These forums are archived!
Please create a new account at our new forums here: http://forum.modifiedpowerwheels.com
ModifiedPowerWheels.com powerwheels upgrades, peg-perego and others very welcome

Specializing in Peg Perego and Power Wheels Parts and Machines
Udemy Course
Home | My Files | Profile | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | RSS allows you to view new posts anywhere!!
 All Forums
 Personal Stuff - Introductions, forsale, reviews!
 Introductions
 newbie from ohio
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

rowan798

powell
ohio

5 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2010 :  19:28:56  Show Profile
Hi all! Just pick up a big Jake from Craigslist for $30. The battery is dead but I have the charger. I've been reading about everyone modding theirs to a 12 v. We want to keep it a 6v since its for a 3 year old. Can I just wire in a standard 6v or what. Also where do I pick up a battery? Thanks for the help!
Jen

Miami Hurricane
Journeyman Modder

Coral Springs
Florida
USA

199 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2010 :  14:28:00  Show Profile
Hi Jen,

I'm kinda new here too and I don't have any personal experience using aftermarket batteries (batteries not made by the toy manufacturer, so I wouldn't be the best person to answer your question. I'm not sure what you mean by "standard 6v", but I believe that you could use an aftermarket battery -- as long as it is a sealed lead acid battery. Those batteries have a breaker or fuse attached to them. Your best bet is to post your question in the Battery and Wiring forum.

Jeep Hurricane - Blue
Jeep Hurricane - Green
Cat Skid Steer Loader
Peg Perego John Deere Buck (18v)
Go to Top of Page

samsmoore

USA

16 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2010 :  21:36:15  Show Profile
There's a battery store in the Walmart shopping center off 23 in your neck of the woods. If you're handy you can cut the plug off your dead battery, buy some crimpable connectors from just about anywhere, and use a non-PW battery. If you don't want to mess with it, you can get a straight replacement there as well.

Big Jake will fly on 12v when your youngster is ready
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: