These forums are archived!
Please create a new account at our new forums here: http://forum.modifiedpowerwheels.com
ModifiedPowerWheels.com powerwheels upgrades, peg-perego and others very welcome

Specializing in Peg Perego and Power Wheels Parts and Machines
Udemy Course
Home | My Files | Profile | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | RSS allows you to view new posts anywhere!!
 All Forums
 Personal Stuff - Introductions, forsale, reviews!
 Projects Pages! (blogs?)
 Pics of the fire truck
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Podiesdad
Expert Modder

Palmyra
Wi.
USA

714 Posts

Posted - 12/27/2009 :  11:36:33  Show Profile
Here are some before and after pics. of the firetruck I had painted at an auto body shop next to my work. These pics. don't do the paint job justice. I still need to locate some firetruck decals and do something about the windows if anyone has any ideas.

Insert Image:

Insert Image:

Insert Image:

Insert Image:

Insert Image:

Insert Image:

Insert Image:

Insert Image:

Insert Image:

Insert Image:

Insert Image:

Insert Image:

Insert Image:

Some people had voiced concern about how well the paint would stick. Well after the abuse of putting it in the back of my truck, carrying it into my apartment and reassembling it, then loading it back up and taking it to my Dad's house, not a scratch. So far so good. Oh, and the sound/light issue I had was caused by a bad wire connection in the dash. A little dielectric grease and a zip tie and we're back in action. My dad and my son love it.

GAUCHO GRANDE-3 H2s-GRAVE DIGGER-KIDTRAX FIRETRUCK-BLUE THUNDER-2 LAMBOS-MIGHTY MAC-GATOR-2 BEETLES-ETC-ETC-SOME OF THESE RUN, MOST DON'T....YET
"Roads? Where we're going we don't need roads."

the gambler
Senior Modder

Jacksonville
Florida
USA

1437 Posts

Posted - 12/27/2009 :  11:49:48  Show Profile
looks good, but i think i woulda removed the window decals and painted new ones.

Firerock , Gator , Bigfoot,Lil Wrangler, Army Hummer, Big Jake , Sarge Army Jeep ,JSO Police Hummer ,BACKDRAFT Monster Truck,Present Day Bigfoot

Go to Top of Page

Podiesdad
Expert Modder

Palmyra
Wi.
USA

714 Posts

Posted - 12/27/2009 :  14:45:23  Show Profile
Yes that's one of next steps. We were tight on time for paint. The painter offered to paint in windows and add flames instead of replacing decals.

GAUCHO GRANDE-3 H2s-GRAVE DIGGER-KIDTRAX FIRETRUCK-BLUE THUNDER-2 LAMBOS-MIGHTY MAC-GATOR-2 BEETLES-ETC-ETC-SOME OF THESE RUN, MOST DON'T....YET

Edited by - Podiesdad on 12/27/2009 14:46:56
Go to Top of Page

jazzcat
Expert Modder

Mesa
az
USA

748 Posts

Posted - 12/27/2009 :  15:38:35  Show Profile  Visit jazzcat's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Podiesdad

Yes that's one of next steps. We were tight on time for paint. The painter offered to paint in windows and add flames instead of replacing decals.

add flames as if it were reflection of a burning building and that truck will be the coolest thing in the world...as it sits its really bad...um...really awesome! yeah!

delightfully tacky
His- 1965 VW Bug - 45 year old dust collector/yard ornament
Hers- 2001 VW TDi Golf- 45 mpg with 1 battery
Kids- Berchet 2002 Porsche Boxster S - 6V of fury
MAGICA-1700 miles away..work in progress
Website- http://rustisnotacrime.com
Go to Top of Page

Podiesdad
Expert Modder

Palmyra
Wi.
USA

714 Posts

Posted - 12/27/2009 :  23:36:01  Show Profile
Thanks Jazzcat, I'm lucky to have a body guy so willing to help out. The paint job did cost me a case of New Glarus Fat Squirrel. I hope to be able get the flames and windows for a twelve pack.

Go to Top of Page

Divinar

San Jose 95123
CA
USA

3057 Posts

Posted - 12/28/2009 :  10:49:31  Show Profile
quote:

Thanks Jazzcat, I'm lucky to have a body guy so willing to help out. The paint job did cost me a case of New Glarus Fat Squirrel. I hope to be able get the flames and windows for a twelve pack.

I'd buy him a second case

Escalade (Rubber tires, LED lights, Key switch, Remote Kill, wings. Wings?)
Lil Wrangler (2WD, 12v, Lights), Dora Jeep (Super-6 @ 12v, lights), Jeep Enforcer turned Aftershock (18v, WIP),
Grape Gaucho A151 (24v, scooter controller, WIP)
KFX Quad (Remote Kill), Crushmeister! (Silverado), Limited Edition Jeep (Stock)
Kawasaki Mojave 250 (Stock), PP Gator (Lights), Home Depot Loader, Lightning McQueen (Stock)
Go to Top of Page

ms1120
Senior Modder

M-Town
Georgia
USA

1464 Posts

Posted - 12/28/2009 :  21:40:39  Show Profile
I have no idea what a fat squirrel is except the ones running on my power lines but thats a sick (awesome) paint job.

Fixing things that arent broken...and making them cool
Go to Top of Page

Podiesdad
Expert Modder

Palmyra
Wi.
USA

714 Posts

Posted - 12/29/2009 :  22:57:17  Show Profile
Fat Squirrel is the name of a beer made by the New Glarus brewery which is about 25 miles from me. They also make a beer called Spotted Cow. Both are very popular around Wisconsin. A case of bottles will set you back $32.00 or so. But yes, the paint job is worth it.

Go to Top of Page

wintersun
Journeyman Modder

Yulee
FL

447 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2010 :  10:07:05  Show Profile  Visit wintersun's Homepage
that looks amazing! definitely worth it.

---------well behaved women rarely make history---------
Go to Top of Page

Podiesdad
Expert Modder

Palmyra
Wi.
USA

714 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2010 :  10:22:00  Show Profile
Yes, I'm way happy with the outcome. I don't like the window wrinkles though, I'll have to take it back to my new paint guy and get those done at some point.

Go to Top of Page

wrencher
Journeyman Modder

New Kensington
Pennsylvania
USA

292 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2010 :  16:32:53  Show Profile
quote:

Yes, I'm way happy with the outcome. I don't like the window wrinkles though, I'll have to take it back to my new paint guy and get those done at some point.

u could try window tint in 5%...not sure how well it would hold up but i just did it to a hummer h2 i'm redoing..take a look

88.35 KB
Go to Top of Page

Podiesdad
Expert Modder

Palmyra
Wi.
USA

714 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2010 :  11:58:06  Show Profile
Lookas great in the picture. How easy did that go on? Last time I tinted windows was almost 20 years ago. Soap, water and a squegee. Is that just stick on? I know it's available everywhere, where'd you buy yours? What brand? Can I ask any more questions??????

Go to Top of Page

wrencher
Journeyman Modder

New Kensington
Pennsylvania
USA

292 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2010 :  16:09:59  Show Profile
quote:

Lookas great in the picture. How easy did that go on? Last time I tinted windows was almost 20 years ago. Soap, water and a squegee. Is that just stick on? I know it's available everywhere, where'd you buy yours? What brand? Can I ask any more questions??????

autozone/black magic select,,,5% tint...yes soapy water and squegee...most come with instructions,,i've made head lite covers with it for my 78 bronco i had ..formed plexey glass then tinted in with film..after it dries i put clear nail polish on the edges..have nbot done nail polish on pw yet.just make sure to keep it wet till your all done trimed and all...cut the film alittle larger than the spot u want to put it then trim with razor blade ..squegee from center out to the edges,,,if u do have an air bubble just poke it with the corner of the razor blade squegee back over it and it should flatin out.the hardest part is that u have to have a smooth surface to start with for best results.

Edited by - wrencher on 01/08/2010 16:33:03
Go to Top of Page

drew510
Senior Modder

Portland
OR

1079 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2010 :  16:36:27  Show Profile
I use black vinyl for my windows that I ordered from metrodecals.com:

Finished Projects:
F150 4x4 Off Road turned Oregon State Beavers - http://www.modifiedpowerwheels.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=19323
TRU Bigfoot turned Oregon Ducks: http://www.modifiedpowerwheels.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=14563
Jeep Wrangler (78490) http://www.modifiedpowerwheels.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=11606
Ford F150 (C3493) US MARINES - http://www.modifiedpowerwheels.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=7264
Go to Top of Page

Podiesdad
Expert Modder

Palmyra
Wi.
USA

714 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2010 :  17:01:39  Show Profile
I was originally planning on buying some stick on vinyl. Just haven't done the legwork yet. I think it would be thicker, therefore more durable. Thanks for the input.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: