These forums are archived!
Please create a new account at our new forums here: http://forum.modifiedpowerwheels.com
ModifiedPowerWheels.com powerwheels upgrades, peg-perego and others very welcome

Specializing in Peg Perego and Power Wheels Parts and Machines
Udemy Course
Home | My Files | Profile | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | RSS allows you to view new posts anywhere!!
 All Forums
 Modifications by Category
 Motors/Gearing/Drivetrain
 Suspension
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

phmaximus

9 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2010 :  03:28:23  Show Profile
Hey Guys here is my kidys beast, its a jeep???? ive converted it to 12v & sometimes 24v Ive made it 4wheel drive for extra torque & cut out the auto brake. Im still fine tuning the setup, some day might make it brushless :) but in the mean time Ive been looking into how much it would cost to give it inderpendant suspension, the more i look at it the eayser it looks. so over then next year i might see what i can do.

My idear is to use the shocks/spring from a 50cc mini pocket atv only around $10 each & make a Tri-link strut configuration for the front & rear. Should be able to bolt some steel to the chassis floor & use that for the trailing arm piviot mount, bolt shocks to existing chassis fram & would just need to work out something for the links to bolt to, shouldent be to hard just might take a while designing it. The steering is going to be tricky part, its going to need inner & outer tie rods

well here are some pics to show my thoughts

phmaximus

9 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2010 :  03:32:53  Show Profile
oh & plan to use some pneumatic wheels
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: