These forums are archived!
Please create a new account at our new forums here: http://forum.modifiedpowerwheels.com
ModifiedPowerWheels.com powerwheels upgrades, peg-perego and others very welcome

Specializing in Peg Perego and Power Wheels Parts and Machines
Udemy Course
Home | My Files | Profile | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | RSS allows you to view new posts anywhere!!
 All Forums
 Personal Stuff - Introductions, forsale, reviews!
 Reviews
 The New Peg Perego Polaris RZRS
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

VegasQuid
Journeyman Modder

Vegas
NV
USA

214 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2010 :  11:15:44  Show Profile  Visit VegasQuid's Homepage  Click to see VegasQuid's MSN Messenger address  Send VegasQuid a Yahoo! Message

This working on it but im going in to work in a few today i will be adding the stickers and windshild

24v Escalade Fire Reascue
24v Kid Trax Corvette Carbon Cop Car

blake711
Advanced Modder

Skiatook
OK
USA

2622 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2010 :  18:11:23  Show Profile
I looked at one earlier this week at TRU nice looking rids but flimsier than the guahcos imo and man are they pricey.

Please sign up at new version of forum at http://forum.modifiedpowerwheels.com/
complexity is the enemy of reliability
Go to Top of Page

VegasQuid
Journeyman Modder

Vegas
NV
USA

214 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2010 :  22:37:44  Show Profile  Visit VegasQuid's Homepage  Click to see VegasQuid's MSN Messenger address  Send VegasQuid a Yahoo! Message
oh ya i know

Go to Top of Page

PW warehouse
Senior Modder

Central
IN
USA

1712 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2010 :  21:48:49  Show Profile
Yes the rollbars are very flimsey. You have to make sure and not grab it wrong or it might all come off.

Go to Top of Page

Peg-it
Journeyman Modder

461 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2010 :  12:11:59  Show Profile
no full rollbar on the silver RZR
Go to Top of Page

VegasQuid
Journeyman Modder

Vegas
NV
USA

214 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2010 :  22:50:22  Show Profile  Visit VegasQuid's Homepage  Click to see VegasQuid's MSN Messenger address  Send VegasQuid a Yahoo! Message

Go to Top of Page

VegasQuid
Journeyman Modder

Vegas
NV
USA

214 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2010 :  22:52:02  Show Profile  Visit VegasQuid's Homepage  Click to see VegasQuid's MSN Messenger address  Send VegasQuid a Yahoo! Message
1 bad thing if u put the stickers on this the sides are 2 big stickers, like 1 for the front and 1 for the back

Go to Top of Page

blake711
Advanced Modder

Skiatook
OK
USA

2622 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2010 :  06:38:53  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by VegasQuid

1 bad thing if u put the stickers on this the sides are 2 big stickers, like 1 for the front and 1 for the back

Not cool that saves costs for them and I Guess makes it faster for lazy parents. But now if a sticker is damaged its the whole thing not just a small piece.

Go to Top of Page

colinandmylesmom
Senior Modder

USA

2351 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2010 :  08:20:45  Show Profile
I wonder if the windshield on this Grey one, will fit in the slots of the Red one?

We had to remove our entire rollbar assembly on our Red one, since every anchor point was broken anyway, and I'd like it with the windshield as it makes it look nicer, so I'd order one thru Peg, well, I'd bitch and they'll give me one or I'll be returning our current one.

Go to Top of Page

VegasQuid
Journeyman Modder

Vegas
NV
USA

214 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2010 :  11:05:57  Show Profile  Visit VegasQuid's Homepage  Click to see VegasQuid's MSN Messenger address  Send VegasQuid a Yahoo! Message
quote:
Originally posted by colinandmylesmom

I wonder if the windshield on this Grey one, will fit in the slots of the Red one?

We had to remove our entire rollbar assembly on our Red one, since every anchor point was broken anyway, and I'd like it with the windshield as it makes it look nicer, so I'd order one thru Peg, well, I'd bitch and they'll give me one or I'll be returning our current one.

Ya i think it would fit just fine, but if u wanted to put the back on it would need the new back bumper.

Go to Top of Page

colinandmylesmom
Senior Modder

USA

2351 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2010 :  09:04:27  Show Profile
Well, it's considered cosmetic, so they wouldn't replace it, once the rollbar fell off, the side bars that keep the kids in fell off as well, and ours didn't come with seatbelts, so now the kids go flying out the side when making sharp turns. I should just sue them and see what happens :)

Go to Top of Page

speedracer33

5 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2010 :  22:50:32  Show Profile
We are considering this for our 3 year old son. I know Peg recommends 3-5 but toy manufacturers always overshoot age requirements and he is a pretty advanced kid. He is average height..do you think he might have toruble driving it?

Also...what causes these parts to snap off....rough play or just normal wear and tear? We live in a grassy subdivision so I do't expect lots of rough terrain.
Go to Top of Page

colinandmylesmom
Senior Modder

USA

2351 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2010 :  21:14:30  Show Profile
We had the Red version with the over the top rollbar. It was such flimsy plastic within a few weeks all the joins that secured the side guards & entire rollbar snapped off at the joints, just bent/weakened the plastic and then they snapped off.

With this Grey one it looks less likely that will happen since the kids won't really be hanging onto the top rollbar since there isn't one.

If your kid is 3, these are geared for 4-10 years old. He can probably drive it in low gear, but the high gear, at 3 years old, this thing is a beast, it's so bulky, better watch where he's driving! But he'll grow into it which is good! Maybe buy it new, and look for a smaller vehicle used on craigslist just incase he doesn't fit this too well this year.

Our son (5) drove his 50% grass, 50% concrete, within 5 months, both back tires split down the middle, thankfully under warranty so we got new ones, but these plastic wheels on concrete just don't hold up very well, especially these ones like this or Power Wheels Monster Traction that have big tread patterns, they wear out way quicker than smooth tires seem to on our concrete driveway.

As many little things that went wrong with ours, my son loved his while we had it (we sold it), but now we are already thinking of getting another, as our 24V Gaucho isn't working great, and I simply want him to be able to ride and not be out there fixing this and that every 5 seconds like we currently are!

Go to Top of Page

jeffb1969

VA
USA

2 Posts

Posted - 12/27/2010 :  09:45:59  Show Profile
Day 2 and my son is loving the 24 volt Peg Perego Ranger RZR.

My Son 4 year old and 2 year old sons got this for Christmas. I had borrowed a 12 volt Jeep Power wheels from some friends but it would not make it up the hills in my neighborhood. This vehical has had no problems climbing any of the hills. The only time it has needed any help from me was when he went up hill through some snow still on the ground and going down a steep hill that my son a scared of.

The charge has out lasted my sons so far. Over an hour every time so far.

Jeff
Go to Top of Page

blake711
Advanced Modder

Skiatook
OK
USA

2622 Posts

Posted - 12/27/2010 :  12:49:11  Show Profile
jeffb thanks for the post. Good info glad to hear you are happy with it. So its performance in snow is good? No traction issues?

Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: