These forums are archived!
Please create a new account at our new forums here: http://forum.modifiedpowerwheels.com
ModifiedPowerWheels.com powerwheels upgrades, peg-perego and others very welcome

Specializing in Peg Perego and Power Wheels Parts and Machines
Udemy Course
Home | My Files | Profile | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | RSS allows you to view new posts anywhere!!
 All Forums
 Personal Stuff - Introductions, forsale, reviews!
 Projects Pages! (blogs?)
 chozian's 6V PW Dora Get Set Go-Kart
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

chozian
Expert Modder

Meridianville
AL (35759)
USA

631 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2010 :  10:16:02  Show Profile  Visit chozian's Homepage
My wife picked up this 6V PW Dora Get Set Go-Kart from a place called Kid's Market a couple weeks ago for $25 with working charger and battery. I finally got around to upgrading it to 12V last week for my daughter. She really likes it. I used 2 of the blue PW 6V 4.5Ah batteries wired in series for 12V. The last pic shows where I had to dremel out the plastic on the rear driver's side to fit the second battery. I have the two rear covers, but chose not to reinstall them. I hope to post a video soon.

Chris Hozian

"We may one day have both fame and fortune, and learn that neither is basic for true success and complete happiness." ~The New Era, August 1989, pages 4-5.

12V PW Lightning McQueen @ 18V :: 12V PW Red Harley-Davidson Motorcycle @ 18V :: 12V Peg Jeep Apache @ 18V :: Super 6 PW CAT Tough Loader @ 12V :: Super 6 PW Firerock Jeep Wrangler @ 12V :: Super 6 PW Ford F-150 @ 12V :: 6V PW Dora Get Set Go-Kart @ 12V :: 6V Rand Spider-Man Lil Quad @ 12V :: 6V PW Dora Lil Quad (Sold) :: 12V Dumar Yamaha Raptor 660R Quad :: Super 6 PW Barbie Trail Rider Quad :: 12V Yellow Peg John Deere Worksite Gator :: 12V Green Peg John Deere Worksite Gator :: 12V PW Classic Chrome Harley-Davidson Motorcycle (Sold) :: 12V Little Tikes Hummer H2 (Sold) :: 12V PW Ford Mustang :: 12V PW Chevy Silverado 1500 (Traded) :: 12V PW Barbie Cruisin' Tunes Jeep :: 6V PW Barbie Blitz Lil Wrangler 4x4 Jeep :: 6V PW Hot Wheels Lil Wrangler 4x4 Jeep (Sold)

Edited by - chozian on 10/27/2010 11:05:13

blake711
Advanced Modder

Skiatook
OK
USA

2622 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2010 :  15:27:51  Show Profile
Nice work man. I just detest the dora colors. Let us know how it rolls on 12v.

Please sign up at new version of forum at http://forum.modifiedpowerwheels.com/
complexity is the enemy of reliability
Go to Top of Page

jparthum
Senior Modder

(77627) Nederland
Texas
USA

2272 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2010 :  17:03:19  Show Profile
Those seem to be really stout little cars with a descent turning radius for having a live axle. Will rides his all the time @12V on grass with no issues.

(pics link to threads)

Fast, Reliable, and Cheap... Pick any two.
Go to Top of Page

chozian
Expert Modder

Meridianville
AL (35759)
USA

631 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2010 :  09:16:36  Show Profile  Visit chozian's Homepage

Yeah, I'm not a fan of the colors either, but my daughter likes it. So, that's really all that matters to me. I'm more concerned with performance than cosmetics anyway. My wife is the opposite. I hope to have some time this Friday or Saturday to make a video of my daughter riding it. My son is almost too big to fit in it now.

My daughter briefly rode it through the grass the other day. I too was surprised how well it handles off road.

Chris Hozian

"We may one day have both fame and fortune, and learn that neither is basic for true success and complete happiness." ~The New Era, August 1989, pages 4-5.

12V PW Lightning McQueen @ 18V :: 12V PW Red Harley-Davidson Motorcycle @ 18V :: 12V Peg Jeep Apache @ 18V :: Super 6 PW CAT Tough Loader @ 12V :: Super 6 PW Firerock Jeep Wrangler @ 12V :: Super 6 PW Ford F-150 @ 12V :: 6V PW Dora Get Set Go-Kart @ 12V :: 6V Rand Spider-Man Lil Quad @ 12V :: 6V PW Dora Lil Quad (Sold) :: 12V Dumar Yamaha Raptor 660R Quad :: Super 6 PW Barbie Trail Rider Quad :: 12V Yellow Peg John Deere Worksite Gator :: 12V Green Peg John Deere Worksite Gator :: 12V PW Classic Chrome Harley-Davidson Motorcycle (Sold) :: 12V Little Tikes Hummer H2 (Sold) :: 12V PW Ford Mustang :: 12V PW Chevy Silverado 1500 (Traded) :: 12V PW Barbie Cruisin' Tunes Jeep :: 6V PW Barbie Blitz Lil Wrangler 4x4 Jeep :: 6V PW Hot Wheels Lil Wrangler 4x4 Jeep (Sold)
Go to Top of Page

Taz11
Advanced Modder

Bloomsbury (08804)
NJ

3739 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2010 :  10:30:37  Show Profile
I have the blue version. It's been on 12 volts for a while now. My son still rides it at 5. I'm thinking of going 18volt before I retire it.

I'll let you know how it works out

Pretty clean work you did on the trimmin'. Thats kind of a tight spot.

Drive it like you stole it!........out of somebody's garbage!
Go to Top of Page

Modmom32
Expert Modder

Cookeville
Tennessee
USA

830 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2010 :  11:40:19  Show Profile  Visit Modmom32's Homepage
suggestion, add foot pedal and move acc button to it, turn button into hi gear and add a reverse button to steering wheel. this was a big selling point on mine, I sold it as soon as it b4 I got done..lol

*arctic Shark snowmobile (beng modified again, scooter) but works!
*indianaJones Harley *desert bike *desert Challenger street bike *saftey 1st Chopper *SF viper*Herbie fully loaded via remote 12v....18v if lucky *gravedigger *mx350 *john deer tractor( still his favorite) *blue flame bigfoot *A151 * qty 2 twin 700* mx3 trike n 2 powerrider nascars (DALE SR n used to be #24 now General Lee) SOLD> 12v herbie
AMY
Go to Top of Page

chozian
Expert Modder

Meridianville
AL (35759)
USA

631 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2010 :  12:54:44  Show Profile  Visit chozian's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Modmom32

suggestion, add foot pedal and move acc button to it, turn button into hi gear and add a reverse button to steering wheel. this was a big selling point on mine, I sold it as soon as it b4 I got done..lol

Good idea. My daughter seemed to get tired of holding down the acceleration button. A well positioned foot pedal would probably be a lot easier for her.

Chris Hozian

Go to Top of Page

thebigdoghimself
Journeyman Modder

romeoville
il
USA

102 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2010 :  17:38:21  Show Profile
That's a cute ride for a girl and you can't beat $25 when you get a battery and charger with it.

My little one had a 6v Diego quad that I converted to 12v and even after 2 years the thing still runs great. I keep it around for when someone with younger kids comes over.

I also agree that a gas pedal would make it a lot easier for her to drive.

I added rubber from a tube to the wheels of mine since it was starting to scratch up the wood floor. (at that age they are light enough to where it doesn't stress the gearbox out that much)
Go to Top of Page

chozian
Expert Modder

Meridianville
AL (35759)
USA

631 Posts

Posted - 12/23/2010 :  16:29:30  Show Profile  Visit chozian's Homepage
All new posts for this project will be made at http://forum.modifiedpowerwheels.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=150.

Chris Hozian

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: