These forums are archived!
Please create a new account at our new forums here: http://forum.modifiedpowerwheels.com
ModifiedPowerWheels.com powerwheels upgrades, peg-perego and others very welcome

Specializing in Peg Perego and Power Wheels Parts and Machines
Udemy Course
Home | My Files | Profile | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | RSS allows you to view new posts anywhere!!
 All Forums
 Modifications by Category
 Pimp it out
 UPDATE#3: GRAVE DIGGER *stereo pics*
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

junk cars

Txk
TX

42 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2010 :  17:52:43  Show Profile
My son and I have been customizing this old Chevy Silverado for the last month or so. This is the most current pic i have. I have stripped all the stickers off since then and we plan to paint it blue w/white flames. I've been lurking MPW for a couple months and i though yall would like to see her. Any comments are welcomed! I already need some gear box parts if anyone has some used ones

6.26 KB that still work. thanks

cut it up.

Edited by - junk cars on 12/24/2010 14:21:48

junk cars

Txk
TX

42 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2010 :  17:54:15  Show Profile
I dont know much about computers so all i can get is that small pic. If anyone can tell me how to make em bigger feel free to let me know.

cut it up.
Go to Top of Page

aztracks
Journeyman Modder

Chandler
Arizona
USA

118 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2010 :  17:21:43  Show Profile
Try using Pixlr.

Go to pixlr.com (no need to load anything), choose pixlr editor, "open image from your computer", then navigate to your photo.

Then choose image -> image size -> and slide it larger (or smaller).

Save the file and then you have a resized photo to post.

F-150:
'94 Super Sound Jeep Sand Blaster : http://www.modifiedpowerwheels.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=17274
Go to Top of Page

sleepy23
Journeyman Modder

Maryville
TN

495 Posts

Posted - 06/23/2010 :  04:31:35  Show Profile
That's one tall ride.

Mustang GTR: http://www.modifiedpowerwheels.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=16343
F-150 Super Snake: http://www.modifiedpowerwheels.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=16824
F150 Raptor: http://www.modifiedpowerwheels.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=18071
Go to Top of Page

sssrip
Journeyman Modder

Churchton
MD
USA

170 Posts

Posted - 06/23/2010 :  04:46:29  Show Profile  Send sssrip a Yahoo! Message
Looks great.
Would love to see a picture with your child next to it so we could get a size reference.

Thanks.

Super6 Fire Truck
Gator
Big Jake
Cat Skid Steer
Go to Top of Page

junk cars

Txk
TX

42 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2010 :  14:07:09  Show Profile
Thanks for the comments & help yall. I'll work on getting some reference pics w/the kiddos.

8.53 KB

aztracks: I resized this pic on pixlr like you said. So i could make it under the 100kb limit. Then when it uploaded i read that it was only 8.53kb?? Am i still doing something wrong for getting bigger pics on here?

cut it up.
Go to Top of Page

aztracks
Journeyman Modder

Chandler
Arizona
USA

118 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2010 :  00:46:21  Show Profile
Not sure exactly what happened but try this:

When you save it with pixlr, make sure that you are saving it as a jpg.
When you go to save it and select the file type as jpg, there will also be a slider that allows you to adjust the compression quality. It also shows you how big the final file is so you can adjust the quality to make sure the file is small enough to meet the 100k limit.

F-150:
'94 Super Sound Jeep Sand Blaster : http://www.modifiedpowerwheels.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=17274
Go to Top of Page

madforce
Apprentice Modder

South College Station :)
TX
USA

65 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2010 :  08:43:16  Show Profile
Why not just upload the photos to photobucket.com, then paste the link in your message? Photobucket even copies the link for you...really couldn't be any easier.
Go to Top of Page

madforce
Apprentice Modder

TX
USA

65 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2010 :  08:44:10  Show Profile
BTW, is this driveable, and if so, aren't you worried about a tip over? Seems like a good way to break a wrist or arm on a tip over.
Go to Top of Page

junk cars

Txk
TX

42 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2010 :  13:58:49  Show Profile
I'll try again w/Pixlr and w/Photobucket when i get new pics. Thanks again for the help guys! All i know how to do is work w/metal and i guess it shows on the computer lol.

madforce: i was rather concerned about the tip-over issue before i built it because i knew how high i wanted it and my son drives kinda crazy too so i made it 5" wider and stretched the wheelbase 4". That seems to help out the issue a lot. Since it only has plastic wheels it dosent have the ability to get into very rough terrain from traction loss. I swapped the stock battery for a full size car battery so it drives faster than stock w/2kids in it. The combination of height/weight/speed has gotten to the point of being more dangerous than a stocker so i keep an eye on the rig and make sure the kiddos can "drive" it before they get to actually drive it. Kinda like passing a driving test.

cut it up.
Go to Top of Page

junk cars

Txk
TX

42 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2010 :  14:00:55  Show Profile
I have a short video of the rig on my phone if anyone wants to let me know the easy way to get it on here. Any help would be appreciated.

cut it up.
Go to Top of Page

aztracks
Journeyman Modder

Chandler
Arizona
USA

118 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2010 :  23:25:17  Show Profile
Not sure if I can help or not with the video but can you provide some detail about what kind of phone it's on and what file type it is and maybe someone can help. My first guess would be that you should try emailing it to yourself but it might be too big.

Regarding photobucket, it's fine but photobucket is blocked at my work so I don't get to see any of those photos from work

F-150:
Go to Top of Page

808papa

Ka'a'awa
Hawaii
USA

22 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2010 :  20:40:02  Show Profile
Nice Truck Man good job
Go to Top of Page

junk cars

Txk
TX

42 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2010 :  08:35:11  Show Profile
Ok I sent the video to my email and apparently it is a ".3g2" video. Whatever that means. And my Windows Media Player wont play it. I have Verizon service.

I have a local airbrush artist stopping by today to get me a price together on getting it painted.

808: thanks alot.

cut it up.
Go to Top of Page

madforce
Apprentice Modder

TX
USA

65 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2010 :  18:47:01  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by junk cars

Ok I sent the video to my email and apparently it is a ".3g2" video. Whatever that means. And my Windows Media Player wont play it. I have Verizon service.

I have a local airbrush artist stopping by today to get me a price together on getting it painted.

808: thanks alot.

1. download QuickTime Player & play .3g2 file in this player
http://www.apple.com/quicktime/

2. download VisiCrop & convert .3g2 to .avi for playing in Windows Media Player
http://www.visifly.com/VisiCrop/
Go to Top of Page

junk cars

Txk
TX

42 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2010 :  10:57:36  Show Profile
Thanks MADFORCE i got the video to play on my computer using Quicktime! Now if anyone can tell me how to get it on here we'll be set. Thanks once again for the help guys!

cut it up.
Go to Top of Page

Divinar

San Jose 95123
CA
USA

3057 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2010 :  11:09:39  Show Profile
quote:

Thanks MADFORCE i got the video to play on my computer using Quicktime! Now if anyone can tell me how to get it on here we'll be set. Thanks once again for the help guys!

Post it to Youtube.com, let THEM deal with the format, then use the [ youtube ] and [ / youtube ] tags (without the spaces)

Escalade (Rubber tires, LED lights, Key switch, Remote Kill, wings. Wings?)
Lil Wrangler (2WD, 12v, Lights), Dora Jeep (Super-6 @ 12v, lights), Jeep Enforcer turned Aftershock (18v, WIP),
Grape Gaucho A151 (24v, scooter controller, WIP)
KFX Quad (Remote Kill), Crushmeister! (Silverado), Limited Edition Jeep (Stock)
Kawasaki Mojave 250 (Stock), PP Gator (Lights), Home Depot Loader, Lightning McQueen (Stock)
Go to Top of Page

junk cars

Txk
TX

42 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2010 :  13:29:17  Show Profile
OK guys here is a link to the Youtube video of Monster Wheels. Many thanks to DIVINAR for the idea.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7ELiVrw3fQ

cut it up.
Go to Top of Page

madforce
Apprentice Modder

TX
USA

65 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2010 :  08:07:03  Show Profile
What, no thanks for me for telling you how to view the video on your computer, or how to convert it to an .avi?
Go to Top of Page

junk cars

Txk
TX

42 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2010 :  08:01:03  Show Profile
Oops. THANKS also to MADFORCE for the tech tips on video format conversion!

cut it up.
Go to Top of Page

junk cars

Txk
TX

42 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2010 :  11:33:06  Show Profile
another pic

47.84 KB

cut it up.
Go to Top of Page

junk cars

Txk
TX

42 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2010 :  12:20:21  Show Profile

62.18 KB

cut it up.
Go to Top of Page

Divinar

San Jose 95123
CA
USA

3057 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2010 :  21:53:35  Show Profile
quote:

62.18 KB

I think you've spent too much money on Power Wheels - buy those boys some CLOTHES!

Lil Wrangler (2WD, 12v, Lights), Dora Jeep (Super-6 @ 12v, lights), Jeep Enforcer turned Aftershock (18v, WIP),
Kawasaki Mojave 250 (Stock), PP Gator (Lights), Home Depot Loader, Lightning McQueen (Stock)
Go to Top of Page

junk cars

Txk
TX

42 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2010 :  07:29:33  Show Profile
lol

cut it up.
Go to Top of Page

MustangFreak
Senior Modder

San Antonio
Texas
USA

1221 Posts

Posted - 07/19/2010 :  00:12:32  Show Profile  Visit MustangFreak's Homepage  Send MustangFreak a Yahoo! Message
quote:

...I swapped the stock battery for a full size car battery so it drives faster than stock w/2kids in it....

Nobody caught this? Car Battery = Bad Idea.

Besides the battery, nice job. That thing looks huge.

I'm not an addict, addicts have the potential to quit.

Edited by - MustangFreak on 07/19/2010 00:13:10
Go to Top of Page

junk cars

Txk
TX

42 Posts

Posted - 07/19/2010 :  17:28:55  Show Profile

Why is it such a bad idea? Will it burn the motors up that much sooner than say.. a motorcycle battery?

This is the 1st PWs that i've ever put an actual car battery in so if you veteran modders out there want to throw me some advice I would welcome it!

Thanks MustangFreak

cut it up.
Go to Top of Page

Divinar

San Jose 95123
CA
USA

3057 Posts

Posted - 07/19/2010 :  17:39:20  Show Profile
quote:

Why is it such a bad idea? Will it burn the motors up that much sooner than say.. a motorcycle battery?

This is the 1st PWs that i've ever put an actual car battery in so if you veteran modders out there want to throw me some advice I would welcome it!

Thanks MustangFreak

This has caused almost a religious argument at times.
Here's the FAQ for it:
quote:

Can I use a lawnmower/car battery in my PW?

Don't even think about it, it's TOO dangerous! These types of batteries contain acid, and are unsealed. We all know kids and acid don't mix well. There is also the possibility of an explosion with unsealed acid batteries. Hydrogen gas can form above the battery and can be ignited by a spark (say by connecting a wire to the battery terminal). These batteries should never be used for kids ride on toys, there's just too much risk of injury.

Lawnmower/motorcycle batteries are intended to be used at high amperage rates for very short times, not discharged and recharged constantly. The SLA batteries you get from Gruber are made for this type of application, are just as cheap, much safer, and should give much better life/performance than lawnmower batteries.

Edited by - Divinar on 07/19/2010 17:39:34
Go to Top of Page

junk cars

Txk
TX

42 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2010 :  11:11:14  Show Profile
Alright DIVINAR thank you very much. I really hadnt thought about it like that! I'll have another look @the MPW FAQ's.

I cant help but wonder if both problems couldnt be solved w/an OPTIMA battery. They have no fumes, are permanently sealed and are meant to be charged/discharged frequently due to their automotive application...

I think I'll go ahead and take the car battery out of Monster Wheels until I can find a better solution. Dont want to take chances w/Carsons safety! Thanks guys!

cut it up.
Go to Top of Page

junk cars

Txk
TX

42 Posts

Posted - 07/28/2010 :  07:37:45  Show Profile
Well I havent been able to find anyone in my area to airbrush some graphics on the Monster Wheels Chevy. So... we are getting it wrapped. A local wrap shop is hooking it up to look like the monster truck Grave Digger. They are gonna start on it this Friday so we should be able to pick it up early next week.

This is about what it should look like:

3.49 KB

cut it up.
Go to Top of Page

drew510
Senior Modder

Portland
OR

1079 Posts

Posted - 07/28/2010 :  07:51:58  Show Profile
If I might ask, how much is that going to cost?

Finished Projects:
F150 4x4 Off Road turned Oregon State Beavers - http://www.modifiedpowerwheels.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=19323
TRU Bigfoot turned Oregon Ducks: http://www.modifiedpowerwheels.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=14563
Jeep Wrangler (78490) http://www.modifiedpowerwheels.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=11606
Ford F150 (C3493) US MARINES - http://www.modifiedpowerwheels.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=7264
Go to Top of Page

junk cars

Txk
TX

42 Posts

Posted - 07/29/2010 :  08:29:34  Show Profile
Ask away!
The wrap is gonna run $150 for them to design it, print it and put it on.

cut it up.
Go to Top of Page

junk cars

Txk
TX

42 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2010 :  10:46:14  Show Profile
We picked it up this morning. I'm not sure who is more excited about getting it back, me or Carson! lol

enjoy!

40.38 KB

cut it up.
Go to Top of Page

junk cars

Txk
TX

42 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2010 :  11:15:31  Show Profile
Front View

38.54 KB

cut it up.
Go to Top of Page

drew510
Senior Modder

Portland
OR

1079 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2010 :  12:13:46  Show Profile
quote:

Ask away!
The wrap is gonna run $150 for them to design it, print it and put it on.

That is a STEAL!! And it looks fantastic, BTW. So, is the whole thing wrapped or did you paint the black base?

Finished Projects:
F150 4x4 Off Road turned Oregon State Beavers - http://www.modifiedpowerwheels.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=19323
TRU Bigfoot turned Oregon Ducks: http://www.modifiedpowerwheels.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=14563
Jeep Wrangler (78490) http://www.modifiedpowerwheels.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=11606
Ford F150 (C3493) US MARINES - http://www.modifiedpowerwheels.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=7264
Go to Top of Page

junk cars

Txk
TX

42 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2010 :  14:27:43  Show Profile
I thought it was a decent price considering all the work they put into it. The truck was black to start with, but faded to a sort of dark gray. Everything you see on the body is vinyl wrap except for the bumpers, seat, grille, step bars & dash. It is wrapped all the way to the dash, so that we can redo it later on.

If yall are interested, i'll try to get some close up pics.

cut it up.
Go to Top of Page

blake711
Advanced Modder

Skiatook
OK
USA

2622 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2010 :  14:51:55  Show Profile
wow that looks amazing especially for 150

Please sign up at new version of forum at http://forum.modifiedpowerwheels.com/
complexity is the enemy of reliability
Go to Top of Page

junk cars

Txk
TX

42 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2010 :  15:09:40  Show Profile
Detail pics:

32.52 KB

28.88 KB

cut it up.
Go to Top of Page

junk cars

Txk
TX

42 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2010 :  15:14:38  Show Profile
Thanks for the compliments guys! I was starting to think that we would never be able to get graphics for it, but the wrap guys came through big time!

Now I just need to get the framework painted, make a rollbar, install a sound system and get some lights on it. It may never be done! lol

cut it up.
Go to Top of Page

Starwriter
Journeyman Modder

Springfield
OR
USA

131 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2010 :  19:23:46  Show Profile
WOW!!! That's incredible. I noticed that the graphics don't go across the door jam line. So, is that the actual black body showing there? If so, is it possible to completely wrap it 100%? Here's what I'm getting at. I have a silver Silverado that I would love to do that to, but it would look funny if there were silver lines showing at the jams. Is there any chance that the wrap shop can ship me the printed wrap, and I can have a local wrap shop put it on? That way they could recoup some of their expense for laying out the artwork.
Go to Top of Page

Modmom32
Expert Modder

Cookeville
Tennessee
USA

830 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2010 :  20:20:28  Show Profile  Visit Modmom32's Homepage
That is sweet!!!! Nice graphics, wow. I want to clear wrap a couple of mind do grey don't get scratched or fade but you know how it is. I was scared I had hi-jacked an idea. I just read this today and saw how you were going to do blue n white flames originally. I did Ethans Bigfoot with blueglamd design. But I would have loved to see it in a wrap. Fantastic job

*arctic Shark snowmobile (beng modified again, scooter) but works!
*indianaJones Harley *desert bike *desert Challenger street bike *saftey 1st Chopper *SF viper*Herbie fully loaded via remote 12v....18v if lucky *gravedigger *mx350 *john deer tractor( still his favorite) *blue flame bigfoot *A151 * qty 2 twin 700* mx3 trike n 2 powerrider nascars (DALE SR n used to be #24 now General Lee) SOLD> 12v herbie
AMY
Go to Top of Page

CA snakes

escondido
california
USA

20 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2010 :  11:17:45  Show Profile
it does look good
Go to Top of Page

junk cars

Txk
TX

42 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2010 :  17:11:23  Show Profile
Thanks again for the positive feedback guys!

STARWRITER: yes that is the original black Silverado body you see in that low area. I think it is supposed to look like the bed separation on a real Chevy. I should have put that in the description the first time. When i dropped it off I asked the wrap shop if they would be able to get the graphix down into that recess and they told me that they would just have to give it a shot and see. I guess it didnt work out cause it was separated when I picked it up. They did seem to think that a thin strip could be printed to go in there if I didnt like the way it looked. In your case I think I would just scuff it and spray it w/some decent enamel paint & then get it wrapped... but you should probably ask your local wrap shop what they recommend.

I really dont know much about wraps so if yall have questions I'm sure the guys there would be happy to answer them. They were actually quite helpful with this project and answered all my stupid questions about wraps lol. Ask for Cody.

This is their website:

thedigitalwrap.com

cut it up.
Go to Top of Page

junk cars

Txk
TX

42 Posts

Posted - 12/22/2010 :  10:29:40  Show Profile
I decided to pull Grave Digger back into the shop one more time for another round of customizing. Carson said he wanted a few more things on it for a Christmas present so...

updates and pictures coming soon...

cut it up.
Go to Top of Page

junk cars

Txk
TX

42 Posts

Posted - 12/23/2010 :  17:12:20  Show Profile
Clear Box. two 6x9s

5.44 KB

cut it up.
Go to Top of Page

chozian
Expert Modder

Meridianville
AL (35759)
USA

631 Posts

Posted - 12/23/2010 :  17:22:56  Show Profile  Visit chozian's Homepage
quote:

Clear Box. two 6x9s

That reminds of me of the Decepticons from Transformers.

Chris Hozian

"We may one day have both fame and fortune, and learn that neither is basic for true success and complete happiness." ~The New Era, August 1989, pages 4-5.

12V PW Lightning McQueen @ 18V :: 12V PW Red Harley-Davidson Motorcycle @ 18V :: 12V Peg Jeep Apache @ 18V :: Super 6 PW CAT Tough Loader @ 12V :: Super 6 PW Firerock Jeep Wrangler @ 12V :: Super 6 PW Ford F-150 @ 12V :: 6V PW Dora Get Set Go-Kart @ 12V :: 6V Rand Spider-Man Lil Quad @ 12V :: 6V PW Dora Lil Quad (Sold) :: 12V Dumar Yamaha Raptor 660R Quad :: Super 6 PW Barbie Trail Rider Quad :: 12V Yellow Peg John Deere Worksite Gator :: 12V Green Peg John Deere Worksite Gator :: 12V PW Classic Chrome Harley-Davidson Motorcycle (Sold) :: 12V Little Tikes Hummer H2 (Sold) :: 12V PW Ford Mustang :: 12V PW Chevy Silverado 1500 (Traded) :: 12V PW Barbie Cruisin' Tunes Jeep :: 6V PW Barbie Blitz Lil Wrangler 4x4 Jeep :: 6V PW Hot Wheels Lil Wrangler 4x4 Jeep (Sold)

Edited by - chozian on 12/23/2010 17:23:46
Go to Top of Page

junk cars

Txk
TX

42 Posts

Posted - 12/24/2010 :  14:18:23  Show Profile
Clear box w/2 Sony 6x9s. You can also see the Clarion head unit and rebuilt dash in this pic. Thats the remote control for the lights laying on top of the windsheild.

36.85 KB

cut it up.
Go to Top of Page

junk cars

Txk
TX

42 Posts

Posted - 12/24/2010 :  14:23:39  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by chozian

quote:

Clear Box. two 6x9s

That reminds of me of the Decepticons from Transformers.

lol

cut it up.
Go to Top of Page

junk cars

Txk
TX

42 Posts

Posted - 12/27/2010 :  07:00:03  Show Profile
Hopefully this pic will show the mods better than the others. The lights underneath and in the speakerbox are a light kit I got from LICOMLED. Its all one continuous strand of LEDs. They change about 15 different colors, flash, fade, strobe etc. All controlled from the remote you see on top of the dash. Carson says he wants seat belts so I guess thats next. I'm thinking that its time for a rollbar and a trailer hitch

43.39 KB

cut it up.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: