These forums are archived!
Please create a new account at our new forums here: http://forum.modifiedpowerwheels.com
ModifiedPowerWheels.com powerwheels upgrades, peg-perego and others very welcome

Specializing in Peg Perego and Power Wheels Parts and Machines
Udemy Course
Home | My Files | Profile | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | RSS allows you to view new posts anywhere!!
 All Forums
 General Discussion
 General Discussion
 Suggestions for the FAQ's
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

swhenrik

Pengilly
MN
USA

4067 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2007 :  14:23:46  Show Profile  Visit swhenrik's Homepage
If anyone has any ideas of things that could be added to the FAQ's, please post it here. Links to parts, links to threads of interest on this site, etc.

Edited by - swhenrik on 06/26/2008 14:15:21

vwnutt

Deptford
NJ
USA

43 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2007 :  09:01:11  Show Profile
how about a glossary FAQ sticky.
for us newbies like what does SPDT mean? etc.

I have O.C.D.
Obsessive.Customizing. Disorder
Go to Top of Page

swhenrik

Pengilly
MN
USA

4067 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2007 :  09:14:19  Show Profile  Visit swhenrik's Homepage
Ah yes, a glossary of terms, acronyms, etc.... Any volunteers? Specific ones you want to know?

Poles and Throws.
"Pole" refers to individual switches.
"Throw" refers to number of different "on" positions.

SPST - Single Pole, Single Throw. A simple "on" or "off" switch, usually two terminals.

SPDT - Single Pole, Double Throw. A switch with two different "on" positions, usually a center off position, and 3 terminals. Center terminal is connected to one side in one "on" position, center wire connected to other side in other "on" position, not connected to anything in center position.

DPST - Double Pole, Single Throw. 2 completely seperate SPST (on/off) switches, combined into one housing, both move with one lever. Usually 4 terminals. "A" connects to "B" and "C" connects to "D". No internal connections otherwise, "A" never connects to "C" for example.

DPDT - Double Pole, Double Throw, 2 SPDT switches in one housing with one lever.

4PDT - Four SPDT switches in one, as an example.

Momentary - A switch can be spring loaded a few different ways. A SPDT for example, could be spring loaded to center, spring loaded to one position or the other, or just spring loaded to stay in one of the "on" positions (switch won't stay in "off" position).

If a switch doesn't say "spring loaded" or "momentary," it probably isn't spring loaded at all, you put it in a position and it stays there.

A typical PW throttle uses a momentary SPDT switch spring loaded to one "on" position, which connects the motors to the braking resistor. Pushing the pedal against the spring will go past the "off" position and to the other "on" position, connecting the motors to the battery.

A typical PW High/How or Forward/Reverse switch is a DPDT switch, with no "center off" position (spring loaded to not stay in the "off" position).

Edited by - swhenrik on 07/05/2007 09:23:00
Go to Top of Page

vwnutt

Deptford
NJ
USA

43 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2007 :  10:58:50  Show Profile
Nice, so now i've increased my knowledge.
maybe we can make this into a Q&A area, post the acronym or watever and someone will answer it. when we recieve enough we can put it into a sticky.

I have O.C.D.
Obsessive.Customizing. Disorder
Go to Top of Page

swhenrik

Pengilly
MN
USA

4067 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2007 :  11:05:07  Show Profile  Visit swhenrik's Homepage
That's kind of what this thread is for. We can just let this one grow, and add info somewhere else as we need to.
Go to Top of Page

droby1242
Apprentice Modder

waldorf
md
USA

54 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2008 :  20:58:58  Show Profile
i have a ? i just started trying to mod my daughters safety first vette. i took apart the shifter and it only had 4 prongs on the back. the front is a slider bar so i was woundering how to wire it. basically its a fwd high fwd low and reverse. i had to remove the circuit board on the car cause i was unable to increase the voltage. i do not know alot about elctric modifying. i work on hydraulics so this is all new to me.
Go to Top of Page

bdiamond
Apprentice Modder

Wichita Falls
Texas
USA

75 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2008 :  21:24:54  Show Profile
How about one with pictures of each model PW. I know it would be alot of pictures, but I have trouble figuring out whats what.
Go to Top of Page

gameboy

just north of austin
tx
USA

4796 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2008 :  21:29:10  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by bdiamond

How about one with pictures of each model PW. I know it would be alot of pictures, but I have trouble figuring out whats what.

here is the link to all the power wheels made.

http://service.mattel.com/us/results.aspx?Ntt=power+wheel&N=4294967289&Image2.y=8&Image2.x=8

"free is always better"
Go to Top of Page

sennhenn
Expert Modder

NJ
USA

585 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2008 :  19:26:00  Show Profile
Oh yeah, I remember I thought of a good one...

I'm Greg Marmalard,
president of Omega House.
Meet my friends, Mandy Pepperidge...
We already met.
GREG: ...and Chip Diller.
CHIP: How are you?
How are you?
Over there is Terry Auerback,
captain of the swim team.
Tha.t's Ca.rl Phillips,
editor of the Daily Faberian.
And...
Clayton.
Sidney.
Jugdish, Mohammet, Lonny--
-We already met.
-Super

The problem for me is that when newbies like me find this site, they start surfing around the current topics aimlessly. Even though they could check out the Search function. Chances are they'll just post their little comlicatedly simple question. I'm not see we don't all like to help. But we want to jump on a solution after the basics have been attempted. The newbie hasn't weeded through all the FAQ's nor do I think they necessarily should. So I was thinking why don't we make one thread that we point the newbie toward. Not the traditional FAQ thread, but a specifically designed thread that is disguised as a normal thread.

Maybe Bonner could start it with a common question about wiring and someone could answer, directing him to a FAQ their. Then Tiddlerracer could pose a question about lighting mods for a dashboard. Gameboy could harass them both and then redirect them to the ... hey just use the Search function.

So this game keeps on 'till we're happy it's covered the basics. Then occasionally update it with our favorite newbie questions. We could recycle common questions that would have another give a few of the basics, then lead the asker to the specific FAQ.

Anywho, I was just thinking this might be another way to send our newbies to powerwheel modders 101. Maybe the thread could be called something simple and abiguous (sp?) like "I have a question". Then build it. I'd be happy to start. You guys are probably tired of answering the uninformed posters but I think this could be a way to cosolidate. But it's just an idea.

sennhenn

Daddy's Collection is getting out of control. (and this picture is way dated: it includes 4 we don't have anymore, and doesn't show 5 newer ones!)

Edited by - sennhenn on 04/29/2008 05:13:11
Go to Top of Page

sennhenn
Expert Modder

NJ
USA

585 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2008 :  05:16:10  Show Profile
Sorry gaMeboy my bad. I get to be a pretty slopy typer when I just start pecking away stream of conscious. I asked Bonner to be my editor, where was he? I mean BonBBner.

sennhenn

ps:I know this is sort of already covered within the Troubleshooting and newbie FAQs, but I just had this idea and wanted to get it off my chest.

It was to be a combe of both threads, all broken up into a bunch f back-and-forths that help users understand what knowledge is necessary for efficient troubleshooting.

Daddy's Collection is getting out of control. (and this picture is way dated: it includes 4 we don't have anymore, and doesn't show 5 newer ones!)

Edited by - sennhenn on 04/29/2008 05:22:31
Go to Top of Page

swhenrik

Pengilly
MN
USA

4067 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2008 :  06:20:35  Show Profile  Visit swhenrik's Homepage
We are talking about different ideas to do this.

If we have a long thread that covers one item at a time as they come up, and redirect to different threads along the way, will someone new want to read through all of that AND follow all the links? I would assume not.

If we have a thread that is just a way to point people in the correct direction, a long list of links with a very short explanation for each, it makes for quick reading.

This is very similar to an idea that Bonner was talking about. Having a "newbie please read first" thread.

I think of combination of these ideas could be a good thing. Like the troubleshooting thread, but covering more areas with less detail.

BUTT.... My concern is that it will get overlooked more often then not, just like the first post in each section that says in all caps "PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING!" No one "new" notices it, they just go ahead and post there question.

So, how to force more attention to "newbie" threads? Change the name of the "General Section" to "Newbie General?" Limit ability to post in certain sections until the person has at least a certain number of posts? I honestly don't know.

How about splitting into sections for "new modder" "intermediate modder" and "advanced modder"?

Projects: Jeep, Bigfoot, Lil' Quad, Dora Quad, Dirt Grinder, Nascar, Intro, Ultimate Gaucho

Edited by - swhenrik on 04/29/2008 06:22:19
Go to Top of Page

BonnerBB
Senior Modder

Houston
Texas
USA

2225 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2008 :  08:27:49  Show Profile  Visit BonnerBB's Homepage  Send BonnerBB a Yahoo! Message
quote:
Originally posted by swhenrik

BUTT.... My concern is that it will get overlooked more often then not, just like the first post in each section that says in all caps "PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING!" No one "new" notices it, they just go ahead and post there question.

So, how to force more attention to "newbie" threads?

That's a big BUTT you got there Swhenrik!

I think that once a WELL Written Newbie Thread is created that is not so long that they lose interest in reading it along with too many links... There are enough dedicated members on here to be able to slap them with a one line sentence with this one Newbie Thread link in it!

Example: Noticed your new - have you read the Newbie Thread? For the sake of duplicate post being started please read this before continuing this thread you started.

Thanks,
Bonner

NOTICE: I am not on MPW as much as I used to be!! PM me if you have questions about any of my threads!!!
I especially would love a PM from you if you did a project of your own similar to one of mine!!!

PWMOT Hijack Prevention Thread
Introduction and Collection
Video's of Projects
Modding Projects Pages
Cool Tools and Resources
What is PWMOT.org

Edited by - BonnerBB on 04/29/2008 08:29:50
Go to Top of Page

BonnerBB
Senior Modder

Houston
Texas
USA

2225 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2008 :  08:31:21  Show Profile  Visit BonnerBB's Homepage  Send BonnerBB a Yahoo! Message
Swhenrik - was Sennhenn reading our minds about this Newbie stuff?

Thanks,
Bonner

NOTICE: I am not on MPW as much as I used to be!! PM me if you have questions about any of my threads!!!
I especially would love a PM from you if you did a project of your own similar to one of mine!!!

Video's of Projects
Modding Projects Pages
Cool Tools and Resources
What is PWMOT.org
Go to Top of Page

swhenrik

Pengilly
MN
USA

4067 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2008 :  09:04:12  Show Profile  Visit swhenrik's Homepage
Bonnnnner, yeah, I'm not sure. Definitely ironic though. Especially when some of the major newbie nuisance things haven't been happening in the last few days.

Projects: Jeep, Bigfoot, Lil' Quad, Dora Quad, Dirt Grinder, Nascar, Intro, Ultimate Gaucho
Go to Top of Page

sennhenn
Expert Modder

NJ
USA

585 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2008 :  10:38:43  Show Profile
are you guys kidding... the only reason i'm mentioning this is because I'm the pen-ultimate newbie. trying to help other newbies without having depth of site knowledge in the first place.

I'm just trying to look at this site from the perspective of the average newbie. Most people (unlike me), have a problem with a ride-on and they just want resolution. The troublshooting thread you've all worked so diligently is excellent. I've been considering make a document for myself where I've got a cache of the url links with the nicknames all built in, resized, italicized.. whatever. But then I wondered why go to all the trouble. Their are probably a few ways to help this site help itself. My favorite idea was a newbie troubleshooting thread.

Common problems with PWs, Pegs, LTs etc. Maybe only link the advanced to the advanced stuff.
The way these things SHOULD work: Lo/Rev ony one wheel spins if resistance is applied to the other, Hi resistance should not affect other wheel.
Where to find parts. Hobbymasters, Kidswheels, Wanted section, Tear up another one (what parts can be shared between which vehicles)
What we expect in order for you to ask for help: properly narrow problem and post pics if applicable (quick explanation of pics)

But again I'm always so verbose....

I like the Newbie's post Here espec. because that'd be the perfect place for basic troubleshooting thread.
I guess another one for the Beginning Modders

I was also thinking a post of projects for everyone one. You could post your start, ~finish, hero shots; then add notes of what was modded, things you might've done differently, possible adds for the future, and a link to your project page.
_Of course you'd put that one in the projects section.
_Maybe another for the pimp it out section.

These Hero threads may not seem important to you guys, but you've been here since the dawn of time. You're also advanced in the art of searching. I often found that people ask ..."has anyone ever done XXX with ZZZ ?" and find that it's actually a pretty awkward search. I've wanted to charge three 6Volt batts and found the solutions out there are pretty scattered.

Now I feel like I'm rambling. We were talking about this a little on some miscellaneous thread a month or so ago (a total HiJack job) and I sort of beat up the newbies, and you guys said they needed help. I realized that your help is exactly why this site is awesome, so I tried to be come more of a contributer to those in need. But the other day I realized I was chatting with two different people about the same car (old gaucho). One here and one here. I was wondering why there isn't maybe a master Peg list, with general points on all, then sublinks to specific ride-ons within the family. Maybe someone could post what stuff is similar in the Peg page, then digress on individual pages. I see the work that it'd take to organize this stuff seems immense, so I would be surprised to see all of this happen. But the Gaucho in general could have a page where some of the things that break are shown, and how to fix 'em. A template for the top could be made so that anyone performing a search could still see links to basic troubleshooting threads. But it could expand the horizons of the poster BEFORE posting the problem.

Maybe even a list of what vehicles are out there, and we could post that we either have or have had that ride-on. It'd be nice when those folks are out of touch and maybe want to give their Hurricane on to the next Texan... (I'm not but you never know).

I definately better stop now.
WAKE UP I'm DONE TYPING now

I can't believe I typed that whole thing in the "quick reply" section how embarrassing.

I expect lot's of ZZZZZzzzzzzzzz after I'm done this one.
Brandt

Go to Top of Page

BonnerBB
Senior Modder

Houston
Texas
USA

2225 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2008 :  11:39:42  Show Profile  Visit BonnerBB's Homepage  Send BonnerBB a Yahoo! Message
For image resizing - if you have windowsxp operating software I use a free Microsoft XP Power Tools program called Image Rezise.

It allow you to right click on any image and choose a image size to convert it to! Very easy to use.

You can download it here (only for Windows XP users though): http://download.microsoft.com/download/whistler/Install/2/WXP/EN-US/ImageResizerPowertoySetup.exe

If you want to add this to the new LOCKED pictures FAQ then please do so and delete this...

Thanks,
Bonner

Video's of Projects
Modding Projects Pages
Cool Tools and Resources
What is PWMOT.org
Go to Top of Page

swhenrik

Pengilly
MN
USA

4067 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2008 :  11:41:26  Show Profile  Visit swhenrik's Homepage
What are you talking about? Locked? Might want to check again.

Go ahead and post that in there, and I'll lock it back up.

Go to Top of Page

BonnerBB
Senior Modder

Houston
Texas
USA

2225 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2008 :  11:45:45  Show Profile  Visit BonnerBB's Homepage  Send BonnerBB a Yahoo! Message
Sennhenn - do we need to send paramedics over to help you to remove your hands from your keyboard since the keys melted to your fingers during that lasts post?

Thanks,
Bonner

Video's of Projects
Modding Projects Pages
Cool Tools and Resources
What is PWMOT.org

Edited by - BonnerBB on 04/29/2008 11:48:03
Go to Top of Page

swhenrik

Pengilly
MN
USA

4067 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2008 :  11:56:02  Show Profile  Visit swhenrik's Homepage
Bonner, looks good, thanks.

I also turned off your sig to keep it condensed.

Go to Top of Page

sennhenn
Expert Modder

NJ
USA

585 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2008 :  12:06:02  Show Profile
cant stop typing heeeeeeeellllllllllllppppppppPPPPPPPPPP

Go to Top of Page

BonnerBB
Senior Modder

Houston
Texas
USA

2225 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2008 :  12:23:07  Show Profile  Visit BonnerBB's Homepage  Send BonnerBB a Yahoo! Message
While we got you working Swhenrik - this is a link that Gameboy posted that I thought is VERY USEFUL!!!

It is pictures of all the PW's ever made...

It could be put in the pictures section or FAQ's or both.

One of the things that I find to be annoying is Newbies ask for help on their PW but have a hard time explaining to us which one they have and normally don't know how to post their own picture... This would allow for us to have the Newbies to pick out their model from this list and reference us to it.

http://service.mattel.com/us/results.aspx?Ntt=power+wheel&Ntx=mode%2bmatchany&Nty=1&Image2.y=8&Image2.x=8&No=0&Ntk=Product&N=4294967289&showall=true

Thanks,
Bonner

Video's of Projects
Modding Projects Pages
Cool Tools and Resources
What is PWMOT.org
Go to Top of Page

swhenrik

Pengilly
MN
USA

4067 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2008 :  12:25:17  Show Profile  Visit swhenrik's Homepage
If/when we get a "newbie section" implemented, we'll put it in there. Will you help me remember?

Did you get the email about the possible new layout? What do you think of it? Reply via email.

Edited by - swhenrik on 04/29/2008 12:25:44
Go to Top of Page

BonnerBB
Senior Modder

Houston
Texas
USA

2225 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2008 :  12:27:20  Show Profile  Visit BonnerBB's Homepage  Send BonnerBB a Yahoo! Message
I intend on putting that link on www.PWMOT.org also - so look at PWMOT.org every once in a while and you'll remember!!!

Thanks,
Bonner

Video's of Projects
Modding Projects Pages
Cool Tools and Resources
What is PWMOT.org
Go to Top of Page

swhenrik

Pengilly
MN
USA

4067 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2008 :  12:32:26  Show Profile  Visit swhenrik's Homepage
My membership application was DECLINED remember?

Go to Top of Page

BonnerBB
Senior Modder

Houston
Texas
USA

2225 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2008 :  13:58:14  Show Profile  Visit BonnerBB's Homepage  Send BonnerBB a Yahoo! Message
quote:

My membership application was DECLINED remember?

Website is open to the public... FREE to non members too!!

Did you see the Mattel link that Gameboy posted and I re-posted that shows all the PW that Mattel has made? Should that go in the Pictures section and/or the FAQ's?

Thanks,
Bonner

Video's of Projects
Modding Projects Pages
Cool Tools and Resources
What is PWMOT.org

Edited by - BonnerBB on 04/29/2008 14:29:59
Go to Top of Page

swhenrik

Pengilly
MN
USA

4067 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2008 :  14:47:25  Show Profile  Visit swhenrik's Homepage
Bonner, are you off your meds again? Yes, I read that, and I replied to it..... the "help me remember" part. Remember?

Go to Top of Page

BonnerBB
Senior Modder

Houston
Texas
USA

2225 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2008 :  14:51:14  Show Profile  Visit BonnerBB's Homepage  Send BonnerBB a Yahoo! Message
quote:

Bonner, are you off your meds again? Yes, I read that, and I replied to it..... the "help me remember" part. Remember?

I was helping you remember!

Thanks,
Bonner

Video's of Projects
Modding Projects Pages
Cool Tools and Resources
What is PWMOT.org
Go to Top of Page

sennhenn
Expert Modder

NJ
USA

585 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2008 :  20:34:29  Show Profile
man you guys weren;t kidding, you really were busy today. It must be the pollen

Go to Top of Page

swhenrik

Pengilly
MN
USA

4067 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2008 :  13:32:14  Show Profile  Visit swhenrik's Homepage
Thanks Bonner for the addition to the FAQ's (previous page about pic resizing)

I do not need to delete anything from this thread, as it's just here to discuss this stuff. The FAQ's themselves I am a bit more particular about.

Edited by - swhenrik on 05/01/2008 13:33:00
Go to Top of Page

BonnerBB
Senior Modder

Houston
Texas
USA

2225 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2008 :  13:50:28  Show Profile  Visit BonnerBB's Homepage  Send BonnerBB a Yahoo! Message
Gotcha! Hence why it is not LOCKED!

Thanks,
Bonner

Video's of Projects
Modding Projects Pages
Cool Tools and Resources
What is PWMOT.org
Go to Top of Page

swhenrik

Pengilly
MN
USA

4067 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2008 :  14:20:20  Show Profile  Visit swhenrik's Homepage
But it IS locked!

Go to Top of Page

BonnerBB
Senior Modder

Houston
Texas
USA

2225 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2008 :  09:16:09  Show Profile  Visit BonnerBB's Homepage  Send BonnerBB a Yahoo! Message
Hey swhenrik - good Monday!

Would you think the Bonner Governor would could reside as an example for this thread?
http://www.modifiedpowerwheels.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=708

Thanks,
Bonner

Video's of Projects
Modding Projects Pages
Cool Tools and Resources
What is PWMOT.org
Go to Top of Page

swhenrik

Pengilly
MN
USA

4067 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2008 :  11:05:52  Show Profile  Visit swhenrik's Homepage
Yep.... that's why it's already in there. Didn't you see it? Last one in the list!

P.S. I "just" added it

Go to Top of Page

sennhenn
Expert Modder

NJ
USA

585 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2008 :  09:41:16  Show Profile
I don't remember where Jasncab was asking for site adjustments, but I had a few ideas and thought this might be an okay place to post 'em.

make the Search page default to "all forums" no matter what subdirectory a user clicks on it from. Many newbies probably don't bother to looking at all the options. Or for that matter, the people that are just starting to search for things, but get discouraged are probably not noticing the overly focused search they are performing. It'd also be nice if you could select to subtract signatures from search's since owners of various ride-ons post what they have and skew search results.

make the main reply to topic full page width. The quick reply is wide but not long.

if the page were split into parts, instead of an overall scroll bar, that disconnects you from your reply while reading other replies:
  • fixed top third: original thread with scroll bar (maybe quote button on the side
  • fixed middle third: fixed buttons
  • fixed bottom third: reply with scroll bar (maybe

With regard to icons within the reply section I might like to see some changes:
  • a help icon that offers similar info to what's in the FAQ section, but offered in a pop-up window so as to not blow out everything that you typed.
  • including quote with a mouse-float-over description that says "quote highlighted text")
  • url (where an popup window asks you for the address to link to, and allows short description of you'd highlighted, or the reverse)
  • allow list to recognize a common character (comma or line return) to insert the bullets, rather than forcing a code savvy user to apply the tool.
  • be able to quote any other thread posters once you're already replying. If you could reply to topic, then highlight another posters specific comments, then click a quote icon somewhere (maybe a fixed location).

when inserting a pic that is reused, have it insert at the place you are inserting it, not at the bottom of the post. I've also noticed I get bumped back to the top of my post when selected one of the format functions, is that normal? I'd think it'd be better not to change the message pane, or at least put it at the bottom, but not the top.

if you're not logged in and attempt to post something, everything gets blown out by a message telling you to log in. Could this be done as a pop-up? How could this be accomplished most effectively? Ask for log-in at first attempt at a reply, where the quick reply is not even offered for non-logged in users. Maybe that's where the LOGIN is offered, or an additional LOGIN.

The subscribe button should be more subtle, when I click it, it takes me to a new page. I recall a time when I was done a long post, then clicked subscribe and it blew out my page. Could subscribe be more like the smilies, where it just adds a little 'subscribed to thread' than it performs as such (just an idea). This'd be nice to see when looking through a thread, if you could see that various users were 'subscribed to threads or forums' so you would know that they'd be getting a notification. Especially when you are looking into old threads.

Also, when you've subscribed to a topic and receive an email, it'd be nice if you were directed to the page that the reply was posted on.

It'd also be nice if the Amazon links looked at least a little different from user built hyperlinks. I like to add italics.

There's also a quirk in the folder directory where, when you're in a level below the main Forums.
You'll find that the folder higherarchy that is offered in the upper left most of the time (In subforums and threads), is not offered if you try to click on a subsection below "Forums" when you're in a subsection. Example: After clicking on Read This First FAQ'S then doing as described you'll see this: example), the option to return to the top level disappears. It's probably not the normal place for someone to click, but since the sight has become more Forums based then it had been a year ago IMO, maybe a more attractive Top level Forums link is in order.

At times I post pics at home, then cancel the post just for the purpose of uploading, is there a way to upload pics without posting them yet? This is so I can post pics from work that were conformed at home.

Sorry, I know this a lot, but it's a list that's been growing in my head, and wanted to get it off my chest. I'm sure there are some items in here that are specific to me or may even be misuse of the options available.

I've typing like 5 different replies on different tabs while adding to this so if it sounds a little disjointed it's because I am too.

sennhennn

Go to Top of Page

BonnerBB
Senior Modder

Houston
Texas
USA

2225 Posts

Posted - 05/14/2008 :  20:01:25  Show Profile  Visit BonnerBB's Homepage  Send BonnerBB a Yahoo! Message
quote:
Originally posted by BonnerBB

While we got you working Swhenrik - this is a link that Gameboy posted that I thought is VERY USEFUL!!!

It is pictures of all the PW's ever made...

It could be put in the pictures section or FAQ's or both.

One of the things that I find to be annoying is Newbies ask for help on their PW but have a hard time explaining to us which one they have and normally don't know how to post their own picture... This would allow for us to have the Newbies to pick out their model from this list and reference us to it.

http://service.mattel.com/us/results.aspx?Ntt=power+wheel&Ntx=mode%2bmatchany&Nty=1&Image2.y=8&Image2.x=8&No=0&Ntk=Product&N=4294967289&showall=true

Reminder...

Thanks,
Bonner

Video's of Projects
Modding Projects Pages
Cool Tools and Resources
What is PWMOT.org
Go to Top of Page

swhenrik

Pengilly
MN
USA

4067 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2008 :  07:59:34  Show Profile  Visit swhenrik's Homepage
Thanks for the reminder.... but it's still pending reorganization of the forums, which is waiting for jasncab, and he is super busy this week with work stuff. I guess I'm not the only one with work getting in the way of my life!

Go to Top of Page

gameboy

just north of austin
tx
USA

4796 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2008 :  08:18:16  Show Profile
quote:

Thanks for the reminder.... but it's still pending reorganization of the forums, which is waiting for jasncab, and he is super busy this week with work stuff. I guess I'm not the only one with work getting in the way of my life!

you work????

"free is always better"
Go to Top of Page

BonnerBB
Senior Modder

Houston
Texas
USA

2225 Posts

Posted - 05/27/2008 :  20:47:08  Show Profile  Visit BonnerBB's Homepage  Send BonnerBB a Yahoo! Message
Would you believe that I have been on thiS FORUM for as long as I have and just realized that there were 3 pages of FAQ's - NOT 1.... Maybe if you edited the title to say (READ ALL 3 PAGES) - idiots like me would not take a year to realize it. Just a thought - think about it...

Thanks,
Bonner

Video's of Projects
Modding Projects Pages
Cool Tools and Resources
What is PWMOT.org
Go to Top of Page

gameboy

just north of austin
tx
USA

4796 Posts

Posted - 05/28/2008 :  08:25:01  Show Profile
quote:

Would you believe that I have been on thiS FORUM for as long as I have and just realized that there were 3 pages of FAQ's - NOT 1.... Maybe if you edited the title to say (READ ALL 3 PAGES) - idiots like me would not take a year to realize it. Just a thought - think about it...

lol... now thats funny.
Go to Top of Page

swhenrik

Pengilly
MN
USA

4067 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2008 :  14:18:18  Show Profile  Visit swhenrik's Homepage
I moved this thread here so I could lock the entire FAQ's topic. This way I don't have to keep moving and deleting posts from that section.

So, as usual, any suggestions, post in here.

Go to Top of Page

littlebear10

redlake
minnesota
USA

1 Posts

Posted - 07/31/2008 :  15:44:59  Show Profile
i am trying to find out if anyone has had problems with the front end of their powerwheels as far as the front end is concerned. my sons powerwheels are turned inwards. i did call a parts place and they said a steering linkage would help some they also said something about the plastic is bending in that area. my son is hitting the sidewalk which is sort of up from the ground and that is why the front end is messed up.

becky jourdain
Go to Top of Page

gameboy

just north of austin
tx
USA

4796 Posts

Posted - 07/31/2008 :  16:16:56  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by littlebear10

i am trying to find out if anyone has had problems with the front end of their powerwheels as far as the front end is concerned. my sons powerwheels are turned inwards. i did call a parts place and they said a steering linkage would help some they also said something about the plastic is bending in that area. my son is hitting the sidewalk which is sort of up from the ground and that is why the front end is messed up.

Unibody front end sag/alignment fix

that should get you started, its in the FAQ's.
Go to Top of Page

jasncab
Forum Admin

Phoenix
AZ
USA

1119 Posts

Posted - 07/31/2008 :  19:11:48  Show Profile  Visit jasncab's Homepage
quote:

I am at work now ;) Did we get this taken care of?

*I work here - but don't tell your wife - she will kill me.
Go to Top of Page

nspo

Papillion
NE
USA

20 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2008 :  07:14:14  Show Profile  Visit nspo's Homepage
Looked in the "Where to buy batteries" FAQ, and it has Gruber, but I can't now find the arbitrary thread/post from whence I heard about http://stores.ebay.com/Power-cell-Battery-Products.

Also, Gameboy's post at the end of http://www.modifiedpowerwheels.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3264 is a good and important one and should be in the FAQs. I only discovered the truth of his big red factoid after using trial & error to find out why my kid's car wouldn't run. One 6V battery is completely shot but tests at over 4 volts.

And using one run-down 6V with 2 charged ones, the car went faster withOUT the "extra" 6V batt. So that was a totally cool post, but should indeed be in the "all about batteries" section.

Go to Top of Page

BonnerBB
Senior Modder

Houston
Texas
USA

2225 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2008 :  21:24:15  Show Profile  Visit BonnerBB's Homepage  Send BonnerBB a Yahoo! Message
quote:
Originally posted by nspo

Looked in the "Where to buy batteries" FAQ, and it has Gruber, but I can't now find the arbitrary thread/post from whence I heard about http://stores.ebay.com/Power-cell-Battery-Products.

This one? Do I feel a sticky coming on?
http://www.modifiedpowerwheels.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=5917

Thanks,
Bonner

Video's of Projects
Modding Projects Pages
Cool Tools and Resources
What is PWMOT.org
Go to Top of Page

gameboy

just north of austin
tx
USA

4796 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2008 :  22:36:14  Show Profile
quote:

Do I feel a sticky coming on?

, oh, bonner!!
Go to Top of Page

BonnerBB
Senior Modder

Houston
Texas
USA

2225 Posts

Posted - 08/22/2008 :  13:38:59  Show Profile  Visit BonnerBB's Homepage  Send BonnerBB a Yahoo! Message
quote:
Originally posted by gameboy

quote:

Do I feel a sticky coming on?

, oh, bonner!!

YOUR NASTY G-BOY!

Thanks,
Bonner

Video's of Projects
Modding Projects Pages
Cool Tools and Resources
What is PWMOT.org

Edited by - BonnerBB on 08/22/2008 13:40:56
Go to Top of Page

glht_omni
Journeyman Modder

426 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2008 :  15:10:00  Show Profile
i have something to add to the push nut FAQ here http://www.modifiedpowerwheels.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3152&SearchTerms=push,nut

after doing the wrangler / silverado tire swap, i was very frustrated from removing 8 of them and even more frustrated when one fell back off and lost it in the yard.

so in a pinch, i cut a 1/2" length of soft 3/8" rubbere hose, stuck it on the axle shaft and threw a hose clamp on it, over 8 hours of ride time and it hasnt budged or loosened any. i may convert all of my vehicles this way if i dont wind up borrowing a tap and die set to thread all of my axels with nylon lock nuts.

6x4 limo bus jeep, 12v, 16t, silverado tires, 24v extreme machine, 21t gearboxes, vw barbie LED bug 12v, kandy blue 18v harley, lil quad 12v leds, VW tinker bug, barbie jammin LED jeep
gaucho grande 18v, silverado 18v, 21T gearboxes,
silverado 18v, 19t gearboxes
kidtraxx corvette yellow #3 24v, bypassed controller
berchet porsche carerra 6v RIP (parting out),
power rider jeff gordan nascar 24v
Go to Top of Page

gameboy

just north of austin
tx
USA

4796 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2008 :  21:58:33  Show Profile
very nice addition.
Go to Top of Page

NTRCOOL

Polo
Illnois
USA

36 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2009 :  00:10:03  Show Profile
How bout on the battery don't s instead of trying to convert to one battery(on a twin 6v) just switch with twin 12v batteries or a 12v and a 6v) I just tried it this weekend and IT WORKED. I took the ends from some old pw 6v batts and in a mess of wiring nitemares took to car batteries and walla it pulled me(being 150lbs) plus the weight of the car batts pretty quick. now that I know it works I can get those scooter batteries and use them for final assembly on that set up. and If I get a chance I will post a video of it in action.

NTRCOOL
Go to Top of Page

kbhowmed
Apprentice Modder

Missouri
USA

85 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2009 :  15:21:50  Show Profile
Hello everyone,
My suggestion is that the information on pinion: pitch, tooth#, gear box, gear box ratio, be consolidated into some type of matching chart. It is getting time consuming trying to chase the gear info, then to the pinion info, then to the ratio/speed then motor matching.
thnx
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: