These forums are archived!
Please create a new account at our new forums here: http://forum.modifiedpowerwheels.com
ModifiedPowerWheels.com powerwheels upgrades, peg-perego and others very welcome

Specializing in Peg Perego and Power Wheels Parts and Machines
Udemy Course
Home | My Files | Profile | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | RSS allows you to view new posts anywhere!!
 All Forums
 Modifications by Category
 Speed
 Razor Dune Buggy Mods
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

David Conrad

2 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2010 :  10:21:12  Show Profile
can anyone offer advice on increasing speed with this ride? I know I can change motors or add batts but I would love to hear who has had the best luck with what... not much I can find out there.

gseric69

Red Lion
PA
USA

6315 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2010 :  18:40:52  Show Profile  Visit gseric69's Homepage
Take a look at www.modifiedelectricscooters.com
You might be able to get some help with that ride over there.

36V Peg Perego Apache - Project: Super Power Police Jeep, 18V Metal Frame Jeep - Project: Sarge
Dragon/Craftsman Pickup Hybrid (WIP), 18V John Deere Off Road 4x4 (Gaucho, SOLD!)
12V Lil Jeep, 18V Turbo Sun Jammer Jeep, 12V Super 6 F150 Blue Thunder,
18V Lightning McQueen & 12V Lightning McQueen w/Duratrax Motors (Sold)
18V Green & Blue Ninja Quads w/19T's, 18V Dora Quad with 21T's
12V Harley Bat Bike w/Duratrax Motors, 12V Pink Harley (Future Trike)
Future Builds: 12V Xtreme Machine, 12V PW Fire Truck, 6V Wild Thing Super 6 & Mach 5
RIP: 12V Super 6 Suzuki Quad w/Seperate Brake pedal (Decommissioned/Parted)
Go to Top of Page

David Conrad

2 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2010 :  10:03:12  Show Profile
Hey thanks a ton I will go do some hunting over there. I think I could probably just add another batt but not to sure about extra fusing or any need to change the controller to handle the extra voltage. Also, looking for any aftermarket kinds of parts... been a long time for me since my cart building days...I guess about 35 years.. but I have a 7 year old who is getting out classed by his little buddies with Razor Ground Effects carts and he want's a fighting chance.. Ok so does dad. Thanks gseric69 really appreciate the help!!
Go to Top of Page

dpitts

Atlanta
GA
USA

42 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2010 :  12:22:29  Show Profile
i have a dune buggy too. It is slow because of the reduction gear. If you remove the engine cover you will notice the jack shaft gearing. I think this is to increase power for off road use and reduce top speed. The ground force cart does not have it. The guys at TNC scooters recommended upgrading to a 500w 36v motor but I haven't yet. My 24v escalade and thundercat are faster than the dune buggy.
Go to Top of Page

Modmom32
Expert Modder

Cookeville
Tennessee
USA

830 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2010 :  21:10:46  Show Profile  Visit Modmom32's Homepage
also need help speeding up bike

62.85 KB

*arctic Shark snowmobile (beng modified again, scooter) but works!
*indianaJones Harley *desert bike *desert Challenger street bike *saftey 1st Chopper *SF viper*Herbie fully loaded via remote 12v....18v if lucky *gravedigger *mx350 *john deer tractor( still his favorite) *blue flame bigfoot *A151 * qty 2 twin 700* mx3 trike n 2 powerrider nascars (DALE SR n used to be #24 now General Lee) SOLD> 12v herbie
AMY
Go to Top of Page

gameboy

just north of austin
tx
USA

4796 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2010 :  01:30:13  Show Profile
well, so far i have seen none of you over at www.modifiedelectricscooters.com but thats ok. the esiest way to increase speed is adding a battery. the controllers can usually handle it, but you lose lvc (low voltage cutoff) that saves your batteries from being discharged too much and killing them. so you will have to monitor that yourselves from now on. dont forget the 36v charger too.

let me know if i can help.

"free is always better"

Edited by - gameboy on 04/20/2010 01:30:45
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: