These forums are archived!
Please create a new account at our new forums here: http://forum.modifiedpowerwheels.com
ModifiedPowerWheels.com powerwheels upgrades, peg-perego and others very welcome

Specializing in Peg Perego and Power Wheels Parts and Machines
Udemy Course
Home | My Files | Profile | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | RSS allows you to view new posts anywhere!!
 All Forums
 Personal Stuff - Introductions, forsale, reviews!
 Projects Pages! (blogs?)
 Driveway Racer
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

gseric69

Red Lion
PA
USA

6315 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2010 :  14:50:01  Show Profile  Visit gseric69's Homepage
The kids finally got a chance to drive the Driveway Racer I picked up from Ecoclean last week. I'm very impressed with it, the advertised top speed of 7MPH seems to be pretty accurate. It's definitely very zippy, and turns on a dime. It's much heavier than it looks, and seems very well built.
My nephew got the hang of it right away, but my daughter took a little bit to get used to the variable speed again. She still has an aversion to brake pedals, so as you can see, she just hangs her foot off the side, just like she did on the quad I made with a seperate brake.
I'm not sure what the plans are for this yet. I'm curious to see how fast it would be on 18V, but I'll have to see what I need to do to squeeze those batteries in there. For now it's just running off a Stock PW Grey Top 12V. I wonder if adjusting the wing actually makes a difference....

36V Peg Perego Apache - Project: Super Power Police Jeep, 18V Metal Frame Jeep - Project: Sarge
Dragon/Craftsman Pickup Hybrid (WIP), 18V John Deere Off Road 4x4 (Gaucho, SOLD!)
12V Lil Jeep, 18V Turbo Sun Jammer Jeep, 12V Super 6 F150 Blue Thunder,
18V Lightning McQueen & 12V Lightning McQueen w/Duratrax Motors (Sold)
18V Green & Blue Ninja Quads w/19T's, 18V Dora Quad with 21T's
12V Harley Bat Bike w/Duratrax Motors, 12V Pink Harley (Future Trike)
Future Builds: 12V Xtreme Machine, 12V PW Fire Truck, 6V Wild Thing Super 6 & Mach 5
RIP: 12V Super 6 Suzuki Quad w/Seperate Brake pedal (Decommissioned/Parted)

kastoo
Journeyman Modder

Lagrange
GA
USA

296 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2010 :  15:18:51  Show Profile  Send kastoo a Yahoo! Message
If there is a body blocking the wing how could air get over it and then how could changing it make a difference?

KAS
Go to Top of Page

gseric69

Red Lion
PA
USA

6315 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2010 :  15:23:52  Show Profile  Visit gseric69's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by kastoo

If there is a body blocking the wing how could air get over it and then how could changing it make a difference?

That was supposed to come across sarcastically, but it's so hard to convey emotion over the internet

The instruction manual actually has a section on adjusting the wing for performance.

36V Peg Perego Apache - Project: Super Power Police Jeep, 18V Metal Frame Jeep - Project: Sarge
Dragon/Craftsman Pickup Hybrid (WIP), 18V John Deere Off Road 4x4 (Gaucho, SOLD!)
Future Builds: 12V Xtreme Machine, 12V PW Fire Truck, 6V Wild Thing Super 6 & Mach 5
Go to Top of Page

12vwiz
Expert Modder

Mobile
AL
USA

505 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2010 :  16:10:54  Show Profile
It's screaming 18v, even if you could only get 10 minutes of run time!

Tape a battery to the wing, if you gotta

My first mod - john deer gator On Hold
Peg Gator LHR shifter Wiring diagram
Big Foot - driver relocation In progress

Edited by - 12vwiz on 01/07/2010 16:21:15
Go to Top of Page

turbokev
Senior Modder

Fremont
New Hampshire
USA

1283 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2010 :  16:55:10  Show Profile  Visit turbokev's Homepage
Just remember that it has a soft start controller board and won't like 18V at all..
(unless you bypass of course)

Thanks,
Kev

18V Mustang v2.0 : 18V Mustang v1.0 : 12V Mustangs : 18V Gaucho Police
18V NASCAR : 12V Extreme Machines : 12V Hurricane Resto : 18V Mustang with Blower

Go to Top of Page

cfanto
Journeyman Modder

Tracy
CA
USA

406 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2010 :  19:01:56  Show Profile  Visit cfanto's Homepage  Send cfanto a Yahoo! Message
I recently picked up a pair of Rally Karts myself (basically, the same but blue).

I tried inquiring about how the softstart board would handle 18V thru it, but no answer. So I just said what the hell & did it... So far, no smoke! And holy crap! It almost feels too fast for him! LOL! It actually jerks my kid's head back when he takes off... as if the soft start isn't even there. I'll post a video of it sometime. It seems it can almost keep up with the 36V go-carts I chase him around with... eventually once my go-cart ramps up-to-speed, then of course, it passes him up easily.

As for the batteries, I'm using three Gruber 6V SLA's in the original battery compartment. I had to cut out some of the plastic notches inside the compartment to make room for the batteries so that the cover could go back on... but they do fit in there fine with the cover on.

PowerWheels - Jeep Wrangler (74440) - Red Wrangler - unibody Jeep w/ 18V, #4 gearbox retrofit
PowerWheels - Dune Squad (74570) - Yellow Jeep - metal-framed Jeep w/ 18V, LED lights, #7 gearboxes, brake pedal
PowerWheels - Wrangler 98 (78490) - Army Jeep - unibody Jeep w/ 12V, OD painted, brake pedal, rubber tires
PowerWheels - Grey/Pace Exclusive (86270) - metal-framed Jeep - currently stock
Peg Perego - Gaucho Grande (HP252) - 70's-style Toyota Landcruiser FJ40 - 18V, LED lighting, brake pedal, front & rear traction-aids
PowerWheels - X-Treme Machine (74790) - painted, 18V w/ 24V NOS, 19T #7 gearbox, brake pedal, front traction-aids
PowerWheels - Hot Wheels Rally Kart (xxxxx) - 18V in process
PowerWheels - Hot Wheels Rally Kart (xxxxx) - currently stock

Edited by - cfanto on 01/07/2010 19:02:28
Go to Top of Page

turbokev
Senior Modder

Fremont
New Hampshire
USA

1283 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2010 :  19:49:25  Show Profile  Visit turbokev's Homepage
Wow, that's cool

I never actually tried it and smoked the board when we had ours..
I found a post on here that said it was a no no..
Guess I should have experimented

Thanks,
Kev

18V Mustang v2.0 : 18V Mustang v1.0 : 12V Mustangs : 18V Gaucho Police
18V NASCAR : 12V Extreme Machines : 12V Hurricane Resto : 18V Mustang with Blower

Go to Top of Page

cfanto
Journeyman Modder

Tracy
CA
USA

406 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2010 :  20:22:39  Show Profile  Visit cfanto's Homepage  Send cfanto a Yahoo! Message
Yeah, I figured if fried 'em... I'll just rewire to bypass the board all-together... but it's been holding out so far.

PowerWheels - Jeep Wrangler (74440) - Red Wrangler - unibody Jeep w/ 18V, #4 gearbox retrofit
PowerWheels - Dune Squad (74570) - Yellow Jeep - metal-framed Jeep w/ 18V, LED lights, #7 gearboxes, brake pedal
PowerWheels - Wrangler 98 (78490) - Army Jeep - unibody Jeep w/ 12V, OD painted, brake pedal, rubber tires
PowerWheels - Grey/Pace Exclusive (86270) - metal-framed Jeep - currently stock
Peg Perego - Gaucho Grande (HP252) - 70's-style Toyota Landcruiser FJ40 - 18V, LED lighting, brake pedal, front & rear traction-aids
PowerWheels - X-Treme Machine (74790) - painted, 18V w/ 24V NOS, 19T #7 gearbox, brake pedal, front traction-aids
PowerWheels - Hot Wheels Rally Kart (xxxxx) - 18V in process
PowerWheels - Hot Wheels Rally Kart (xxxxx) - currently stock
Go to Top of Page

gseric69

Red Lion
PA
USA

6315 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2010 :  20:53:36  Show Profile  Visit gseric69's Homepage
I'll have to give it a try and 18V then. If it fries the board, there's alway the scooter controller option too.

Go to Top of Page

jparthum
Senior Modder

(77627) Nederland
Texas
USA

2272 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2010 :  04:00:40  Show Profile
Does Tonka make that? <-- (sarcasm conveyer)

(pics link to threads)

Fast, Reliable, and Cheap... Pick any two.
Go to Top of Page

jazzcat
Expert Modder

Mesa
az
USA

748 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2010 :  06:34:43  Show Profile  Visit jazzcat's Homepage
i would love to get the guts out of one of these cars..if anyone decides to get crazy and replace motors/gb's/wiring please let me know a price shipped and i'll take all of it

delightfully tacky
His- 1965 VW Bug - 45 year old dust collector/yard ornament
Hers- 2001 VW TDi Golf- 45 mpg with 1 battery
Kids- Berchet 2002 Porsche Boxster S - 6V of fury
MAGICA-1700 miles away..work in progress
Website- http://rustisnotacrime.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: