These forums are archived!
Please create a new account at our new forums here: http://forum.modifiedpowerwheels.com
ModifiedPowerWheels.com powerwheels upgrades, peg-perego and others very welcome

Specializing in Peg Perego and Power Wheels Parts and Machines
Udemy Course
Home | My Files | Profile | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | RSS allows you to view new posts anywhere!!
 All Forums
 Personal Stuff - Introductions, forsale, reviews!
 Reviews
 What is the best Gaucho
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Hamiltondeer
Journeyman Modder

Palatine
IL
USA

154 Posts

Posted - 07/30/2010 :  21:21:05  Show Profile
I found a new adventura for $319. The super 24v for $849. Rockin for $589.

I really have my heart set on the John Deere off road 4x4 version.
$450 for a used one in Seattle.LOL

Which model had the least amount of problems? which one is the easiest to get parts for?

Or we can get really crazy here and purchase the new 24 volt Superpower coming out in September for $943 including shipping.

Is the gaucho that more superior to my sons power wheels enforcer (not the junior either)?

Brent

dasilva100
Journeyman Modder

Kitchener
ON
Canada

445 Posts

Posted - 07/31/2010 :  02:18:38  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Hamiltondeer

Is the gaucho that more superior to my sons power wheels enforcer (not the junior either)?

Absolutely. Peg perego is way much better than fisher price... Also the gaucho has some aditional cool features like adjustable seats, horn, pinion steering, real drum brakes (older models), rear suspension, etc...

In my opinion the Grande, Silver, rock'in and John deere are the best... They are basically the same but different colors and accesories... I think is the easiest to find parts for. I would give an extra point to the rockin for the FM radio but it doesn't have the rear net.
The super power is cool but too expensive and the circuit board is garbage... I think with a different controller it would be the PW "rolls royce" I love its gearboxes and tires. It has radio, lights... If you have deep pockets wait for the new superpower (I didn't know about it) to check if they improved it...(please post a review if you do it)
I'd love to have a high torque but is almost impossible to find (at the right price) and even more dificult to find the gearboxes for it.
The smaller ones like the A151, sport are also cool and I love the traction bands on them but the tires are smaller. Also the apache has smaller tires (14") but same body.
The 4.0 is smaller and it is not soo common so I think is harder to find parts for it. As I now, the adventura is not a gaucho...

I don't know how much are you willing to pay for a gaucho, but my advice is if you are patient, and spend some time searching (and you are willing to drive far away) you can find great deals on gauchos for around 50 to 100. The most I have paid for a gaucho is 120 for a like new condition silver with good battery and charger.

Have you seen this post before? It's very usefull:
http://www.modifiedpowerwheels.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=14454&SearchTerms=gaucho
Go to Top of Page

budule
Journeyman Modder

186 Posts

Posted - 07/31/2010 :  03:42:28  Show Profile
Superpowers work really well at 36 volts.....plus those Styrofoam tires are the best imo....
Go to Top of Page

blake711
Advanced Modder

Skiatook
OK
USA

2622 Posts

Posted - 07/31/2010 :  06:29:52  Show Profile
Where is the info about new Gaucho being released? EDIT looks like there is one for 2k10 SWEET http://global.pegperego.com/toys-catalog/Gaucho+Superpower/

I had read that Peg was doing away with jeep styles and going more 4wheeler and ATV. I know its a modder sin to pay fullprice buy my kids are only young once. I think I may need this for Christmas. I mean my daughter and son.

As to the best gaucho? Its the one you have in your garage

I am also wanting a JD Version but even for a JD nut in mint condition I can't see paying over 200-250. They are smoking asking 400+

Please sign up at new version of forum at http://forum.modifiedpowerwheels.com/
complexity is the enemy of reliability

Edited by - blake711 on 07/31/2010 06:54:24
Go to Top of Page

dasilva100
Journeyman Modder

Kitchener
ON
Canada

445 Posts

Posted - 07/31/2010 :  07:37:16  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by blake711

As to the best gaucho? Its the one you have in your garage

Which one?

Insert Image:
Go to Top of Page

blake711
Advanced Modder

Skiatook
OK
USA

2622 Posts

Posted - 07/31/2010 :  07:56:54  Show Profile
Dasilva you know Gluttony is a sin right? Share the love of the gauchos with those of us less fortunate that can use them. The bigger sin is putting a freaking pink barbie on a Gaucho. That is unspeakable.

Please sign up at new version of forum at http://forum.modifiedpowerwheels.com/
complexity is the enemy of reliability
Go to Top of Page

dasilva100
Journeyman Modder

Kitchener
ON
Canada

445 Posts

Posted - 07/31/2010 :  10:39:11  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by blake711

Dasilva you know Gluttony is a sin right? Share the love of the gauchos with those of us less fortunate that can use them. The bigger sin is putting a freaking pink barbie on a Gaucho. That is unspeakable.

Yes I know and I'm trying to share: I have sold 3 of 9... but I'm still hungry...
One day I just opened the garage and I found barbie jeep on the gaucho ... I couldn't pardon her so I sold her....
Go to Top of Page

Hamiltondeer
Journeyman Modder

Palatine
IL
USA

154 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2010 :  20:46:20  Show Profile
I thought I was speaking to all the PW & Preggy gearheads. I thought you would definitely be opinionated. Are you not???

Brent
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: