor and have been planning this same Idea. I also plan to add #3 gearboxes up front to make it 4wd.

You could take your worn tires and wrap them with some rubber floor mat. I think you could push some wet snow then.......I'll get you a link to the stuff I'm refering to.

This thread covers the floor mats....
http://www.modifiedpowerwheels.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=13583&whichpage=2

Great job!!!

Divinar.....Exellent idea on the battery pack!

Drive it like you stole it!........out of somebody's garbage!

Edited by - Taz11 on 12/07/2010 08:53:40
Go to Top of Page

ccsurep
Apprentice Modder

New Haven
C T
USA

60 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2010 :  12:12:31  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Taz11

Exellent! I have the same tractor and have been planning this same Idea. I also plan to add #3 gearboxes up front to make it 4wd.

You could take your worn tires and wrap them with some rubber floor mat. I think you could push some wet snow then.......I'll get you a link to the stuff I'm refering to.

This thread covers the floor mats....
http://www.modifiedpowerwheels.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=13583&whichpage=2

Great job!!!

Divinar.....Exellent idea on the battery pack!

Thanks Taz11 and Divinar for your ideas, they are both great. Taz11 you seem to be the king of 4wd I never thought about it before due to the different size wheels, I hope you get started soon.
Side note, I was impressed about how strong this plastic frame is, I'm 6'1" 200lbs ...(and some change ) and I sat on this thing and was able to drive around, It was a funny sight though, but fun.

Edited by - ccsurep on 12/09/2010 10:12:46
Go to Top of Page

Taz11
Advanced Modder

Bloomsbury (08804)
NJ

3739 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2010 :  12:18:46  Show Profile
I haven't done the math yet.....I'm hoping a 16t #7 in the rear and a 3A in the front will be close.

I'll start a thread when I get that far.

Go to Top of Page

AUSSIE DARREN
Journeyman Modder

BRISBANE
QLD
Australia

374 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2010 :  14:07:23  Show Profile
That looks great I'm surprised how fast it goes on 14v seems fasted than some cars on 18v. I was also thinking of changing over a peddal tractor to battery power maybe a future project.

"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain."
Go to Top of Page

Taz11
Advanced Modder

Bloomsbury (08804)
NJ

3739 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2010 :  16:48:44  Show Profile
I DID THE MATH......if you should choose to take on the challenge.

Stock motors at 12 volts

Front wheels
3A...4.25 MPH
3B...3.87 MPH

Rear wheels
15t #7...4.16 MPH (rare GB)
16t #7...4.45 MPH

Looks like the 3A with a 15t is the best option....but the 3A and a 16t should be close enough to work.

Go to Top of Page

jparthum
Senior Modder

(77627) Nederland
Texas
USA

2272 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2010 :  18:58:36  Show Profile
Alright ccsurep, now you're really making us look bad - and this is only your second project!?!

Awesome job!

...again

EDIT: I got pretty excited when it popped a wheelie too!!!

(pics link to threads)

Fast, Reliable, and Cheap... Pick any two.

Edited by - jparthum on 12/07/2010 19:01:13
Go to Top of Page

Divinar

San Jose 95123
CA
USA

3057 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2010 :  20:08:36  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by jparthum

I got pretty excited when it popped a wheelie too!!!

I hope you didn't "pop" your own wheelie - and if you did, don't tell me!

Escalade (Rubber tires, LED lights, Key switch, Remote Kill, wings. Wings?)
Lil Wrangler (2WD, 12v, Lights), Dora Jeep (Super-6 @ 12v, lights), Jeep Enforcer turned Aftershock (18v, WIP),
Grape Gaucho A151 (24v, scooter controller, WIP)
KFX Quad (Remote Kill), Crushmeister! (Silverado), Limited Edition Jeep (Stock)
Kawasaki Mojave 250 (Stock), PP Gator (Lights), Home Depot Loader, Lightning McQueen (Stock)
Go to Top of Page

gseric69

Red Lion
PA
USA

6315 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2010 :  20:25:37  Show Profile  Visit gseric69's Homepage
quote:

Alright ccsurep, now you're really making us look bad - and this is only your second project!?!

Looks like he's got plenty more to start on too. I even see a Gaucho lurking in the shadows there.

Nice work again for sure!

36V Peg Perego Apache - Project: Super Power Police Jeep, 18V Metal Frame Jeep - Project: Sarge
Dragon/Craftsman Pickup Hybrid (WIP), 18V John Deere Off Road 4x4 (Gaucho, SOLD!)
12V Lil Jeep, 18V Turbo Sun Jammer Jeep, 12V Super 6 F150 Blue Thunder,
18V Lightning McQueen & 12V Lightning McQueen w/Duratrax Motors (Sold)
18V Green & Blue Ninja Quads w/19T's, 18V Dora Quad with 21T's
12V Harley Bat Bike w/Duratrax Motors, 12V Pink Harley (Future Trike)
Future Builds: 12V Xtreme Machine, 12V PW Fire Truck, 6V Wild Thing Super 6 & Mach 5
RIP: 12V Super 6 Suzuki Quad w/Seperate Brake pedal (Decommissioned/Parted)
Go to Top of Page

jparthum
Senior Modder

(77627) Nederland
Texas
USA

2272 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2010 :  22:37:42  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Divinar

quote:

I got pretty excited when it popped a wheelie too!!!

I hope you didn't "pop" your own wheelie - and if you did, don't tell me!

(pics link to threads)

Fast, Reliable, and Cheap... Pick any two.
Go to Top of Page

ccsurep
Apprentice Modder

New Haven
C T
USA

60 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2010 :  22:38:18  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by gseric69

quote:

Looks like he's got plenty more to start on too. I even see a Gaucho lurking in the shadows there.

Nice work again for sure!

Aw man... you guys are too funny... Yeah I kept yelling for him to stop on the grass cause I wanted him to take off and pop another wheelie. Also in terms of the speed, that video was taken with the battery not even at a full charge. This thing was scary fast, but he handles it well, and can't wait for me to finish it. I'm goona aim to be all done in the coming week.
Also could use some help coming up with a lift mechanism for the plow, I was thinking of using the side handle off one of the buckets, but i don't think he'll be able to lift it. Also looked at an electric actuator but have only found ones that are way more than i need ie with 200lbs capacities and $100 price tags. I was looking for one that can lift 10-15lbs with probably about a 4-6" stroke.
The Gaucho grande in the background is gonna be on hold for a little while, still coming up with ideas for that one.
Go to Top of Page

ccsurep
Apprentice Modder

New Haven
C T
USA

60 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2010 :  13:47:19  Show Profile
update....

Added switches for lights, key switch headlight, strobes, taillights, Rollbar. I found that the Peg Perego John Deer Pedal tractor share a lot of the same parts. Tigerimports has lots of parts in stock for these but you have to look at the john deer model, thats how I found the roll bar.
I added led lights inside the rollbar light housings too.

wiring everything behind the dash.

74.74 KB

Got twin sixs under the hood.. lol

82.2 KB

Led flashers and relay for key switch

77.58 KB

Key switches and gauges lite up, switches for the head/tail lights and strobes.

71.78 KB

roll-bar taillights, of coarse once i had everything wired up, the taillight on the right decided not to work, will have to fix that tomorrow.

75.81 KB

Led head light

61.83 KB
Front Roll-Bar strobe lights

80.47 KB

Thats all for now. let me know what you think.
Go to Top of Page

ccsurep
Apprentice Modder

New Haven
C T
USA

60 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2010 :  03:24:23  Show Profile
a little video summary of everything done so far

Go to Top of Page

CJB
Senior Modder

Lino Lakes
MN
USA

1589 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2010 :  05:36:46  Show Profile  Visit CJB's Homepage
Excellent work! It's almost like it was built to be modded. Love it.

Now since you've proven your skill with trailers, I want to see a hay bale trailer or some sort of farm implement.

12V Lil Jeep; 24v Race Car Project (abandoned); Red Wrangler (WIP);18v Police Silverado
Polaris 2X ; Polaris 700; Xtreme Machine ; 12v Super 6 Firerock
Gaucho Grande; Tinkerbell Ninja; 12v S6 Trail Rider; Brute Force 24v
Go to Top of Page

ccsurep
Apprentice Modder

New Haven
C T
USA

60 Posts

Posted - 12/27/2010 :  00:27:45  Show Profile
update, get the tractor ready for snow. After struggling with weight and trying to track down materials I broke down and purchased a kids snow plow made by kettler, with a little modification to the tractor i got it on. Here are the results.

73.29 KB

76.98 KB

66.21 KB

67.62 KB

70.85 KB

64.75 KB

54.25 KB

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: