These forums are archived!
Please create a new account at our new forums here: http://forum.modifiedpowerwheels.com
ModifiedPowerWheels.com powerwheels upgrades, peg-perego and others very welcome

Specializing in Peg Perego and Power Wheels Parts and Machines
Udemy Course
Home | My Files | Profile | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | RSS allows you to view new posts anywhere!!
 All Forums
 Personal Stuff - Introductions, forsale, reviews!
 Projects Pages! (blogs?)
 First Project
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Cliffo

4 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2010 :  19:27:23  Show Profile
I just found this site yesterday while looking for some parts/info on a Safety 1st Batmobile and I just got about 3/4's through my first mod/project.

While I wait for parts for the Batmobile and the Barbie Cruisn' Tunes Jeep, I turned my attention to a pair of Little Tikes Junior Quads. The first step was to convert one to 12v, which was quick, easy and effective. Next, I took the motor and gearbox out of the donor quad, cut away a bit of the backend of the "Mod-Quad" and I now have a 12v, 2 motor quad. All that's left is to bulletproof the wiring and fibreglass the rear end to compensate for the lost strength.

My 21 month old daughter loves the quad now, before it couldn't be driven in the grass, now it does quite fine.

Thanks for all the info and inspiration!

jparthum
Senior Modder

(77627) Nederland
Texas
USA

2272 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2010 :  13:34:56  Show Profile
Welcome to the site Cliffo!

I'd love to se some pics, especially of the Little Tikes Quad. Don't see too many Little Tikes vehicles, but what I've seen are impressive.

(pics link to threads)

Fast, Reliable, and Cheap... Pick any two.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: