These forums are archived!
Please create a new account at our new forums here: http://forum.modifiedpowerwheels.com
ModifiedPowerWheels.com powerwheels upgrades, peg-perego and others very welcome

Specializing in Peg Perego and Power Wheels Parts and Machines
Udemy Course
Home | My Files | Profile | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | RSS allows you to view new posts anywhere!!
 All Forums
 Personal Stuff - Introductions, forsale, reviews!
 Reviews
 Power Wheels Stinger XS w/ monster traction
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Mama
Senior Modder

Kansas City
Missouri
USA

2380 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2009 :  15:47:58  Show Profile
I picked one of these up at a two day sale from Toys R Us. It was marked down to $199 and so far my boys have had a blast with it. We had a big snow storm here in KC before xmas so the initial test ride was done in a few inches of snow. It did pretty well but 12 volts isn't enough for snow.

Overall I am impressed with this Power Wheels vehicle. It has a nice metal frame beneath the plastic body which is a new feature for PW vehicles. They also "beefed up" the rear axle and it is a bit thicker than the axles that are being used on the PW Hurricanes.

26.76 KB

22.25 KB

As mentioned in previous reviews I am not happy with the quality of plastics being used on the Monster Traction wheels, it wears out too quickly and most kids riding go from grass to driveway to sidewalks and back so wheel durability is an issue. I ended up putting two thin layers of gorilla brand duct tape on all our vehicles with monster traction to try and lengthen the time we get out of them. It works pretty well and gives just enough slip that it won't ruin the gears.

Initally, I didn't like the placment of the shifter on this thing but it is pretty stubby and doesn't get in the way.
It was fairly easy to assemble and I had no issues.... had it done in less than 30 min.

One cool feature of this buggy is the storage compartment in the front end, it is the perfect size and distance from the pedal to wire in a second battery for 18 volts which is pretty sufficent for now but I see a scooter mod in the future of this BPRO.

Feel free to email me with any questions or post here if I missed anything you might want to know.

T_Dogg5
Journeyman Modder

New Jersey
USA

194 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2010 :  11:38:43  Show Profile
If you have problems with the rear wheels wearing out and its under a year old call power wheels and they will send you brand new ones free.

21 and still adding

20.44 KB
Go to Top of Page

Mama
Senior Modder

Kansas City
Missouri
USA

2380 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2010 :  08:13:12  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by T_Dogg5

If you have problems with the rear wheels wearing out and its under a year old call power wheels and they will send you brand new ones free.

My only "problem" is they wear out too fast. Whether you can get free replacements or not is not the issue. When the warranty is up you have to pay an arm and a leg to get replacements.
Go to Top of Page

MustangFreak
Senior Modder

San Antonio
Texas
USA

1221 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2010 :  03:23:29  Show Profile  Visit MustangFreak's Homepage  Send MustangFreak a Yahoo! Message
not if you "forget" when you bought it, and say it was less than a year ago. You didnt hear that from me though.

I'm not an addict, addicts have the potential to quit.
Go to Top of Page

mustangjb

ft worth
tx
USA

1 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2010 :  20:34:17  Show Profile
i got my grandson one,i was wondering what you need to do besides running a 6volt battery in series to go 18vols ive seen the schematics on the site is there anything else besides fuse to add,seems like it would burn up the motors and the nylon gears be an issue,have read some peoples mods but are a little vague,would be interested on some details of someone that has done this mod

jeff
Go to Top of Page

Divinar

San Jose 95123
CA
USA

3057 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2010 :  20:54:24  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by mustangjb

i got my grandson one,i was wondering what you need to do besides running a 6volt battery in series to go 18vols ive seen the schematics on the site is there anything else besides fuse to add,seems like it would burn up the motors and the nylon gears be an issue,have read some peoples mods but are a little vague,would be interested on some details of someone that has done this mod

Stealth upgrade:
http://www.modifiedpowerwheels.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=16094

Escalade (Rubber tires, LED lights, Key switch, Remote Kill, wings. Wings?)
Lil Wrangler (2WD, 12v, Lights), Dora Jeep (Super-6 @ 12v, lights), Jeep Enforcer turned Aftershock (18v, WIP),
Grape Gaucho A151 (24v, scooter controller, WIP)
KFX Quad (Remote Kill), Crushmeister! (Silverado), Limited Edition Jeep (Stock)
Kawasaki Mojave 250 (Stock), PP Gator (Lights), Home Depot Loader, Lightning McQueen (Stock)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: