These forums are archived!
Please create a new account at our new forums here: http://forum.modifiedpowerwheels.com
ModifiedPowerWheels.com powerwheels upgrades, peg-perego and others very welcome

Specializing in Peg Perego and Power Wheels Parts and Machines
Udemy Course
Home | My Files | Profile | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | RSS allows you to view new posts anywhere!!
 All Forums
 Modifications by Category
 Pimp it out
 Cheap headlights for Gator HPX
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

pegperegooooo
Apprentice Modder

USA

54 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2010 :  22:45:26  Show Profile
I've read this forum from time to time just waiting for the wife to give the OK to tear into the kid's gator. She finally did when she realized the Polaris RZR she was looking at didn't have lights. Simply put I decided to look for lights for the Gator we have to prove my manhood and skill.

I found a product at Advanced Auto Parts that worked absolutely fantastic and felt I should share it with the folks on here.

http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_Round-Thinline-White-LED-Racing-Light-Kit-Night-Blaster_6250369-P_N3151A_A%7CGRP2044____

If the link doesn't work they are night blaster round led racing lights, 3" diameter, 15 LED's per bulb plus wiring harness, switch, etc. All for under $20.00 (Read the review it's really funny)

It took about 2-3 hours to install and they work great look factory the wife was impressed and the kids thought it was awesome. I'll include some pics.

Hope this points someone in a helpful direction.

74.78 KB

98.54 KB

75.49 KB

Yeah honey it's safe, I read about how to do it on the internet.

marrzie1

Lidköping

Sweden

38 Posts

Posted - 11/29/2010 :  09:46:06  Show Profile
Can you get some night shots? Just wondering how bright these are and how wide is the beam? Could you use these for night driving? And what kind of coverage do they offer? Spot? Flood? They do look nice though.
Go to Top of Page

pegperegooooo
Apprentice Modder

USA

54 Posts

Posted - 11/29/2010 :  10:18:57  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by marrzie1

Can you get some night shots? Just wondering how bright these are and how wide is the beam? Could you use these for night driving? And what kind of coverage do they offer? Spot? Flood? They do look nice though.

They are adequate for night driving and cast a fairly wide beam. We live in the middle of the woods, and the kids have driven in pitch black without a problem. I'm sure there's brighter bulbs, but these fit perfect, look factory, and the rocker switch that comes with it even is the exact size as the sticker sheets headlight switch.

The best thing is it's a kit that has everything you need complete with instructions. Please note you'll need some extra wire to connect the grounds.

Go to Top of Page

gomets18

New Milford
NJ
USA

5 Posts

Posted - 11/30/2010 :  10:46:22  Show Profile
What kind of wiring would I need to do this and how much of it
Go to Top of Page

I.dont.wanna.grow.up

Fairfield
CA
USA

39 Posts

Posted - 11/30/2010 :  23:02:59  Show Profile
LOVE IT! Super FACTORY look!

I'm the cool dad I always wanted.

Field of dreams:
S1 C5, S1 C5R, Peg Ducati Monster S4, PW harley, LT H2,and a super weak get set gokart.
Go to Top of Page

pegperegooooo
Apprentice Modder

USA

54 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2010 :  12:44:09  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by gomets18

What kind of wiring would I need to do this and how much of it

I just used 16 guage primary wire you find at any automotive store. And only used about 10' or so to hook up the ground. The kit has short grounds with ring terminals intended to ground it to metal. You'll need to run it to your negative.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: