These forums are archived!
Please create a new account at our new forums here: http://forum.modifiedpowerwheels.com
ModifiedPowerWheels.com powerwheels upgrades, peg-perego and others very welcome

Specializing in Peg Perego and Power Wheels Parts and Machines
Udemy Course
Home | My Files | Profile | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | RSS allows you to view new posts anywhere!!
 All Forums
 Personal Stuff - Introductions, forsale, reviews!
 Projects Pages! (blogs?)
 chozian's 12V Little Tikes Hummer H2 Project
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

chozian
Expert Modder

Meridianville
AL (35759)
USA

631 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2010 :  12:47:20  Show Profile  Visit chozian's Homepage
Within the last 2 weeks, I picked up this Little Tikes Hummer H2 for free from a craigslister about 30 minutes away from my house. The guy just wanted it gone. At first, he told me that I couldn't have the battery. Though, he went ahead and gave me the battery when I showed up. I didn't think the battery was going to be any good. I believe it was reporting only 6.something volts. Well, after using my trusty Schumacher Speed Charge Maintainer on it, it came back to life. It was reporting a bit over 13.1V if I remember correctly. I've tested it out a couple of times to see if it actually holds its charge. I'm happy to report that it does!

One of the gearboxes on this Hummer was completely shot. It looks like it had a massive blowout! I disconnected the wires to that motor since it was pulling current and not doing anything productive. Then I took it for a spin! I figured that I would need to replace both motors and gearboxes anyways, and a rear axle replacement would be too much extra. I ordered 2 replacement gearboxes and motors from Taz11 in the last few days. After the new parts are installed, I'll stay off of this one.

Here are some pictures and a video of it.

Little Tikes Hummer H2 - Grown Man Driving - "First Run" - by Chris Hozian - 2010/08/13

And yes, my Rubbermaid mailbox is duct taped together because someone purposely smashed it. And no, I'm not intoxicated or on any drugs. LOL!

Chris Hozian

"We may one day have both fame and fortune, and learn that neither is basic for true success and complete happiness." ~The New Era, August 1989, pages 4-5.

12V PW Lightning McQueen @ 18V :: 12V PW Red Harley-Davidson Motorcycle @ 18V :: 12V Peg Jeep Apache @ 18V :: Super 6 PW CAT Tough Loader @ 12V :: Super 6 PW Firerock Jeep Wrangler @ 12V :: Super 6 PW Ford F-150 @ 12V :: 6V PW Dora Get Set Go-Kart @ 12V :: 6V Rand Spider-Man Lil Quad @ 12V :: 6V PW Dora Lil Quad (Sold) :: 12V Dumar Yamaha Raptor 660R Quad :: Super 6 PW Barbie Trail Rider Quad :: 12V Yellow Peg John Deere Worksite Gator :: 12V Green Peg John Deere Worksite Gator :: 12V PW Classic Chrome Harley-Davidson Motorcycle (Sold) :: 12V Little Tikes Hummer H2 (Sold) :: 12V PW Ford Mustang :: 12V PW Chevy Silverado 1500 (Traded) :: 12V PW Barbie Cruisin' Tunes Jeep :: 6V PW Barbie Blitz Lil Wrangler 4x4 Jeep :: 6V PW Hot Wheels Lil Wrangler 4x4 Jeep (Sold)

Edited by - chozian on 08/23/2010 11:00:05

chozian
Expert Modder

Meridianville
AL (35759)
USA

631 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2010 :  19:03:01  Show Profile  Visit chozian's Homepage
I sold this for $134 with battery and charger this evening. I was supposed to get $139, but both the buyer and I miscounted the funds. I didn't realize it until I got home. It's no big deal though. I had put about $34 in replacement parts to get it fixed up. So, I made about a $100 profit off of it. I'm really happy with that.

Chris Hozian

"We may one day have both fame and fortune, and learn that neither is basic for true success and complete happiness." ~The New Era, August 1989, pages 4-5.

12V PW Lightning McQueen @ 18V :: 12V PW Red Harley-Davidson Motorcycle @ 18V :: 12V Peg Jeep Apache @ 18V :: Super 6 PW CAT Tough Loader @ 12V :: Super 6 PW Firerock Jeep Wrangler @ 12V :: Super 6 PW Ford F-150 @ 12V :: 6V PW Dora Get Set Go-Kart @ 12V :: 6V Rand Spider-Man Lil Quad @ 12V :: 6V PW Dora Lil Quad (Sold) :: 12V Dumar Yamaha Raptor 660R Quad :: Super 6 PW Barbie Trail Rider Quad :: 12V Yellow Peg John Deere Worksite Gator :: 12V Green Peg John Deere Worksite Gator :: 12V PW Classic Chrome Harley-Davidson Motorcycle (Sold) :: 12V Little Tikes Hummer H2 (Sold) :: 12V PW Ford Mustang :: 12V PW Chevy Silverado 1500 (Traded) :: 12V PW Barbie Cruisin' Tunes Jeep :: 6V PW Barbie Blitz Lil Wrangler 4x4 Jeep :: 6V PW Hot Wheels Lil Wrangler 4x4 Jeep (Sold)

Edited by - chozian on 12/07/2010 07:51:15
Go to Top of Page

logic

1 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2010 :  12:26:29  Show Profile  Visit logic's Homepage
Very cool.
I just picked up a Yellow one just like it.

It doesnt have a battery,so I plan to add 3 red 6volts.
Is that what you did? and does the existing wire in the hummer have to be replaced?

I plan to look tonight at the motors and gears...is there anyway that I can tell if they work without a battery?

Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

chozian
Expert Modder

Meridianville
AL (35759)
USA

631 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2010 :  12:46:43  Show Profile  Visit chozian's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by logic

Very cool.
I just picked up a Yellow one just like it.

It doesnt have a battery,so I plan to add 3 red 6volts.
Is that what you did? and does the existing wire in the hummer have to be replaced?

I plan to look tonight at the motors and gears...is there anyway that I can tell if they work without a battery?

Thanks!

I left mine at 12V. If I recall correctly, the wiring is 14ga. You shouldn't need to upgrade the wiring to bump it to 18V.

You'll need a battery to test the motors. In order to test the gearboxes without a battery, you can spin the rear wheels to listen for any grinding or clicking noises. Though, that only partially tests them. You would need them to be under load in order to fully test them.

Chris Hozian

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: