These forums are archived!
Please create a new account at our new forums here: http://forum.modifiedpowerwheels.com
ModifiedPowerWheels.com powerwheels upgrades, peg-perego and others very welcome

Specializing in Peg Perego and Power Wheels Parts and Machines
Home | My Files | Profile | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | RSS allows you to view new posts anywhere!!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Modifications by Category
 Speed
 Need Help Lil Kawaski Green And Yellow
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

lagober8487

Holliday
tx
USA

1 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2009 :  21:56:10  Show Profile
I currently have 2 6volt batteries.
I am just wondering the proper way to connect both batteries so that it will go faster. My son is so BORED with the 2MPH.

Any Trick or Tips on how to make this 4 wheeler go faster would be greatly appreciated.

VegasQuid
Journeyman Modder

Vegas
NV
USA

214 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2009 :  22:00:07  Show Profile  Visit VegasQuid's Homepage  Click to see VegasQuid's MSN Messenger address  Send VegasQuid a Yahoo! Message
http://www.modifiedpowerwheels.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2236
try that post it helped me Rewire 2 powerwheels

24v Escalade Fire Reascue
24v Kid Trax Corvette Carbon Cop Car
Go to Top of Page

MustangFreak
Senior Modder

San Antonio
Texas
USA

1221 Posts

Posted - 11/28/2009 :  01:20:06  Show Profile  Visit MustangFreak's Homepage  Send MustangFreak a Yahoo! Message
positive of battery 1, to positive on connector
positive of battery 2, to negative of battery 1
negative of battery 2, to negative on connector.

I'm not an addict, addicts have the potential to quit.
Go to Top of Page

gseric69

Red Lion
PA
USA

6315 Posts

Posted - 11/28/2009 :  15:10:30  Show Profile  Visit gseric69's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by lagober8487

I currently have 2 6volt batteries.
I am just wondering the proper way to connect both batteries so that it will go faster. My son is so BORED with the 2MPH.

Any Trick or Tips on how to make this 4 wheeler go faster would be greatly appreciated.

Add a second 6V battery and wire it in series.
http://modifiedpowerwheels.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=940

Be sure to read through the FAQs, all the information you need is in there.

36V Peg Perego Apache - Project: Super Power Police Jeep, 18V Metal Frame Jeep - Project: Sarge
Dragon/Craftsman Pickup Hybrid (WIP), 18V John Deere Off Road 4x4 (Gaucho, SOLD!)
12V Lil Jeep, 18V Turbo Sun Jammer Jeep, 12V Super 6 F150 Blue Thunder,
18V Lightning McQueen & 12V Lightning McQueen w/Duratrax Motors (Sold)
18V Green & Blue Ninja Quads w/19T's, 18V Dora Quad with 21T's
12V Harley Bat Bike w/Duratrax Motors, 12V Pink Harley (Future Trike)
Future Builds: 12V Xtreme Machine, 12V PW Fire Truck, 6V Wild Thing Super 6 & Mach 5
RIP: 12V Super 6 Suzuki Quad w/Seperate Brake pedal (Decommissioned/Parted)
Go to Top of Page

the gambler
Senior Modder

Jacksonville
Florida
USA

1437 Posts

Posted - 11/28/2009 :  15:18:15  Show Profile
How old is your son, hes prolly ready for something big. Those lil quad arent worth modding IMO.

Firerock , Gator , Bigfoot,Lil Wrangler, Army Hummer, Big Jake , Sarge Army Jeep ,JSO Police Hummer ,BACKDRAFT Monster Truck,Present Day Bigfoot

Go to Top of Page

Podiesdad
Expert Modder

Palmyra
Wi.
USA

714 Posts

Posted - 11/28/2009 :  23:55:37  Show Profile
I don't think taking a lil quad to 12v. is a bad idea. It's a cheap mod and as long as your child fits on it o.k., why not. I just did it to mine and that thing is peppy. However the excitement will be short lived, I suspect my son will be too big for it by the time he's 2.

GAUCHO GRANDE-3 H2s-GRAVE DIGGER-KIDTRAX FIRETRUCK-BLUE THUNDER-2 LAMBOS-MIGHTY MAC-GATOR-2 BEETLES-ETC-ETC-SOME OF THESE RUN, MOST DON'T....YET
"Roads? Where we're going we don't need roads."
Go to Top of Page

davidpoynor
Apprentice Modder

Austin
Texas
USA

76 Posts

Posted - 11/30/2009 :  07:58:36  Show Profile
I modded my lil kawaski to 12v/12ah with a titan motor and my 3yr old still uses it....you need to do the steering mods and the plastic drive piece that turns the wheels mod too so it won't slip...links below

http://www.modifiedpowerwheels.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6607&SearchTerms=lil,quad

http://www.modifiedpowerwheels.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=13825

Arctic Cat Prowler (Titans 775 @18v)
Kawasaki Lil Quad (Titan 550 @18v)
Barbie Jammin Jeep(Stock @12v/18v)
Go to Top of Page

Taz11
Advanced Modder

Bloomsbury (08804)
NJ

3739 Posts

Posted - 11/30/2009 :  08:19:25  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by the gambler

How old is your son, hes prolly ready for something big. Those lil quad arent worth modding IMO.

I have to disagree. I added a second battery to a little guad, get set go kart, and a lil harley. Both my kids (3 and 4 1/2) still ride them along with all the bigger PW. Its a 15 minute mod with major improvements to performance. 6v 4ah batteries are only 5.99 at Gruber power. Beware though, they will pop wheelies and filp over on tight turns!. (my kids do it on purpose and then burst out laughing)

Drive it like you stole it!........out of somebody's garbage!
Go to Top of Page

KnjMiller1
Apprentice Modder

Jacksonville
FL
USA

85 Posts

Posted - 11/30/2009 :  19:33:09  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Podiesdad

I don't think taking a lil quad to 12v. is a bad idea. It's a cheap mod and as long as your child fits on it o.k., why not. I just did it to mine and that thing is peppy. However the excitement will be short lived, I suspect my son will be too big for it by the time he's 2.

My little one just turned 3. Granted she small for 3. But, I took the lil barbie quad and turned it 12v and that things got a little speed. small enough that she rides it around inside the house. Shes been ridin it for about 1 1/2 years now and it never gets old. not as fast as the mustang. but its a quick little mod. Id recommend it
Go to Top of Page

mike
Apprentice Modder

west palm beach
florida
USA

78 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2010 :  20:30:38  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by the gambler

I put a 24v ridged bat in a green and yellow lil quad and it flys.told my son to lean forward when he starts so it don't flip.thought it would be burnt up or shreaded but it's still going even know the tires are shot now.

Edited by - mike on 01/01/2010 20:31:10
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: