These forums are archived!
Please create a new account at our new forums here: http://forum.modifiedpowerwheels.com
ModifiedPowerWheels.com powerwheels upgrades, peg-perego and others very welcome

Specializing in Peg Perego and Power Wheels Parts and Machines
Udemy Course
Home | My Files | Profile | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | RSS allows you to view new posts anywhere!!
 All Forums
 Modifications by Category
 Pimp it out
 need a amp for radio????
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

CA snakes

escondido
california
USA

20 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2010 :  14:39:12  Show Profile
I am on stage 2 or 3 of my build. the Elmomoble that started as a barbie jeep. Looking to add a amp to the thing. I have an idea but need to find a AMP. Any ideas on a mini amp small enough to fit under the seat without to much weight??? doesnt have to be really big in wattage. needs to be small in size. thanks to all that reply.

HGBrunnemer

new whiteland
indiana
USA

36 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2010 :  14:42:35  Show Profile
Just about every I.c.e. amp maker has small amps designed to push mids n highs. U will def need another battery..
Go to Top of Page

jparthum
Senior Modder

(77627) Nederland
Texas
USA

2272 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2010 :  18:46:27  Show Profile
Have you considered amplified computer speakers? They are fairly cheap, small, and would include an amp and matched speakers. You may be able to find a 2.1 set that's small enough to hide the sub-woofer/amp box, so you would only need to tear the satellite speaker enclosures open and mount those speakers somewhere.

(pics link to threads)

Fast, Reliable, and Cheap... Pick any two.
Go to Top of Page

wrencher
Journeyman Modder

New Kensington
Pennsylvania
USA

292 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2010 :  18:52:21  Show Profile
what about an eq with a boost button..(amped eq)you can buy the starting at like $25 and up..just depends on what brand and what power..

Edited by - wrencher on 11/20/2010 18:55:53
Go to Top of Page

HGBrunnemer

new whiteland
indiana
USA

36 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2010 :  22:39:03  Show Profile
An eq really isn't much of a power up. Will help dial n the sound quality, not that there will be much quality being n a powerwheel wich will hold the accustics about as well as a concrete wall
Go to Top of Page

wrencher
Journeyman Modder

New Kensington
Pennsylvania
USA

292 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2010 :  04:14:48  Show Profile
they realy do work to boost the power...as long as they are amped or boosted..i have used them and they do work..just don't get just an eq,,make sure it has boost(amp) a 12db boost really works...here is a link to a few...http://www.thefind.com/instruments/info-band-amplified-equalizer
Go to Top of Page

CA snakes

escondido
california
USA

20 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2010 :  10:30:01  Show Profile
well I already have it mostly set up my mids and highs are great now i am going for the lows heres a few pic there are 6.5s on the back of the seat, 4-tweeters under the dash, and i have a 8in sub under the seat but it is not yet in a box. the jeep runs on its own battery while the radio runs on another i might add another but not sure just yet may even just cahnge it out.
i have done more since this pic was taken but that gives an idea of what this machine looks like
Go to Top of Page

Divinar

San Jose 95123
CA
USA

3057 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2010 :  17:01:05  Show Profile
Wow - Is that real Muppet fur?

Escalade (Rubber tires, LED lights, Key switch, Remote Kill, wings. Wings?)
Lil Wrangler (2WD, 12v, Lights), Dora Jeep (Super-6 @ 12v, lights), Jeep Enforcer turned Aftershock (18v, WIP),
Grape Gaucho A151 (24v, scooter controller, WIP)
KFX Quad (Remote Kill), Crushmeister! (Silverado), Limited Edition Jeep (Stock)
Kawasaki Mojave 250 (Stock), PP Gator (Lights), Home Depot Loader, Lightning McQueen (Stock)
Go to Top of Page

Dongskie
Journeyman Modder

Manila
Philippines

380 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2010 :  17:24:39  Show Profile  Visit Dongskie's Homepage  Click to see Dongskie's MSN Messenger address  Send Dongskie a Yahoo! Message
omg... lol what happened to Elmo?

Go to Top of Page

defensivewound
Expert Modder

marysville
wa
USA

558 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2010 :  17:26:21  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Divinar

Wow - Is that real Muppet fur?

Are you serious Divinar?? Everyone knows real Muppets went extinct with leprechauns and unicorns.

Hummer H2http://www.modifiedpowerwheels.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=14341
Mustang http://www.modifiedpowerwheels.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=13851
Mustang Project 2 http://www.modifiedpowerwheels.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=14695
Mustang 3- ROUSH http://www.modifiedpowerwheels.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=20516
Go to Top of Page

Divinar

San Jose 95123
CA
USA

3057 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2010 :  18:17:09  Show Profile
My wife asked if that was "Drive-me-Elmo"?

Escalade (Rubber tires, LED lights, Key switch, Remote Kill, wings. Wings?)
Lil Wrangler (2WD, 12v, Lights), Dora Jeep (Super-6 @ 12v, lights), Jeep Enforcer turned Aftershock (18v, WIP),
Grape Gaucho A151 (24v, scooter controller, WIP)
KFX Quad (Remote Kill), Crushmeister! (Silverado), Limited Edition Jeep (Stock)
Kawasaki Mojave 250 (Stock), PP Gator (Lights), Home Depot Loader, Lightning McQueen (Stock)
Go to Top of Page

CA snakes

escondido
california
USA

20 Posts

Posted - 11/24/2010 :  17:43:31  Show Profile
well as for Elmo he is now on the seat as you can see. the muppets are not dead yet you have to look hard and humt in just the right places. there is about 3in. of foam padding under the fur for some great padding and a comfy seat. If you want to call it a Drive-me-Elmo go ahead. cant wait to get the 4 wheeler so i can make them match and gotta make a trailer to pull it. thats what my daughter is getting for Xmas

Edited by - CA snakes on 11/24/2010 17:44:16
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: