These forums are archived!
Please create a new account at our new forums here: http://forum.modifiedpowerwheels.com
ModifiedPowerWheels.com powerwheels upgrades, peg-perego and others very welcome

Specializing in Peg Perego and Power Wheels Parts and Machines
Home | My Files | Profile | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | RSS allows you to view new posts anywhere!!
 All Forums
 Personal Stuff - Introductions, forsale, reviews!
 Introductions
 Finally
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

swhenrik

Pengilly
MN
USA

4067 Posts

Posted - 05/31/2007 :  13:01:31  Show Profile  Visit swhenrik's Homepage
I've been dragging my feet getting an intro up. With my newly appointed moderator title, I figure I should give up some info.

My "obsessions" have changed a few times over the years.
Fourwheeler first, started riding in 1981 when I was 7. Had a 110, 185s, 350X, 250X, 250X with 350X engine, etc.

Then on to college, Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering from the University of North Dakota, graduated in 1997, the year of the Grand Forks flood and the only year that didn't have to take finals!

Being in college cut down on fourwheeling, so we took up aquariums. We've had up to 15 set up at a time, from 10 gallons to 75 gallons, up to 200 fish at once, in a one bedroom apartment. What were we thinking?

After moving back home, and into a house of our own, we're down to one lonely fish in a 75 gallon! Fourwheeling took hold again, got a Recon for the wife and a 300EX for me, later sold the Recon, wife got the 300EX, and I got a 400EX. I'm due for an upgrade again soon.

R/C racing then became the obsession... and wow did we go overboard! Up to 15 at a time, 10 being nitros. Stock Mini-T's to $1200 full race buggies/truggies, Monster trucks, etc.

Campers... Started with a 1972 Coachmen 21', then 1981 HR (Holiday Rambler) 36' 5th wheel, 1988 HR 33' travel trailer, 2000 HR 33' TT, and now a HR Next Level Toy Hauler.

And then came the kids.... Son was born in March of 2005. Daughter in August of 2006. So, we are now doing the PW thing! So far we have: Lil' Quad, Uni-Body Jeep (not sure what it's originally "called"), Single passenger Barbie Jeep, Bigfoot, Barbie Lamborghini

Edited by - swhenrik on 05/31/2007 13:03:42

TiddlerRacer
Senior Modder

Adrian
MI
USA

1849 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2007 :  13:43:35  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by swhenrik

I've been dragging my feet getting an intro up. With my newly appointed moderator title, I figure I should give up some info.

Don't feel bad, you did your intorduction about 870 posts sooner than I did mine. <LOL>

I don't know what it is about ATVs and dirt bikes, but once you are bitten by those bugs you can't seem to shake 'em. I went a few years without a dirt bike and just had to have another one. Same deal with R/C - I had a 10 or so year hitaus from that hobby as well and fell right back into it.

Anywho - welcome to the board.

****Testing the limits of Fisher Price engineering on a daily basis.****
Go to Top of Page

gameboy

just north of austin
tx
USA

4796 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2007 :  20:16:57  Show Profile
been meaning to say hi and thanks for what you are doing for the board. means alot.

love what you do, keep it up.

free is always better

beatle
Fisher-Price Lil Kawasaki
small motor cycle
old ninja super shock
old jeep wrangler 18v
old old fp sports car, broke-needs a gearbox, so if you have one i would like it.
old ninja quad 18v
2extreme machines 18v
gator
yellow goucho
escalade
brand new jeepster 800 watts
razor e-300

and yes this is becoming a problem. wife has threatened divorce.-- she'll come around.
Go to Top of Page

swhenrik

Pengilly
MN
USA

4067 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2007 :  07:58:42  Show Profile  Visit swhenrik's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by gameboy

been meaning to say hi and thanks for what you are doing for the board. means alot.

love what you do, keep it up.

Glad to hear it's appreciated. And it means a lot coming from you, as you are also putting in lots of time and good info.
Go to Top of Page

gameboy

just north of austin
tx
USA

4796 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2007 :  06:16:24  Show Profile
i happen to have some free time, and this is what i do with it. keeps me out of the bars and away from the scantly women. my wife thank y'all.

free is always better

beatle
Fisher-Price Lil Kawasaki
small motor cycle
old ninja super shock
old jeep wrangler 18v
old old fp sports car, broke-needs a gearbox, so if you have one i would like it.
old ninja quad 18v
2extreme machines 18v
gator
yellow goucho
escalade
brand new jeepster 800 watts
razor e-300

and yes this is becoming a problem. wife has threatened divorce.-- she'll come around.
Go to Top of Page

totally_green

Toronto
Ontario
Canada

2 Posts

Posted - 05/29/2009 :  17:43:50  Show Profile
I just inherited a Peg Prego Grande.

The vehicle came without a battery so I ordered one and installed. The previous owner (in-laws) told me the machine quite working because it needed a new battery.

I installed the battery but still did not work.

I consider myself handy so I flipped the vehicle on its back and started to analyze (with the help of the supplied drawings on this forum) the problem. I cannot figure out why this truck will not move. I am using a digital meter.

The battery is at 12 + Volts at the battery.
I have cleaned all the connectors and checked (just the fuse) as I cannot find a breaker of any kind.
If I move the battery to the rear and hook up to each motor they both spin.
If I hook the battery up at the front and put the meter on the back wiring and then depress the switch I get the same voltage as if I hook my battery at the meter directly.

Therefore I surmise, that the battery is OK, the fuse is OK, the wiring is OK (although I did not understand why it would be). It does seems to go to the full 12+ volts rather slowly, when I depress the swithch. I also took the switch apart and cleaned. I auume it is working becasue I get the volts at the rear..

Thoughts or suggestions.
Go to Top of Page

KrazyJuice
Expert Modder

Toronto
Ontario
Canada

617 Posts

Posted - 05/29/2009 :  22:47:06  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by totally_green

I just inherited a Peg Prego Grande.

The vehicle came without a battery so I ordered one and installed. The previous owner (in-laws) told me the machine quite working because it needed a new battery.

I installed the battery but still did not work.

I consider myself handy so I flipped the vehicle on its back and started to analyze (with the help of the supplied drawings on this forum) the problem. I cannot figure out why this truck will not move. I am using a digital meter.

The battery is at 12 + Volts at the battery.
I have cleaned all the connectors and checked (just the fuse) as I cannot find a breaker of any kind.
If I move the battery to the rear and hook up to each motor they both spin.
If I hook the battery up at the front and put the meter on the back wiring and then depress the switch I get the same voltage as if I hook my battery at the meter directly.

Therefore I surmise, that the battery is OK, the fuse is OK, the wiring is OK (although I did not understand why it would be). It does seems to go to the full 12+ volts rather slowly, when I depress the swithch. I also took the switch apart and cleaned. I auume it is working becasue I get the volts at the rear..

Thoughts or suggestions.

Welcome to the site and nice to have a fellow modder in the area. Anyway, I'm in the area so let me know if you would like me to pop by and have a look at the machine.

Gaucho Grande - Cailan's Transfomers
Gaucho High Torque
Lambo - From Hot Wheels to Princess
6V Get-Set-Go-Kart
Go to Top of Page

KrazyJuice
Expert Modder

Toronto
Ontario
Canada

617 Posts

Posted - 05/29/2009 :  22:49:43  Show Profile
Oooops, I just realized this is swhenrik intro thread.. sorry for the hijack.

totally_green, I suggest creating a new thread on one of the other sections. ie, General Discussion.. you would get way more hits/ help with your situation.

Gaucho Grande - Cailan's Transfomers
Gaucho High Torque
Lambo - From Hot Wheels to Princess
6V Get-Set-Go-Kart
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: