These forums are archived!
Please create a new account at our new forums here: http://forum.modifiedpowerwheels.com
ModifiedPowerWheels.com powerwheels upgrades, peg-perego and others very welcome

Specializing in Peg Perego and Power Wheels Parts and Machines
Udemy Course
Home | My Files | Profile | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | RSS allows you to view new posts anywhere!!
 All Forums
 Personal Stuff - Introductions, forsale, reviews!
 Projects Pages! (blogs?)
 Present Day Bigfoot
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

the gambler
Senior Modder

Jacksonville
Florida
USA

1437 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2010 :  19:34:06  Show Profile
Its a shame Power Wheels doesn't make Bigfoot anymore, so i've decided to make my own in its recent form.

I'll be using a roughed up Lil F150

46.17 KB
This will be the look i'm going for.

36.61 KB

39.7 KB
I tore it down and fixed some chalky areas with a heat gun and then painted the body white.

34.12 KB
I used blue painters tape and drew the design on it and cut it out with an zacto knife

34.56 KB

42.22 KB
It has some work to be done on it that you can't really see in the pic but this is all paint no decals.

45.34 KB

Firerock , Gator , Bigfoot,Lil Wrangler, Army Hummer, Big Jake , Sarge Army Jeep ,JSO Police Hummer ,BACKDRAFT Monster Truck,Present Day Bigfoot

blake711
Advanced Modder

Skiatook
OK
USA

2622 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2010 :  19:56:05  Show Profile
very nice work so far gambler. You always have some of the most creative stuff that looks great when its done. Not to mention you use some of the most beat up vehicles to start with.

Please sign up at new version of forum at http://forum.modifiedpowerwheels.com/
complexity is the enemy of reliability
Go to Top of Page

Taz11
Advanced Modder

Bloomsbury (08804)
NJ

3739 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2010 :  20:30:56  Show Profile
Ok...you have my attention. Looks like a great start. What kind of wheels?

Drive it like you stole it!........out of somebody's garbage!
Go to Top of Page

the gambler
Senior Modder

Jacksonville
Florida
USA

1437 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2010 :  20:34:25  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Taz11

Ok...you have my attention. Looks like a great start. What kind of wheels?

Thanks, Bigfoot wheels like this

Insert Image:

Firerock , Gator , Bigfoot,Lil Wrangler, Army Hummer, Big Jake , Sarge Army Jeep ,JSO Police Hummer ,BACKDRAFT Monster Truck,Present Day Bigfoot

Go to Top of Page

eclipsed95
Journeyman Modder

Romney
WV
USA

167 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2010 :  20:53:47  Show Profile
Looks cool! Good luck with it.

About 20 of these things and counting!

Yeah, it's a little addicting.....
Go to Top of Page

77ddt
Journeyman Modder

Washington
IL
USA

288 Posts

Posted - 07/19/2010 :  04:15:55  Show Profile
Great idea! Very anxious to see how this one turns out. Looks like you are off to a good start.

Dave

Go to Top of Page

Modmom32
Expert Modder

Cookeville
Tennessee
USA

830 Posts

Posted - 07/19/2010 :  18:37:20  Show Profile  Visit Modmom32's Homepage
I thought about this too, but at the time only had one and it was converted into a ranger racing truck stock height. Big tires and a lift on this would stand out and its easy to upgrade... Gotta love that lil f150. Now I have 2 but I am selling the unmodified one as is...Good luck I want to see this as well. The truck you picked is one of my sons favorite on his moster truck game. i am using another bigfoot paintjob on te bigfoot I have. Seriously

*arctic Shark snowmobile (beng modified again, scooter) but works!
*indianaJones Harley *desert bike *desert Challenger street bike *saftey 1st Chopper *SF viper*Herbie fully loaded via remote 12v....18v if lucky *gravedigger *mx350 *john deer tractor( still his favorite) *blue flame bigfoot *A151 * qty 2 twin 700* mx3 trike n 2 powerrider nascars (DALE SR n used to be #24 now General Lee) SOLD> 12v herbie
AMY
Go to Top of Page

the gambler
Senior Modder

Jacksonville
Florida
USA

1437 Posts

Posted - 07/31/2010 :  16:16:02  Show Profile
Ok heres some more progress.

I redone the hood because I was unhapppy with the first outcome, looks muck better now.

65.27 KB

I made stencils for the letters by printing it out on a regular sheet of paper.....

22.79 KB

And then with a glue stick I glued painters tape to the back of it. Than I just simply cut them out and stuck them on.

22.53 KB

Well so far i'm happy with how it's turning out, stay tuned for more.

44 KB

46.28 KB
Go to Top of Page

chozian
Expert Modder

Meridianville
AL (35759)
USA

631 Posts

Posted - 07/31/2010 :  16:43:58  Show Profile  Visit chozian's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by the gambler

Ok heres some more progress.

I redone the hood because I was unhapppy with the first outcome, looks muck better now.

I made stencils for the letters by printing it out on a regular sheet of paper.....

And then with a glue stick I glued painters tape to the back of it. Than I just simply cut them out and stuck them on.

Well so far i'm happy with how it's turning out, stay tuned for more.

Wow! This is looking great! Bigfoot has always been one of my favorites.

Chris Hozian

"We may one day have both fame and fortune, and learn that neither is basic for true success and complete happiness." ~The New Era, August 1989, pages 4-5.

12V PW Lightning McQueen @ 18V :: 12V PW Red Harley-Davidson Motorcycle @ 18V :: 12V Peg Jeep Apache @ 18V :: Super 6 PW CAT Tough Loader @ 12V :: Super 6 PW Firerock Jeep Wrangler @ 12V :: Super 6 PW Ford F-150 @ 12V :: 6V PW Dora Get Set Go-Kart @ 12V :: 6V Rand Spider-Man Lil Quad @ 12V :: 6V PW Dora Lil Quad (Sold) :: 12V Dumar Yamaha Raptor 660R Quad :: Super 6 PW Barbie Trail Rider Quad :: 12V Yellow Peg John Deere Worksite Gator :: 12V Green Peg John Deere Worksite Gator :: 12V PW Classic Chrome Harley-Davidson Motorcycle (Sold) :: 12V Little Tikes Hummer H2 (Sold) :: 12V PW Ford Mustang :: 12V PW Chevy Silverado 1500 (Traded) :: 12V PW Barbie Cruisin' Tunes Jeep :: 6V PW Barbie Blitz Lil Wrangler 4x4 Jeep :: 6V PW Hot Wheels Lil Wrangler 4x4 Jeep (Sold)
Go to Top of Page

blake711
Advanced Modder

Skiatook
OK
USA

2622 Posts

Posted - 07/31/2010 :  16:50:30  Show Profile
Yup it looks better that truck is coming together nicely.

Go to Top of Page

Modmom32
Expert Modder

Cookeville
Tennessee
USA

830 Posts

Posted - 07/31/2010 :  17:08:51  Show Profile  Visit Modmom32's Homepage
Very nice... question? the paper/tape are now decals or, just stensils for paint? It looks fantastic

*indianaJones Harley *desert bike *desert Challenger street bike *saftey 1st Chopper *SF viper*Herbie fully loaded via remote 12v....18v if lucky *gravedigger *mx350 *john deer tractor( still his favorite) *blue flame bigfoot *A151 * qty 2 twin 700* mx3 trike n 2 powerrider nascars (DALE SR n used to be #24 now General Lee) SOLD> 12v herbie
AMY
Go to Top of Page

the gambler
Senior Modder

Jacksonville
Florida
USA

1437 Posts

Posted - 07/31/2010 :  17:34:09  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Modmom32

Very nice... question? the paper/tape are now decals or, just stensils for paint? It looks fantastic

Just stencils, I painted over them and then peeled them off.

Go to Top of Page

Modmom32
Expert Modder

Cookeville
Tennessee
USA

830 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2010 :  13:03:17  Show Profile  Visit Modmom32's Homepage
nice trick!!!!! looks great

AMY
Go to Top of Page

the gambler
Senior Modder

Jacksonville
Florida
USA

1437 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2010 :  14:25:10  Show Profile
Here's the other side showing the stencils before and after paint.

48.7 KB
Here I have peeled off the O,N, and E.

34.26 KB

Go to Top of Page

the gambler
Senior Modder

Jacksonville
Florida
USA

1437 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2010 :  18:51:30  Show Profile
A little more painting done

44.28 KB

49.13 KB

54.95 KB

Go to Top of Page

jparthum
Senior Modder

(77627) Nederland
Texas
USA

2272 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2010 :  20:49:32  Show Profile
Wow, that's a really heavy duty throttle pedal you installed!

Lookin great Gambler!

(pics link to threads)

Fast, Reliable, and Cheap... Pick any two.
Go to Top of Page

chozian
Expert Modder

Meridianville
AL (35759)
USA

631 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2010 :  07:19:28  Show Profile  Visit chozian's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by jparthum

Wow, that's a really heavy duty throttle pedal you installed!

Lookin great Gambler!

Hah! That made me LOL once I realized what you were talking about.

Chris Hozian

"We may one day have both fame and fortune, and learn that neither is basic for true success and complete happiness." ~The New Era, August 1989, pages 4-5.

12V PW Lightning McQueen @ 18V :: 12V PW Red Harley-Davidson Motorcycle @ 18V :: 12V Peg Jeep Apache @ 18V :: Super 6 PW CAT Tough Loader @ 12V :: Super 6 PW Firerock Jeep Wrangler @ 12V :: Super 6 PW Ford F-150 @ 12V :: 6V PW Dora Get Set Go-Kart @ 12V :: 6V Rand Spider-Man Lil Quad @ 12V :: 6V PW Dora Lil Quad (Sold) :: 12V Dumar Yamaha Raptor 660R Quad :: Super 6 PW Barbie Trail Rider Quad :: 12V Yellow Peg John Deere Worksite Gator :: 12V Green Peg John Deere Worksite Gator :: 12V PW Classic Chrome Harley-Davidson Motorcycle (Sold) :: 12V Little Tikes Hummer H2 (Sold) :: 12V PW Ford Mustang :: 12V PW Chevy Silverado 1500 (Traded) :: 12V PW Barbie Cruisin' Tunes Jeep :: 6V PW Barbie Blitz Lil Wrangler 4x4 Jeep :: 6V PW Hot Wheels Lil Wrangler 4x4 Jeep (Sold)
Go to Top of Page

Modmom32
Expert Modder

Cookeville
Tennessee
USA

830 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2010 :  20:20:08  Show Profile  Visit Modmom32's Homepage
So, did you really think it was a throttle pedal? if so be honest....i want to laugh to. not over-welmingly just a little. AHHHH too late already laughed, that was cute.. Another wonderful Paint job...

AMY
Go to Top of Page

the gambler
Senior Modder

Jacksonville
Florida
USA

1437 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2010 :  18:51:36  Show Profile

Decided it needed to be lifted up some since it was a monster truck.
I used some electrical boxes on the back axle I believe I saw someone else do that on here before.

64 KB
Changed out the front axles to some longer quad ones and cut them down to length. Used some plastic tubing on it to lift it up it the front, we'll see how well that works out.

53.25 KB

67.87 KB

Go to Top of Page

murderedjeep
Apprentice Modder

St. Cloud (34769)
Fl
USA

56 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2010 :  18:18:17  Show Profile
That is very impressive. great job

GO BIG OR GO HOME
flatbed dually http://www.modifiedpowerwheels.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=18998
Go to Top of Page

blake711
Advanced Modder

Skiatook
OK
USA

2622 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2010 :  19:02:30  Show Profile
Did you have any of the Quad bushings laying around? Those may work better as spacers. Add a little more support possibly?

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: