These forums are archived!
Please create a new account at our new forums here: http://forum.modifiedpowerwheels.com
ModifiedPowerWheels.com powerwheels upgrades, peg-perego and others very welcome

Specializing in Peg Perego and Power Wheels Parts and Machines
Udemy Course
Home | My Files | Profile | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | RSS allows you to view new posts anywhere!!
 All Forums
 Modifications by Category
 Pimp it out
 Skid Steer - Back up Alarm
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

zipperhead

Stow
MA
USA

30 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2010 :  10:47:43  Show Profile  Click to see zipperhead's MSN Messenger address  Send zipperhead a Yahoo! Message
Been searching around and cannot find anyone that did this. Got my son a CAT Skid Steer and had a buddy give me a back up alarm from an actual Skid Steer and wanted to wire it into the PW. Figured I could steal power off of the reverse switch but wanted to see if anyone else has done this.

Fleet
- CAT Skid Steer
- Deer Front-End Loader w/Trailor
- Escalade
- Corvette (2 Seater)
- Corvette (1 Seater)
- Lamborgini
- Hummer H2
- John Deere Tractor
- Gaucho Rockin'
- VW Bug (1 Seater)
- Chevy Z71
- Yamaha ATV
- Solstice
- Indian Motorcycle

jparthum
Senior Modder

(77627) Nederland
Texas
USA

2272 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2010 :  13:25:01  Show Profile
No, but that sounds like a good mod!

How many wires does the backup alarm have?

(pics link to threads)

Fast, Reliable, and Cheap... Pick any two.
Go to Top of Page

zipperhead

Stow
MA
USA

30 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2010 :  13:27:42  Show Profile  Click to see zipperhead's MSN Messenger address  Send zipperhead a Yahoo! Message
Just has a positive and a negative. I orginally thought would use the negative off of the switch, but...now I am thinking just use the positive, I just might slow the machine down when he is in reversa and on 12v.

Fleet
- CAT Skid Steer
- Escalade
- Corvette (2 Seater)
- Corvette (1 Seater)
- Lamborgini
- Hummer H2
- John Deere Tractor
- Gaucho Rockin'
- VW Bug (1 Seater)
- Chevy Z71
- Yamaha ATV
- Solstice
- Indian Motorcycle
Go to Top of Page

jparthum
Senior Modder

(77627) Nederland
Texas
USA

2272 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2010 :  15:34:19  Show Profile
I'm not familiar with how those skid steer's are wired, but it seems like they would have two 'reverse' switches...? If so, then maybe you could either: Get positive from one and negative from the other, so that both would need to be in reverse to beep; Or get one negative (or positive) from both, so if either is in reverse it would beep?

(pics link to threads)

Fast, Reliable, and Cheap... Pick any two.

Edited by - jparthum on 11/08/2010 15:35:21
Go to Top of Page

zipperhead

Stow
MA
USA

30 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2010 :  06:23:44  Show Profile  Click to see zipperhead's MSN Messenger address  Send zipperhead a Yahoo! Message
Luckily, i think it is a super 6 with a single fwd/rvs switch. You have definately got to get your hands on one of these, rear wheel drive, rear wheel steering, levered steering, no steering wheel. My son LOVES it.

55.11 KB

51.76 KB

My next project it to make the bucket open more, currently only lifts about 6 inches off the ground, my son is planning on digging in the snow with it this winter and it needs to be able to dump. A guy at work made a good sugestion of using the parts from a power seat to move the bucket around. We will see.

Fleet
- CAT Skid Steer
- Escalade
- Corvette (2 Seater)
- Corvette (1 Seater)
- Lamborgini
- Hummer H2
- John Deere Tractor
- Gaucho Rockin'
- VW Bug (1 Seater)
- Chevy Z71
- Yamaha ATV
- Solstice
- Indian Motorcycle
Go to Top of Page

chozian
Expert Modder

Meridianville
AL (35759)
USA

631 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2010 :  13:02:43  Show Profile  Visit chozian's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by zipperhead

Luckily, i think it is a super 6 with a single fwd/rvs switch. You have definately got to get your hands on one of these, rear wheel drive, rear wheel steering, levered steering, no steering wheel. My son LOVES it.

My next project it to make the bucket open more, currently only lifts about 6 inches off the ground, my son is planning on digging in the snow with it this winter and it needs to be able to dump. A guy at work made a good sugestion of using the parts from a power seat to move the bucket around. We will see.

If things work out, I'll be getting one of those tomorrow for either $20 or trade for my Chevy Silverado 1500. I'm pretty excited about it.

Chris Hozian

"We may one day have both fame and fortune, and learn that neither is basic for true success and complete happiness." ~The New Era, August 1989, pages 4-5.

12V PW Lightning McQueen @ 18V :: 12V PW Red Harley-Davidson Motorcycle @ 18V :: 12V Peg Jeep Apache @ 18V :: Super 6 PW CAT Tough Loader @ 12V :: Super 6 PW Firerock Jeep Wrangler @ 12V :: Super 6 PW Ford F-150 @ 12V :: 6V PW Dora Get Set Go-Kart @ 12V :: 6V Rand Spider-Man Lil Quad @ 12V :: 6V PW Dora Lil Quad (Sold) :: 12V Dumar Yamaha Raptor 660R Quad :: Super 6 PW Barbie Trail Rider Quad :: 12V Yellow Peg John Deere Worksite Gator :: 12V Green Peg John Deere Worksite Gator :: 12V PW Classic Chrome Harley-Davidson Motorcycle (Sold) :: 12V Little Tikes Hummer H2 (Sold) :: 12V PW Ford Mustang :: 12V PW Chevy Silverado 1500 (Traded) :: 12V PW Barbie Cruisin' Tunes Jeep :: 6V PW Barbie Blitz Lil Wrangler 4x4 Jeep :: 6V PW Hot Wheels Lil Wrangler 4x4 Jeep (Sold)
Go to Top of Page

MustangFreak
Senior Modder

San Antonio
Texas
USA

1221 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2010 :  08:02:45  Show Profile  Visit MustangFreak's Homepage  Send MustangFreak a Yahoo! Message
I had one of those for a while, my son learned how to drive it when he was 2 (kids pick up things quick!) but he didnt like it that much. They sure do fly on 12v though!

I'm not an addict, addicts have the potential to quit.
Go to Top of Page

clearwater501

austin
mn
USA

22 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2010 :  19:30:28  Show Profile
yes i put a back-up alarm on my daughters i tapped in right off the motor leads.I used a diode to only allow flow in one direction as not to burn anything up. Works like a charm. Note: I placed a off switch in line so that i could turn the darn thing off after hearing it for hours on end.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: