These forums are archived!
Please create a new account at our new forums here: http://forum.modifiedpowerwheels.com
ModifiedPowerWheels.com powerwheels upgrades, peg-perego and others very welcome

Specializing in Peg Perego and Power Wheels Parts and Machines
Udemy Course
Home | My Files | Profile | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | RSS allows you to view new posts anywhere!!
 All Forums
 Modifications by Category
 Motors/Gearing/Drivetrain
 replacement plastic gears
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

lawfirmgwc

Hewitt
TX
USA

3 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2010 :  22:48:58  Show Profile  Visit lawfirmgwc's Homepage
Does anyone sell the replacement plastic gears (not the whole gearbox... just the internal gears)? Or is there a way to buy metal upgrades? My son has the blue Jeep Wrangler (I think it is the 2008 or 2009 model) and somehow he stripped the right rear wheel plastic gear that connects to the metal gear on the motor (it is the topmost gear in the photo). All I have found online are a few full gearboxes (but they don't appear to be the same one) and replacement motors (mine work fine), but no one seems to sell the actual replacement gears. Power Wheels company doesn't seem to sell any parts.
This seems so simple... buy a new gear and put it in... that it almost screams 'conspiracy' that one cannot purchase a gear anywhere... do they really expect us to buy a whole new Power Wheels vehicle every couple months?
Ideally I'd really like to upgrade it with metal because I see this happening over and over....

thank you!

89.56 KB

blake711
Advanced Modder

Skiatook
OK
USA

2622 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2010 :  07:18:09  Show Profile
Check out the Gearbox faq if you have any questions after reading that just post them up. http://www.modifiedpowerwheels.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2206

Please sign up at new version of forum at http://forum.modifiedpowerwheels.com/
complexity is the enemy of reliability
Go to Top of Page

hootienchyna
Advanced Modder

Ronkonkoma
New York 11779

2590 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2010 :  11:39:48  Show Profile  Visit hootienchyna's Homepage
i do carry used gearboxes cheap, if you dont see it just email me

visit www.mltoyz.com for used parts
Go to Top of Page

ms1120
Senior Modder

M-Town
Georgia
USA

1464 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2010 :  12:46:03  Show Profile
Metal would work except it would be expensive and noisey like a geardrive timing unit is in a hot rod. Hootie can hook you up. No aftermarket or factory sources for gears im afraid.

Fixing things that arent broken...and making them cool
Go to Top of Page

Taz11
Advanced Modder

Bloomsbury (08804)
NJ

3739 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2010 :  15:11:20  Show Profile
I may have one of those gears......Get me a tooth count just to make sure(those first gears should all be the same).

Drive it like you stole it!........out of somebody's garbage!
Go to Top of Page

lawfirmgwc

Hewitt
TX
USA

3 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2010 :  16:24:30  Show Profile  Visit lawfirmgwc's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Taz11

I may have one of those gears......Get me a tooth count just to make sure(those first gears should all be the same).

The gearbox has a "19" stamped on it.
Go to Top of Page

Taz11
Advanced Modder

Bloomsbury (08804)
NJ

3739 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2010 :  16:42:26  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by lawfirmgwc

quote:
Originally posted by Taz11

The gearbox has a "19" stamped on it.

That means that it has 19 tooth pinion. I was looking to confirm the tooth count on the gear that you need. The first gear in a #7 gearbox is almost always the same....just want to make sure.

Go to Top of Page

ms1120
Senior Modder

M-Town
Georgia
USA

1464 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2010 :  19:56:33  Show Profile
I may add though, if you have someone that can CNC machine the gears out of metal and keep them in an affordable range, I would love to have some that make that whine as they run. That would be awesome on something that was super quick.

Fixing things that arent broken...and making them cool
Go to Top of Page

TerryInLeesburg
Journeyman Modder

Leesburg
VA
USA

133 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2010 :  06:04:02  Show Profile
The sound of a supercharger!

Just learning...
Go to Top of Page

rltaylor001

4 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2010 :  16:22:21  Show Profile
just spent an hr looking for a replacement to the stripped top gear in my lil tikes hummer.. Confirmed on the gearbox thread that is a 72 tooth 32 pitch gear. Any one have one of these ?

Thanks much

RT
Go to Top of Page

Taz11
Advanced Modder

Bloomsbury (08804)
NJ

3739 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2010 :  03:24:04  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by rltaylor001

just spent an hr looking for a replacement to the stripped top gear in my lil tikes hummer.. Confirmed on the gearbox thread that is a 72 tooth 32 pitch gear. Any one have one of these ?

Thanks much

RT

This may help. http://www.modifiedpowerwheels.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=19804.
I should have the P/W gear.......just hve to drill it.

Go to Top of Page

rltaylor001

4 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2010 :  14:39:15  Show Profile
Dont have the #7 gearbox, only a pair of gearboxes from Peg Perego Gator. I'd be happy to purchase the Hummer gear. Can you email me details -
Thanks
rob@taylorinet.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: