These forums are archived!
Please create a new account at our new forums here: http://forum.modifiedpowerwheels.com
ModifiedPowerWheels.com powerwheels upgrades, peg-perego and others very welcome

Specializing in Peg Perego and Power Wheels Parts and Machines
Udemy Course
Home | My Files | Profile | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | RSS allows you to view new posts anywhere!!
 All Forums
 Modifications by Category
 Motors/Gearing/Drivetrain
 Titan 550
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

gs355

Fernandina
Florida
USA

2 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2010 :  16:54:49  Show Profile
Guys, First of all, I'm new to modding of power wheels but not to speed and racing. I've read over the FAQ's and haven't seen an answer to my questions. First what is the differnece between a 21 turn motor and a 23 turn motor. Second how many rpms do the titan 550's 21 turn. I plan on using them on my lttle girls barbie jeep. What pinion do I need if she has a 19t gear box. I plan on stepping up to 18 or 24 volts and using heatsinks with fans. Any advice would be great and answers.

Thanks GS355

timmbo23
Journeyman Modder

104 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2010 :  13:53:42  Show Profile
The RPM is really not an issue, you should either buy 2 Titan 21T or 2 HPI GT550's. If you purchase the Titans, buy one regular rotation, and one with reverse rotation.

If you have a 19t gear box, you need a 19t / 32pitch pinion. I would suggest 18v with that set-up.

PW Ford F150 (2-Seat) - 18v / Dual HPI GT 550 Motors / LED Headlights
PW Kawasaki Ninja KFX - 18v / Dual HPI GT 550 Motors / LED Headlights
Go to Top of Page

gs355

Fernandina
Florida
USA

2 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2010 :  14:36:40  Show Profile
Thanks for the response. Thats the exact set up I went with. I ordered all my stuff monday from hobbymasters.

GS355
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: