These forums are archived!
Please create a new account at our new forums here: http://forum.modifiedpowerwheels.com
ModifiedPowerWheels.com powerwheels upgrades, peg-perego and others very welcome

Specializing in Peg Perego and Power Wheels Parts and Machines
Udemy Course
Home | My Files | Profile | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | RSS allows you to view new posts anywhere!!
 All Forums
 Personal Stuff - Introductions, forsale, reviews!
 Projects Pages! (blogs?)
 chozian's Super 6 PW CAT Tough Loader
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

chozian
Expert Modder

Meridianville
AL (35759)
USA

631 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2010 :  18:55:26  Show Profile  Visit chozian's Homepage

Today I traded my 12V PW Chevy Silverado 1500 for the Super 6 CAT Tough Loader shown below. I'm really happy with this trade. I upgraded the Tough Loader to 12V. This thing flies now. My son is really enjoying the unique way it turns with the two levers. I really like that it is rear steer. I haven't seen another PW like it yet. It was about a 40 minute round trip, but definitely worth it. This one is a keeper. It is my new personal favorite. I'll definitely be posting a video of this on 12V very soon.

Chris Hozian

"We may one day have both fame and fortune, and learn that neither is basic for true success and complete happiness." ~The New Era, August 1989, pages 4-5.

12V PW Lightning McQueen @ 18V :: 12V PW Red Harley-Davidson Motorcycle @ 18V :: 12V Peg Jeep Apache @ 18V :: Super 6 PW CAT Tough Loader @ 12V :: Super 6 PW Firerock Jeep Wrangler @ 12V :: Super 6 PW Ford F-150 @ 12V :: 6V PW Dora Get Set Go-Kart @ 12V :: 6V Rand Spider-Man Lil Quad @ 12V :: 6V PW Dora Lil Quad (Sold) :: 12V Dumar Yamaha Raptor 660R Quad :: Super 6 PW Barbie Trail Rider Quad :: 12V Yellow Peg John Deere Worksite Gator :: 12V Green Peg John Deere Worksite Gator :: 12V PW Classic Chrome Harley-Davidson Motorcycle (Sold) :: 12V Little Tikes Hummer H2 (Sold) :: 12V PW Ford Mustang :: 12V PW Chevy Silverado 1500 (Traded) :: 12V PW Barbie Cruisin' Tunes Jeep :: 6V PW Barbie Blitz Lil Wrangler 4x4 Jeep :: 6V PW Hot Wheels Lil Wrangler 4x4 Jeep (Sold)

hypo21
Journeyman Modder

Bangor
PA
USA

477 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2010 :  19:00:55  Show Profile  Send hypo21 a Yahoo! Message
Hey, congrats Chris!! This Is def on my want list. I saw one on 12v at Taz's house and it moved. I think it is good for the kids to learn the lat steer concept. Especially since I have a zero turn mower... Will pay off for me in the future LOL

congrats though man.
New to all...
Projects: Black Jeep Enforcer & Old Red Wrangler
Posted from Mobile Site
Go to Top of Page

jparthum
Senior Modder

(77627) Nederland
Texas
USA

2272 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2010 :  20:26:30  Show Profile
Alright, you got it! Congrats chozian!

(pics link to threads)

Fast, Reliable, and Cheap... Pick any two.
Go to Top of Page

TerryInLeesburg
Journeyman Modder

Leesburg
VA
USA

133 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2010 :  05:39:45  Show Profile
Very cool.
What mods are you planing?

Any way to motorize the bucket?

Just learning...
Go to Top of Page

chozian
Expert Modder

Meridianville
AL (35759)
USA

631 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2010 :  07:16:28  Show Profile  Visit chozian's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by TerryInLeesburg

Very cool.
What mods are you planing?

Any way to motorize the bucket?

Thanks! I didn't really have any plans for other mods. I would like to paint it the stock colors though. My son doesn't seem to care so much about the bucket. It seems to get in the way more than anything. I think I am going to find a way to fasten the bucket so that it stays up higher. It digs into the ground and stops the vehicle when he goes down a slight slope. I could see the whole vehicle flipping over if he was going fast enough.

Chris Hozian

"We may one day have both fame and fortune, and learn that neither is basic for true success and complete happiness." ~The New Era, August 1989, pages 4-5.

12V PW Lightning McQueen @ 18V :: 12V PW Red Harley-Davidson Motorcycle @ 18V :: 12V Peg Jeep Apache @ 18V :: Super 6 PW CAT Tough Loader @ 12V :: Super 6 PW Firerock Jeep Wrangler @ 12V :: Super 6 PW Ford F-150 @ 12V :: 6V PW Dora Get Set Go-Kart @ 12V :: 6V Rand Spider-Man Lil Quad @ 12V :: 6V PW Dora Lil Quad (Sold) :: 12V Dumar Yamaha Raptor 660R Quad :: Super 6 PW Barbie Trail Rider Quad :: 12V Yellow Peg John Deere Worksite Gator :: 12V Green Peg John Deere Worksite Gator :: 12V PW Classic Chrome Harley-Davidson Motorcycle (Sold) :: 12V Little Tikes Hummer H2 (Sold) :: 12V PW Ford Mustang :: 12V PW Chevy Silverado 1500 (Traded) :: 12V PW Barbie Cruisin' Tunes Jeep :: 6V PW Barbie Blitz Lil Wrangler 4x4 Jeep :: 6V PW Hot Wheels Lil Wrangler 4x4 Jeep (Sold)

Edited by - chozian on 11/11/2010 07:25:58
Go to Top of Page

chozian
Expert Modder

Meridianville
AL (35759)
USA

631 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2010 :  08:09:32  Show Profile  Visit chozian's Homepage

I forgot to mention that reverse is not working on this vehicle. The forward/reverse switch is extremely dirty. I've disassembled it and placed it in a small glass jar of 91% isopropyl alcohol. I'll let it sit for 24 hours, brush the pieces off, let it sit for another 24 hours, then reassemble it. I hope that will fix it.

Chris Hozian

Go to Top of Page

zipperhead

Stow
MA
USA

30 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2010 :  10:45:02  Show Profile  Click to see zipperhead's MSN Messenger address  Send zipperhead a Yahoo! Message
These are awesome, my son loves his, he cant wait to plow snow once it flies. First thins was definately 12v and WOW it really moves, I am adding a back up alarm and most likely an old jeep shifter, on 12v it goes way to fast in reverse. Looking into automobile power seat motors to make the bucket a little more workable, at least so it dump. Just got a b-line on a $5 CAT dump truck to make the construction team complete.

Fleet
- CAT Skid Steer
- Deer Front-End Loader w/Trailor
- Escalade
- Corvette (2 Seater)
- Corvette (1 Seater)
- Lamborgini
- Hummer H2
- John Deere Tractor
- Gaucho Rockin'
- VW Bug (1 Seater)
- Chevy Z71
- Yamaha ATV
- Solstice
- Indian Motorcycle
Go to Top of Page

Miami Hurricane
Journeyman Modder

Coral Springs
Florida
USA

199 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2010 :  14:23:21  Show Profile
I found one of these on CL a couple weeks ago. The kids really liked it at first, but I think the novelty has worn off a little because they're back to primarily riding their hurricanes. Although, I picked up a Kawasaki Ninja KFX the other day for my neighbor's kid and now the entire block seems to want to ride on that.

Jeep Hurricane - Blue
Jeep Hurricane - Green
Cat Skid Steer Loader
Peg Perego John Deere Buck (18v)
Go to Top of Page

chozian
Expert Modder

Meridianville
AL (35759)
USA

631 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2010 :  14:26:36  Show Profile  Visit chozian's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Miami Hurricane

I found one of these on CL a couple weeks ago. The kids really liked it at first, but I think the novelty has worn off a little because they're back to primarily riding their hurricanes. Although, I picked up a Kawasaki Ninja KFX the other day for my neighbor's kid and now the entire block seems to want to ride on that.

Did you bump it from 6V to 12V? It makes a huge difference.

If my kids get tired of it, then I'll consider selling it for a good bit on craigslist since it seems to be in high demand.

Chris Hozian

Edited by - chozian on 11/12/2010 14:27:07
Go to Top of Page

chozian
Expert Modder

Meridianville
AL (35759)
USA

631 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2010 :  10:24:12  Show Profile  Visit chozian's Homepage
After cleaning the forward/reverse switch, now reverse works great. I took the kids out in the neighborhood to ride around in their Power Wheels this morning. My son has really got the hang of steering the Tough Loader now. I'm impressed. I forgot to bring something to record a video. Hopefully I'll be able to get a video of him riding it on 12V early this week.

Chris Hozian

Go to Top of Page

hotwheel80
Journeyman Modder

festus
mo
USA

131 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2010 :  18:22:41  Show Profile
Awesome find! I got mine off of Craigslist also but I got this, a Harley, and an Aftershock all for free! I couldn't believe the woman didn't want anything for them! I just need to find a couple parts for it but it seems like finding parts for these are next to impossible!!

49.25 KB

Barbie Jeep Custom http://www.modifiedpowerwheels.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=20390
Mustang http://www.modifiedpowerwheels.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=21287
Kawasaki KFX http://www.modifiedpowerwheels.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=20909
Go to Top of Page

chozian
Expert Modder

Meridianville
AL (35759)
USA

631 Posts

Posted - 12/23/2010 :  16:23:30  Show Profile  Visit chozian's Homepage
All new posts to this project will be made at http://forum.modifiedpowerwheels.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=148.

Chris Hozian

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: