These forums are archived!
Please create a new account at our new forums here: http://forum.modifiedpowerwheels.com
ModifiedPowerWheels.com powerwheels upgrades, peg-perego and others very welcome

Specializing in Peg Perego and Power Wheels Parts and Machines
Udemy Course
Home | My Files | Profile | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | RSS allows you to view new posts anywhere!!
 All Forums
 Personal Stuff - Introductions, forsale, reviews!
 Introductions
 New in South Florida
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Miami Hurricane
Journeyman Modder

Coral Springs
Florida
USA

199 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2010 :  13:51:53  Show Profile
Hi. My name is Joe and I found this great site while researching the purchase of a Power Wheels Jeep Hurricane for my daughters. I found one for $65 on Craiglist and picked it up a couple days ago. It is in great condition with working battery. (I almost picked up another Hurricane today for $40, but it was sold by the time I reached the seller!)

I have spend the better part of three evenings reading old posts on this site and marveling in amazement what the members have been able to do to these vehicles. I would love to add headlights and tail lights to my Hurricane and have read just about every posting on the subject here. However, even though many have commented on how simple these modifications are, I don't know if I am up for the task! I don't even know how you attach the LED to the battery!

I love the site and have already become addicted. I saw an ad for a Grave Digger on CL today for $50 (no working batter) and I seriously considered making an offer on it. But I decided against it because I have two girls who prefer things like the pink and purple Barbie Jeeps and my garage is full of clutter at the moment. (I had to clear a spot for the Hurricane).

Maybe after seeing more of the light modifications and some guidance of some of the expert modders on this site, I will someday try to add the headlights and tail lights. But for now, I'm enjoying seeing what everyone else is doing to their vehicles.

Cheers!

Joe

Jeep Hurricane - Blue
Jeep Hurricane - Green
Cat Skid Steer Loader
Peg Perego John Deere Buck (18v)

Miami Hurricane
Journeyman Modder

Coral Springs
Florida
USA

199 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2010 :  18:25:03  Show Profile
Here's a picture of the girls in their jeep.

Jeep Hurricane - Blue
Jeep Hurricane - Green
Cat Skid Steer Loader
Go to Top of Page

Miami Hurricane
Journeyman Modder

Coral Springs
Florida
USA

199 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2010 :  17:04:01  Show Profile
I picked up a second Hurricane for my other daughter last week. Got this one on CL for $50. (Although just today my older daughter busted one of the gears so its going to cost me a little more!)

Jeep Hurricane - Blue
Jeep Hurricane - Green
Cat Skid Steer Loader
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: