These forums are archived!
Please create a new account at our new forums here: http://forum.modifiedpowerwheels.com
ModifiedPowerWheels.com powerwheels upgrades, peg-perego and others very welcome

Specializing in Peg Perego and Power Wheels Parts and Machines
Udemy Course
Home | My Files | Profile | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | RSS allows you to view new posts anywhere!!
 All Forums
 Personal Stuff - Introductions, forsale, reviews!
 Projects Pages! (blogs?)
 chozian's 6V Rand Spider-Man Lil Quad Project
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

chozian
Expert Modder

Meridianville
AL (35759)
USA

631 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2010 :  11:24:49  Show Profile  Visit chozian's Homepage
I came across a Spider-Man Lil Quad sitting on the front porch of the Downtown Rescue Mission Thrift Store down the road from me. They wanted only $5.99 for it. It seemed to be in great condition. Some of the stickers have peeled off and the battery appears to be dead, but mechanically it is fine.

I noticed that this Lil Quad is made by Rand, not Power Wheels. Instead of the gearbox powering both rear wheels, this one powers only the rear right wheel. The gearbox is located next to the wheel on the outside. The steering seems a lot tighter than a stock Dora Lil Quad. There is a metal bracket going between the two axles for added support. The steering rod seems a little longer than on the Dora Lil Quad. The circular piece of plastic that the steering rod goes through on the Dora Lil Quad does not exist on this one. Also, there is a rubber traction strip built into each of the tires. I like the way the Spider-Man Lil Quad is set up, except for the fact that the gearbox is a good bit noisier than the one on the Dora Lil Quad.

I used Saw's Lil Quad picture for reference when modifying the webbing of the seat to allow a 12V 12Ah battery to fit. Here is Saw's reference picture.

Here is a video of my son and daughter riding the Spider-Man Lil Quad together on 12V.

Chris Hozian

"We may one day have both fame and fortune, and learn that neither is basic for true success and complete happiness." ~The New Era, August 1989, pages 4-5.

12V PW Lightning McQueen @ 18V :: 12V PW Red Harley-Davidson Motorcycle @ 18V :: 12V Peg Jeep Apache @ 18V :: Super 6 PW CAT Tough Loader @ 12V :: Super 6 PW Firerock Jeep Wrangler @ 12V :: Super 6 PW Ford F-150 @ 12V :: 6V PW Dora Get Set Go-Kart @ 12V :: 6V Rand Spider-Man Lil Quad @ 12V :: 6V PW Dora Lil Quad (Sold) :: 12V Dumar Yamaha Raptor 660R Quad :: Super 6 PW Barbie Trail Rider Quad :: 12V Yellow Peg John Deere Worksite Gator :: 12V Green Peg John Deere Worksite Gator :: 12V PW Classic Chrome Harley-Davidson Motorcycle (Sold) :: 12V Little Tikes Hummer H2 (Sold) :: 12V PW Ford Mustang :: 12V PW Chevy Silverado 1500 (Traded) :: 12V PW Barbie Cruisin' Tunes Jeep :: 6V PW Barbie Blitz Lil Wrangler 4x4 Jeep :: 6V PW Hot Wheels Lil Wrangler 4x4 Jeep (Sold)

Edited by - chozian on 07/15/2010 08:13:41

blake711
Advanced Modder

Skiatook
OK
USA

2622 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2010 :  11:52:22  Show Profile
can you get a photo of underneath the steering on this vs the pw lil quad steering?

Please sign up at new version of forum at http://forum.modifiedpowerwheels.com/
complexity is the enemy of reliability
Go to Top of Page

chozian
Expert Modder

Meridianville
AL (35759)
USA

631 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2010 :  17:40:52  Show Profile  Visit chozian's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by blake711

can you get a photo of underneath the steering on this vs the pw lil quad steering?

Sure! Here they are.

I hope this helps!

Chris Hozian

"We may one day have both fame and fortune, and learn that neither is basic for true success and complete happiness." ~The New Era, August 1989, pages 4-5.

12V PW Lightning McQueen @ 18V :: 12V PW Red Harley-Davidson Motorcycle @ 18V :: 12V Peg Jeep Apache @ 18V :: Super 6 PW CAT Tough Loader @ 12V :: Super 6 PW Firerock Jeep Wrangler @ 12V :: Super 6 PW Ford F-150 @ 12V :: 6V PW Dora Get Set Go-Kart @ 12V :: 6V Rand Spider-Man Lil Quad @ 12V :: 6V PW Dora Lil Quad (Sold) :: 12V Dumar Yamaha Raptor 660R Quad :: Super 6 PW Barbie Trail Rider Quad :: 12V Yellow Peg John Deere Worksite Gator :: 12V Green Peg John Deere Worksite Gator :: 12V PW Classic Chrome Harley-Davidson Motorcycle (Sold) :: 12V Little Tikes Hummer H2 (Sold) :: 12V PW Ford Mustang :: 12V PW Chevy Silverado 1500 (Traded) :: 12V PW Barbie Cruisin' Tunes Jeep :: 6V PW Barbie Blitz Lil Wrangler 4x4 Jeep :: 6V PW Hot Wheels Lil Wrangler 4x4 Jeep (Sold)
Go to Top of Page

chozian
Expert Modder

Meridianville
AL (35759)
USA

631 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2010 :  18:13:51  Show Profile  Visit chozian's Homepage

I forgot to mention that the pictures in my previous reply were of the Rand Spider-Man Lil Quad.

Pictures of the steering components on Power Wheels Lil Quads are available at http://www.modifiedpowerwheels.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3040. If those are not sufficient, please let me know. I can post additional pictures of the steering parts on our Dora Lil Quad if necessary.

Chris Hozian

Go to Top of Page

blake711
Advanced Modder

Skiatook
OK
USA

2622 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2010 :  18:41:41  Show Profile
No that is great I have some lil quads and was just wondering what was different between the pw and others. The metal brace being the main diffrence I see. Also did the steering come assembled with bolts instead of rivets or did you upgrade to bolts?

Please sign up at new version of forum at http://forum.modifiedpowerwheels.com/
complexity is the enemy of reliability
Go to Top of Page

chozian
Expert Modder

Meridianville
AL (35759)
USA

631 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2010 :  18:46:50  Show Profile  Visit chozian's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by blake711

No that is great I have some lil quads and was just wondering what was different between the pw and others. The metal brace being the main diffrence I see. Also did the steering come assembled with bolts instead of rivets or did you upgrade to bolts?

The steering came assembled with bolts instead of rivets.

Chris Hozian

Go to Top of Page

chozian
Expert Modder

Meridianville
AL (35759)
USA

631 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2010 :  19:10:25  Show Profile  Visit chozian's Homepage

Here are pictures of the actual seat that I modified to accommodate a 12V 12Ah battery. It seems to fit perfect.

Chris Hozian

Go to Top of Page

chozian
Expert Modder

Meridianville
AL (35759)
USA

631 Posts

Posted - 12/23/2010 :  16:34:51  Show Profile  Visit chozian's Homepage
All new posts for this project will be made at http://forum.modifiedpowerwheels.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=152.

Chris Hozian

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: