These forums are archived!
Please create a new account at our new forums here: http://forum.modifiedpowerwheels.com
ModifiedPowerWheels.com powerwheels upgrades, peg-perego and others very welcome

Specializing in Peg Perego and Power Wheels Parts and Machines
Udemy Course
Home | My Files | Profile | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | RSS allows you to view new posts anywhere!!
 All Forums
 Personal Stuff - Introductions, forsale, reviews!
 Projects Pages! (blogs?)
 Grape Gaucho A151 24v (Was "Got a Gaucho!")
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Divinar

San Jose 95123
CA
USA

3057 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2010 :  15:54:19  Show Profile
$30, an hour and a half each way, and I have a Gaucho.
It was listed as "Ride-on Battery powered Jeep"

It's smaller than I expected (yes, I know it's an A151, not a Grande) but it doesn't work

They bought a new battery for yet "last year" (suuuuure) but then didn't keep it charged. I've got it on the charger now, but I think it's only going to be good for the shell/connector.

I need to find a decent diagram of how this is wired, I can see a blank plug with nothing to connect to - and I'm not sure what's up with the mechanical brakes yet.
And a few parts are missing - I've noticed the driver's mirror, tail lights, roll bar light, and broken fog light on the winch. Of course the tools are gone, but JD might lose them himself, so I'll wait until it's done to get them.
I'm sure you'll be pointing out the other problems, too

40.81KB

36.08KB

35.85KB

36.45KB

41.47KB

Anyone know what's supposed to be attached to this?

39.67KB

41KB

40.93KB

Escalade (Rubber tires, LED lights, Key switch, Remote Kill, wings. Wings?)
Lil Wrangler (2WD, 12v, Lights), Dora Jeep (Super-6 @ 12v, lights), Jeep Enforcer turned Aftershock (18v, WIP),
Grape Gaucho A151 (24v, scooter controller, WIP)
KFX Quad (Remote Kill), Crushmeister! (Silverado), Limited Edition Jeep (Stock)
Kawasaki Mojave 250 (Stock), PP Gator (Lights), Home Depot Loader, Lightning McQueen (Stock)

Edited by - Divinar on 08/17/2010 12:09:10

gseric69

Red Lion
PA
USA

6315 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2010 :  16:04:13  Show Profile  Visit gseric69's Homepage
Very cool, that one should have some powerful motors in it.

That wire was probably connected to something in the dash. That model was part of the recal, and it originally used the CUBE battery, which consisted of two 6V batteries, and it looks like it's been modified to use the Blue 12V battery. The recall kit didn't include wiring to convert it for use with the single 12V, so someone did some tinkering with it.

Most of you missing parts, like the tools, side mirror and lights can be bought new, and they don't really cost that much.

I might have a light that works for your roll bar. It's one of the original marker lights off my apache, and it looks like they are the same as the roll bar lights. Just double check if the roll bar light you have mathces with the marker lights up front.

36V Peg Perego Apache - Project: Super Power Police Jeep, 18V Metal Frame Jeep - Project: Sarge
Dragon/Craftsman Pickup Hybrid (WIP), 18V John Deere Off Road 4x4 (Gaucho, SOLD!)
12V Lil Jeep, 18V Turbo Sun Jammer Jeep, 12V Super 6 F150 Blue Thunder,
18V Lightning McQueen & 12V Lightning McQueen w/Duratrax Motors (Sold)
18V Green & Blue Ninja Quads w/19T's, 18V Dora Quad with 21T's
12V Harley Bat Bike w/Duratrax Motors, 12V Pink Harley (Future Trike)
Future Builds: 12V Xtreme Machine, 12V PW Fire Truck, 6V Wild Thing Super 6 & Mach 5
RIP: 12V Super 6 Suzuki Quad w/Seperate Brake pedal (Decommissioned/Parted)
Go to Top of Page

jfoust
Senior Modder

Atlanta
GA
USA

2419 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2010 :  16:08:56  Show Profile  Visit jfoust's Homepage
Sweet! I've had two Grandes and a Hi Torque, but never a A151... Still looking for that one! Looks like a nice score. I think the extra plug may have been to power lights or something at one point. I know the HT had similar wiring but it was all hacked up when the recall was done to it.

Current Fleet:
Super6 Vette, Grave Digger w/ 19T's, Gaucho Grande, Dora Lil Quad, Eliminator w/ 21T's, 12v Harley, Safety 1st C5R

Scrap Pile (email for parts):
High Torque Gaucho, Red PW Jeep
Go to Top of Page

Taz11
Advanced Modder

Bloomsbury (08804)
NJ

3739 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2010 :  16:38:26  Show Profile
I see a BIG problem.....going by the first picture, there is no more room in the garage

Drive it like you stole it!........out of somebody's garbage!
Go to Top of Page

wrencher
Journeyman Modder

New Kensington
Pennsylvania
USA

292 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2010 :  17:04:50  Show Profile
looks like a great find
Go to Top of Page

Divinar

San Jose 95123
CA
USA

3057 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2010 :  17:17:31  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Taz11

I see a BIG problem.....going by the first picture, there is no more room in the garage

Yeah, the garage is full - I have to keep the Gator and the Lil Jeep out back under a tarp!

Lil Wrangler (2WD, 12v, Lights), Dora Jeep (Super-6 @ 12v, lights), Jeep Enforcer turned Aftershock (18v, WIP),
Kawasaki Mojave 250 (Stock), PP Gator (Lights), Home Depot Loader, Lightning McQueen (Stock)
Go to Top of Page

jparthum
Senior Modder

(77627) Nederland
Texas
USA

2272 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2010 :  17:53:32  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Divinar

quote:

Yeah, the garage is full - I have to keep the Gator and the Lil Jeep out back under a tarp!

Looks like in the van works well.

(pics link to threads)

Fast, Reliable, and Cheap... Pick any two.
Go to Top of Page

Divinar

San Jose 95123
CA
USA

3057 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2010 :  18:19:37  Show Profile
I still don't know where those other wires go, but I found the main problem.
Surprise, surprise, it was the little breaker under the shifter. Something seems to be wrong with it.

23.05 KB
(Seriously, shouldn't it be enclosed in a little silver box?)

I temporarily replaced it with a 40A fuse, for testing, and it worked!
Well, Reverse and Low did. I swapped the plug around, and we had high speed, too, so it's the high/low switch that's not happy.

And I'm really not sure what's going on with the brakes - I'll have to get it apart to look in there.

Fortunately, he can barely reach the pedals - so I'll have time while he drives the black Jeep (Gotta get all the work done on that before I spend much more time on the Gaucho... But I had to know if I wasted my money!)

45.92 KB

Edited by - Divinar on 02/05/2010 18:24:11
Go to Top of Page

Divinar

San Jose 95123
CA
USA

3057 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2010 :  18:22:42  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by gseric69

Very cool, that one should have some powerful motors in it.

That wire was probably connected to something in the dash. That model was part of the recal, and it originally used the CUBE battery, which consisted of two 6V batteries, and it looks like it's been modified to use the Blue 12V battery. The recall kit didn't include wiring to convert it for use with the single 12V, so someone did some tinkering with it.

Most of you missing parts, like the tools, side mirror and lights can be bought new, and they don't really cost that much.

I might have a light that works for your roll bar. It's one of the original marker lights off my apache, and it looks like they are the same as the roll bar lights. Just double check if the roll bar light you have mathces with the marker lights up front.

It's hard to look into the crack under the suspension, but they look like 700 size motore to me. Wonder if they'll take 24v and a scooter controller?

The lights up top are square, the broken one on the bumper is round.
I need to find someone around here who can fabricate me a "real" roll bar - one that would bolt on, be taller than JD's head, and support a full rollover...

Go to Top of Page

Taz11
Advanced Modder

Bloomsbury (08804)
NJ

3739 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2010 :  19:45:01  Show Profile
My experience with the manual brakes is that they just don't work well. Lube up all the pivit points and make sure they are adjusted. There should be an adjusting nut where the rod goes through the pedal.

Go to Top of Page

mcgiver
Expert Modder

California

672 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2010 :  20:24:28  Show Profile
Great find, I can see your cali as well.

Any gaucho is cali is a special find from my experience. Only the east coast and midwest people get special treatment with them peg perego gauchos.

Go to Top of Page

Divinar

San Jose 95123
CA
USA

3057 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2010 :  23:37:58  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by mcgiver

Great find, I can see your cali as well.

Any gaucho is cali is a special find from my experience. Only the east coast and midwest people get special treatment with them peg perego gauchos.

Where in CA are you?

Go to Top of Page

mcgiver
Expert Modder

California

672 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2010 :  00:07:34  Show Profile
southern cali
Go to Top of Page

hotrodtodd
Expert Modder

Delhi
OH
USA

985 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2010 :  01:02:45  Show Profile  Visit hotrodtodd's Homepage
Nice find I dont think you wasted your money ,and that winch is just begging for a gearbox .

Lifted Metal Frame JeepPower Drivers Trike
Bigfoot
Worksite Gator
Driveway Racer
Handy Manny 6v quad
Go to Top of Page

PW warehouse
Senior Modder

Central
IN
USA

1712 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2010 :  08:36:51  Show Profile
You might check the A151 seat, it should slide forward just like the Grande. Go through the pedal compartment and reach up under the seat area and there should be a couple plastic speed nuts. Loosen and slide forward.

Go to Top of Page

Divinar

San Jose 95123
CA
USA

3057 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2010 :  12:11:39  Show Profile
Not much progress on this one lately.
I retrofitted the bigger Grande front bumper to replace the busted winch - but not until after they broke the headlights. (Hootie sent me a pair to replace them when I hook up lights)

78.33 KB

JD loved it at 18v, but then he broke a gearbox. When I saw how much I'd have to take apart to change it, I decided to wait until I had the scooter controller installed, first. So it sits for now

Go to Top of Page

jparthum
Senior Modder

(77627) Nederland
Texas
USA

2272 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2010 :  15:25:34  Show Profile
I missed this post before. Glad you posted side-by-side pics with the PWs Jeep. It looks like the exterior is about the same size, but the interior is bigger.

(pics link to threads)

Fast, Reliable, and Cheap... Pick any two.
Go to Top of Page

Divinar

San Jose 95123
CA
USA

3057 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2010 :  15:37:15  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by jparthum

I missed this post before. Glad you posted side-by-side pics with the PWs Jeep. It looks like the exterior is about the same size, but the interior is bigger.

You might consider a Silverado - there's a lot of legroom possible if you push the seat all the way back (you may have to drill new mounting holes...)

Go to Top of Page

morzh

USA

15 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2010 :  17:32:21  Show Profile
I just saw this post of yours.....it looks exactly like mine, twin bro.
I hope someone can eventually give us some schematics.
Go to Top of Page

Divinar

San Jose 95123
CA
USA

3057 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2010 :  14:36:32  Show Profile
Finally have time to work on this one again.

Since I intended to go 24v scooter controller, I wanted to see how fast it would be... So I squeezed in two 12v 10AH batteries... And it flies...
Until the gas pedal welded itself on, and JD got scared, and ran it into the bush, and it broke a gearbox before I could get over there and disconnect it.

It didn't blow the 40A circuit breaker!

Now, looking it over, I think I've figured out why the mechanical brakes didn't work, and I'm going to replace all the wiring (so I may be able to sell off the old harness)

Go to Top of Page

Divinar

San Jose 95123
CA
USA

3057 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2010 :  21:40:56  Show Profile
This was a good weekend for the Gaucho - maybe. I tore it down to pieces-parts, installed a set of the Harbor Freight headlights, and removed the stock wiring harness.

I thought about using the original harness for the lights, but since I'm adding backup and brake lights, I figured I'd just rewire from scratch. So I'll be posting it for sale soon...

While I had it apart to replace the gearbox, I saw some rust under here, so I painted the metal axle protector tube and brake linkage yellow (the first can of Rustoleum I could find)

The white and blue wires are 10AWG - the colors were chosen to match the output of the controller.

Here's the area under the pan - which is now closed up again.

Go to Top of Page

Divinar

San Jose 95123
CA
USA

3057 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2010 :  21:41:50  Show Profile
As for the brakes....

When I got it, the brake lever was as tight as it could go, and didn't do any good.

The brakes were set up like this:

So at maximum pull, they only pushed the brake shoes out like this:

But I suddenly realized that spinning them 180 degrees would give a huge mechanical advantage, and take up a lot of slack:

And now, even a little push on the pedal pushes out the brake shoes enough to actually be usable!

Go to Top of Page

Divinar

San Jose 95123
CA
USA

3057 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2010 :  16:49:40  Show Profile
I mentioned I got the Harbor Freight lights installed:

I originally tried an Oznium Superflux LED in the hole, with chrome tape for the reflector. It looked more like a real headlight, especially in the day, but didn't throw as much light as the Li'l Jeeps did. I had to grind down the chrome reflector about 30% thinner - it would have been easier to just drill out the Gaucho grill instead, but once I got started...

I also spent some time trying the heatgun trick, with mixed results. Some areas I got to smooth back down beautifully, especially chips and scratches - but the restored color still isn't quite as nice as the area where the stickers were - and I noticed some fine "cracking" on the smooth surface.

Looks like I may have to paint it.

Edited by - Divinar on 08/09/2010 16:52:12
Go to Top of Page

Divinar

San Jose 95123
CA
USA

3057 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2010 :  22:17:35  Show Profile
I spent almost too much time on it today - My wife made a comment on how tough it is being a single mom!

But I got some progress made!

The paint:

The trim:

The body:

Go to Top of Page

Divinar

San Jose 95123
CA
USA

3057 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2010 :  21:27:05  Show Profile
More painting today.
I must have read too many Hot Rod magazines in my youth - I couldn't leave the rusty chrome underpinnings alone:

I scrubbed off the peeling chrome and hit the rims with Fusion "Nickle Shimmer". I'm not lovin' that shaft collar - I may actually get a set of stock push nuts when all is done

I can't quite get a decent shot of how purple this color is:

53.74KB

Edited by - Divinar on 08/12/2010 21:28:21
Go to Top of Page

Divinar

San Jose 95123
CA
USA

3057 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2010 :  22:13:31  Show Profile
Didn't get much time today - but the TNC Scooters package arrived with my connectors, so I'll be able to make the new harness this weekend!

I didn't like seeing the purple behind the grill, so I masked off the area and put in some more "Nickle Shimmer":

Cut out a hole in the floor to lower the Hall Effect Throttle:

That's the thin single switch box for "old work" - it's less than two inches deep.

Go to Top of Page

Divinar

San Jose 95123
CA
USA

3057 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2010 :  16:37:59  Show Profile
OK, time to start putting in the controller and wiring. I can't afford the 18AH batteries I'd like to use this month, so I've created this paper mock-up - just to make sure I have enough space for everything.

For now, he'll have to be content with either (2) 12v 10AH, or (4) 6v 12AH

And I still can't get a picture that shows how purple this color is - the camera see's it as blue.

Go to Top of Page

Divinar

San Jose 95123
CA
USA

3057 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2010 :  19:14:09  Show Profile
More #10-32 bolts - this time, we're actually using them to hold something together!

Mounting points:

Controller and relays mounted:

Fake battery in place - plenty of clearance:

Go to Top of Page

blake711
Advanced Modder

Skiatook
OK
USA

2622 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2010 :  20:10:26  Show Profile
Looking good man. Very clean so far.

Please sign up at new version of forum at http://forum.modifiedpowerwheels.com/
complexity is the enemy of reliability
Go to Top of Page

Divinar

San Jose 95123
CA
USA

3057 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2010 :  21:00:41  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by blake711

Looking good man. Very clean so far.

Thanks. The more I work on this one, the more I want to do the best job I can .
The original construction is so much better than the PW stuff, I just feel it deserves better than quick-crimps!

Go to Top of Page

blake711
Advanced Modder

Skiatook
OK
USA

2622 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2010 :  21:03:57  Show Profile
After getting my gaucho and seeing it next to my gator. I have pretty much decided that I want to go all Peg and flip all my PW stuff. I did pick up and old f-150 though and its amazing how much better the quality was on the older PW compared to now. They really skimp by now and sell them for even more.

Go to Top of Page

Divinar

San Jose 95123
CA
USA

3057 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2010 :  21:06:53  Show Profile
Today was wiring day - JD called them "Rainbow Wires".

Here's the lighting harnesses (front and rear) on the kitchen floor:

That black stuff is 1/2" shrink wrap, 4' long segments for about $2 each.

Every wire is crimped and soldered (I said I was obsessive)

I ordered some extra multi-pin connectors from TNC with my controller.

Front lights (Headlights/parking, turn, ground):

Rear lights (brake, turn, parking, backup, ground):

Behind the grill:

Edited by - Divinar on 08/15/2010 21:08:17
Go to Top of Page

hungngo
Journeyman Modder

philly
pa
USA

220 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2010 :  21:21:07  Show Profile
hey divinar,
2 questions
first, are they the hf lights, and if so how did you wire them. the one's i put in my little dessert storm have this blink option did you wire them . and the lens what is that 2....
quote:

Today was wiring day - JD called them "Rainbow Wires".

That black stuff is 1/2" shrink wrap, 4' long segments for about $2 each.

Every wire is crimped and soldered (I said I was obsessive)

I ordered some extra multi-pin connectors from TNC with my controller.

http://www.modifiedpowerwheels.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=19422
peg's
1. grande.. apache.. dragon.. super.. a-151.. power wheels 1. little red jeep ( dessert storm). hurricane ..

Edited by - Divinar on 08/28/2010 08:16:50
Go to Top of Page

Divinar

San Jose 95123
CA
USA

3057 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2010 :  21:31:53  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by hungngo

hey divinar,
2 questions
first, are they the hf lights, and if so how did you wire them. the one's i put in my little dessert storm have this blink option did you wire them . and the lens what is that 2....

Yep, those are Harbor Freight lights

CFanto showed us how to rewire them in his Yellow Jeep

But when I did it, I just attached my own wires to them.

The lenses are just a set of new ones I bought from Hootie.

I had to grind down the chrome rings quite a bit to get them to fit under the lenses. On the Jeep, I cut a hole in the grill, and mounted the lights behind - but the mounting bracket for the Gaucho's grill was in the way.

Edited by - Divinar on 08/15/2010 21:34:13
Go to Top of Page

blake711
Advanced Modder

Skiatook
OK
USA

2622 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2010 :  21:50:01  Show Profile
Where are you getting your uninsulated spade connectors?

Go to Top of Page

Divinar

San Jose 95123
CA
USA

3057 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2010 :  22:18:45  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by blake711

Where are you getting your uninsulated spade connectors?

Most of the 10 gauge ones are actually insulated, I pull the yellow plastic off before crimping/soldering.

The little ones in the harness are from TNC Scooters - $0.50 per connector, but that includes two sides (male & female) and as many connectors as needed.

2-pin: http://tncscooters.com/product.php?sku=102300
3-pin: http://tncscooters.com/product.php?sku=102302
4-pin: http://tncscooters.com/product.php?sku=102304 (I didn't use any of these)
6-pin: http://tncscooters.com/product.php?sku=102306

And even 9-pin: http://tncscooters.com/product.php?sku=102308 (I'll probably put something like this behind the dash)

Go to Top of Page

blake711
Advanced Modder

Skiatook
OK
USA

2622 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2010 :  06:28:16  Show Profile
Ok all I could find on ebay uninsulated was 14-16 and 18-22 was wondering if you had a source on the 10-12 uninsulated.

Go to Top of Page

Taz11
Advanced Modder

Bloomsbury (08804)
NJ

3739 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2010 :  06:45:01  Show Profile
I'm going back a few posts..... I love the idea with the pedal in electrical box! It worked out great.

Go to Top of Page

hungngo
Journeyman Modder

philly
pa
USA

220 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2010 :  07:00:40  Show Profile
bump that idea , hey divinar i just took that idea.... thanks buddy post my paint picks up tonight
quote:

I'm going back a few posts..... I love the idea with the pedal in electrical box! It worked out great.

http://www.modifiedpowerwheels.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=19422
peg's
1. grande.. apache.. dragon.. super.. a-151.. power wheels 1. little red jeep ( dessert storm). hurricane ..

Go to Top of Page

GregBurd
Apprentice Modder

San Jose
ca
USA

90 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2010 :  19:55:30  Show Profile
Ok where do i find these at?

quote:

As for the brakes....

When I got it, the brake lever was as tight as it could go, and didn't do any good.

But I suddenly realized that spinning them 180 degrees would give a huge mechanical advantage, and take up a lot of slack:

And now, even a little push on the pedal pushes out the brake shoes enough to actually be usable!

Go to Top of Page

Divinar

San Jose 95123
CA
USA

3057 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2010 :  20:12:08  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by GregBurd

Ok where do i find these at?

quote:

As for the brakes....

Came stock on the old Gauchos

Go to Top of Page

Divinar

San Jose 95123
CA
USA

3057 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2010 :  20:18:41  Show Profile
Today I only got one little thing done...

Yep. 700 size motors with heat sinks.

Oh, and as a PSA, if you're cutting aluminum heatsinks on a bandsaw, they get HOT.

Go to Top of Page

CJB
Senior Modder

Lino Lakes
MN
USA

1589 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2010 :  20:33:26  Show Profile  Visit CJB's Homepage
Which controller are you using? Mind posting your schematic? All these connectors are making me nervous.

12V Lil Jeep; 24v Race Car Project (abandoned); Red Wrangler (WIP);18v Police Silverado
Polaris 2X ; Polaris 700; Xtreme Machine ; 12v Super 6 Firerock
Gaucho Grande; Tinkerbell Ninja; 12v S6 Trail Rider; Brute Force 24v
Go to Top of Page

gseric69

Red Lion
PA
USA

6315 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2010 :  20:43:59  Show Profile  Visit gseric69's Homepage
Awesome build! I love the yellow undercarriage and it goes fantastic with the purple. What heat sinks did you use there?

Oh, and at GregBurd - I have a set of those drums and the linkage. At this point, I'm not sure if I'll ever get around to using them, so if you're interested let me know. Send me a PM so we don't hijack this build (and who knows the next time I'll be back on)

OK Divinar, I'm done hijacking now

36V Peg Perego Apache - Project: Super Power Police Jeep, 18V Metal Frame Jeep - Project: Sarge
Dragon/Craftsman Pickup Hybrid (WIP), 18V John Deere Off Road 4x4 (Gaucho, SOLD!)
12V Lil Jeep, 18V Turbo Sun Jammer Jeep, 12V Super 6 F150 Blue Thunder,
18V Lightning McQueen & 12V Lightning McQueen w/Duratrax Motors (Sold)
18V Green & Blue Ninja Quads w/19T's, 18V Dora Quad with 21T's
12V Harley Bat Bike w/Duratrax Motors, 12V Pink Harley (Future Trike)
Future Builds: 12V Xtreme Machine, 12V PW Fire Truck, 6V Wild Thing Super 6 & Mach 5
RIP: 12V Super 6 Suzuki Quad w/Seperate Brake pedal (Decommissioned/Parted)
Go to Top of Page

Divinar

San Jose 95123
CA
USA

3057 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2010 :  22:13:27  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by CJB

Which controller are you using? Mind posting your schematic? All these connectors are making me nervous.

This won't make you any less nervous - it's mostly in my head!

Here's the lighting wiring one - so far:

Go to Top of Page

dasilva100
Journeyman Modder

Kitchener
ON
Canada

445 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2010 :  03:50:53  Show Profile
Hey Divinar... I have the four fenders. let me know.
Go to Top of Page

CJB
Senior Modder

Lino Lakes
MN
USA

1589 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2010 :  04:53:38  Show Profile  Visit CJB's Homepage
quote:

[quote]
This won't make you any less nervous - it's mostly in my head!

Here's the lighting wiring one - so far:

Yeah... That didn't really do it for me.

I'm more concerned of how to wire F/R and the motors.

12V Lil Jeep; 24v Race Car Project (abandoned); Red Wrangler (WIP);18v Police Silverado
Polaris 2X ; Polaris 700; Xtreme Machine ; 12v Super 6 Firerock
Gaucho Grande; Tinkerbell Ninja; 12v S6 Trail Rider; Brute Force 24v

Edited by - CJB on 08/18/2010 04:57:10
Go to Top of Page

Divinar

San Jose 95123
CA
USA

3057 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2010 :  11:04:09  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by dasilva100

Hey Divinar... I have the four fenders. let me know.

Crap timing - I ordered through NSAELLIS. I guess they go to Wozbean? Or Hungngo?

Go to Top of Page

Taz11
Advanced Modder

Bloomsbury (08804)
NJ

3739 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2010 :  11:27:32  Show Profile
What controller are you using? What is your opinion of the pedal? I've read mixed reviews on them.

Go to Top of Page

Divinar

San Jose 95123
CA
USA

3057 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2010 :  11:39:48  Show Profile
quote:

What controller are you using? What is your opinion of the pedal? I've read mixed reviews on them.

I asked Treebeme - he recommended the LBD14 controller.
The front page lists it as a 500 watt controller, it's own specs say 750 watts.

(Since the motors can theoretically draw 940 watts, this still may be too small. We'll see...)

I'll let you know on the pedal when it's assembled. I figure it will spend less than 10% of the time at less than full throttle anyway!

Go to Top of Page

h-bomb
Journeyman Modder

Johns Creek
Georgia

270 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2010 :  11:54:25  Show Profile
quote:

Crap timing - I ordered through NSAELLIS. I guess they go to Wozbean? Or Hungngo?

For what they cost, new ones are well worth it (I got some from Nathan as well)
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: