These forums are archived!
Please create a new account at our new forums here: http://forum.modifiedpowerwheels.com
ModifiedPowerWheels.com powerwheels upgrades, peg-perego and others very welcome

Specializing in Peg Perego and Power Wheels Parts and Machines
Home | My Files | Profile | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | RSS allows you to view new posts anywhere!!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Modifications by Category
 Pimp it out
 barbie jeep redone to jurassic park jeep
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

frums143

victorville
CA
USA

6 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2009 :  13:45:18  Show Profile
bought this used and beat up barbie jeep for my daughter awhile back but she never really wanted to ride it. so i took some paint, laid out some vinyl stickers( i own my own vinyl machine). and not too shabby for my first power wheels project. now i have seen how her eyes light up and she can't wait to ride it.didn't have the funds to buy new black wheels so i just painted them for now but will be ordering new ones soon. and also am gonna redo the stickers on the dash to match rest of vehicle and hopefully get the leds going too.any comments will be welcomed.will post new pics of lights and dash as soon as they are done.

42.27 KB

39.71 KB

48.58 KB

41.59 KB

27.66 KB

floridasteel
Journeyman Modder

Ft Myers
Fl
USA

146 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2009 :  13:54:42  Show Profile
Great Job!

VW Dune
Fat Back Chopper
Custom Fire Rescue Jeep

Upcomming Projects:
Polaris 700 Twin

Go to Top of Page

sdubb
Senior Modder

1661 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2009 :  14:23:40  Show Profile
What an optical illusion it looks like is says Jurassk??

Sweet project!
That is one top notch transformation

"Time to take a ride on the information superhighway."

Edited by - sdubb on 09/10/2009 14:24:54
Go to Top of Page

Divinar

San Jose 95123
CA
USA

3057 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2009 :  14:24:55  Show Profile
Wow! Nice work, and original to boot!

Escalade (Rubber tires, LED lights, Key switch, Remote Kill, wings. Wings?)
Lil Wrangler (2WD, 12v, Lights), Dora Jeep (Super-6 @ 12v, lights), Jeep Enforcer turned Aftershock (18v, WIP),
Grape Gaucho A151 (24v, scooter controller, WIP)
KFX Quad (Remote Kill), Crushmeister! (Silverado), Limited Edition Jeep (Stock)
Kawasaki Mojave 250 (Stock), PP Gator (Lights), Home Depot Loader, Lightning McQueen (Stock)
Go to Top of Page

drew510
Senior Modder

Portland
OR

1079 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2009 :  14:34:09  Show Profile
Two words - AWE-SOME! I love themed PWs and that is one of the best. Can you imagine the killing you could have made back when the movie came out?

Finished Projects:
F150 4x4 Off Road turned Oregon State Beavers - http://www.modifiedpowerwheels.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=19323
TRU Bigfoot turned Oregon Ducks: http://www.modifiedpowerwheels.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=14563
Jeep Wrangler (78490) http://www.modifiedpowerwheels.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=11606
Ford F150 (C3493) US MARINES - http://www.modifiedpowerwheels.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=7264
Go to Top of Page

frums143

victorville
CA
USA

6 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2009 :  15:01:41  Show Profile
thanks for the positive comments, by the way jurassic park 4 is being talked about.i think i caught the bug cuz already thinking of what to do to her PW quad she has....lol.
Go to Top of Page

sdubb
Senior Modder

1661 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2009 :  15:34:19  Show Profile
I just noticed the tires BFG pretty cool!

"Time to take a ride on the information superhighway."
Go to Top of Page

Taz11
Advanced Modder

Bloomsbury (08804)
NJ

3739 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2009 :  16:23:45  Show Profile
Very nice job!

Maybe you could do some vinyl for some of the members here. You could get some cash for the black wheels. I think they are discontinued but I'm sure someone on here has some.

Drive it like you stole it!........out of somebody's garbage!
Go to Top of Page

coil50
Apprentice Modder

delphos
oh
USA

80 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2009 :  16:28:00  Show Profile
looks good!!!! nice job

http://www.modifiedpowerwheels.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=11053

spiderman lil quad(stock)
John deere tractor(stock)
Barbie jeep gone wild(under construction)
Go to Top of Page

gseric69

Red Lion
PA
USA

6315 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2009 :  17:38:36  Show Profile  Visit gseric69's Homepage
Very, very, very cool!You need a scale Dilophosaurus sitting in the passenger seat.

36V Peg Perego Apache - Project: Super Power Police Jeep, 18V Metal Frame Jeep - Project: Sarge
Dragon/Craftsman Pickup Hybrid (WIP), 18V John Deere Off Road 4x4 (Gaucho, SOLD!)
12V Lil Jeep, 18V Turbo Sun Jammer Jeep, 12V Super 6 F150 Blue Thunder,
18V Lightning McQueen & 12V Lightning McQueen w/Duratrax Motors (Sold)
18V Green & Blue Ninja Quads w/19T's, 18V Dora Quad with 21T's
12V Harley Bat Bike w/Duratrax Motors, 12V Pink Harley (Future Trike)
Future Builds: 12V Xtreme Machine, 12V PW Fire Truck, 6V Wild Thing Super 6 & Mach 5
RIP: 12V Super 6 Suzuki Quad w/Seperate Brake pedal (Decommissioned/Parted)
Go to Top of Page

cfanto
Journeyman Modder

Tracy
CA
USA

406 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2009 :  18:12:32  Show Profile  Visit cfanto's Homepage  Send cfanto a Yahoo! Message
Wow... that's awesome!!! Great work!

PowerWheels - Jeep Wrangler (74440) - Red Wrangler - unibody Jeep w/ 18V, #4 gearbox retrofit
PowerWheels - Dune Squad (74570) - Yellow Jeep - metal-framed Jeep w/ 18V, LED lights, #7 gearboxes, brake pedal
PowerWheels - Wrangler 98 (78490) - Army Jeep - unibody Jeep w/ 12V, OD painted, brake pedal, rubber tires
PowerWheels - Grey/Pace Exclusive (86270) - metal-framed Jeep - currently stock
Peg Perego - Gaucho Grande (HP252) - 70's-style Toyota Landcruiser FJ40 - 18V, LED lighting, brake pedal, front & rear traction-aids
PowerWheels - X-Treme Machine (74790) - painted, 18V w/ 24V NOS, 19T #7 gearbox, brake pedal, front traction-aids
PowerWheels - Hot Wheels Rally Kart (xxxxx) - 18V in process
PowerWheels - Hot Wheels Rally Kart (xxxxx) - currently stock
Go to Top of Page

frums143

victorville
CA
USA

6 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2009 :  18:20:15  Show Profile
about doing vinyl for others....that sounds good to me wouldn't mind helping guys in the group out. after all it's because of all of the ideas from members that i came to do my project. my little way of giving back to the group. just email me and we'll talk about it.
Go to Top of Page

colinandmylesmom
Senior Modder

USA

2351 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2009 :  19:49:58  Show Profile
Awesome idea! I was going to do ours like that last year, printed out some stickers with regular full size sticker sheets from Office Max, and then I gave up, I finally threw them out a few months ago. Funny someone had the same idea!

Yours looks way better than mine would have!

Go to Top of Page

ms1120
Senior Modder

M-Town
Georgia
USA

1464 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2009 :  00:17:21  Show Profile
I love the jeep. It really has style and looks like it could have came that way. If you are interested in the vinyl deal, I think you could make out if you did a repro of the Little Tikes Hummer H2 decals. That may be because I need a set but Im just saying.

Fixing things that arent broken...and making them cool
Go to Top of Page

Schnoz
Apprentice Modder

Clarkston
Wa
USA

55 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2009 :  21:27:45  Show Profile
That is a great looking pw. what does it say on the back of the lights?

as far as you doing some printing that would be great. The only person I know of around here is a guy at an offroad shop. and apparently his listening skills arent that great. I ordered a bunch after I painstakenly measured almost the entire fire rock, only to have him print the wrong sizes,colors, and words(Lane was supposed to be one size, jeep another, and then they were switched at the last minute by him and I only had an hour to get them on before my sons birthday.) I made them worked and it still turned out cool.

but if someone who actually understands the dimensions we are working with were to print them that would be awesome

Ford f-150 painted ford blue with white interior and white racing stripes. upgraded to a gruber 12v 10ah(completed)

Firerock Jeep upgraded to 12v and painting black and red(with skulls)
Go to Top of Page

Fortis
Senior Modder

melbourne
victoria
Australia

1154 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2009 :  21:39:00  Show Profile
That is fantastic, but since the reward for a job well done is another job that needs doing...You MUST now build a second vehicle, probably RC, that uses a five foot tall rubber T-rex on an electric wheeled base so you can chase after that jeep!

...Or at least build it a trailer they can cart around a dinosaur in.

Alex.

Colbert: So the AK-47 is like the Windows platform of guns, it's everywhere.

Pike: No, no. It's MUCH more reliable than that.

Go to Top of Page

frums143

victorville
CA
USA

6 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2009 :  07:02:52  Show Profile
the ideal of the trailer sounds cool will have to look into it.lol
Go to Top of Page

frums143

victorville
CA
USA

6 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2009 :  07:12:18  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Schnoz

That is a great looking pw. what does it say on the back of the lights?

as far as you doing some printing that would be great. The only person I know of around here is a guy at an offroad shop. and apparently his listening skills arent that great. I ordered a bunch after I painstakenly measured almost the entire fire rock, only to have him print the wrong sizes,colors, and words(Lane was supposed to be one size, jeep another, and then they were switched at the last minute by him and I only had an hour to get them on before my sons birthday.) I made them worked and it still turned out cool.

but if someone who actually understands the dimensions we are working with were to print them that would be awesome

the letters on the lights say ingen the company that runs the park in the movie. and about the stickers i can do multi colored ones like the ones you see here but i only have a cutter not a plotter so i can't do the printed ones just lay vinyl over vinyl to get the logo or design. but if any one wants something just send me the logo or design you want and i'll work on it and you can see if you like it then we'll go from there.
Go to Top of Page

Racer X
Journeyman Modder

Sheboygan
Wisconsin
USA

308 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2010 :  14:26:22  Show Profile
I have sent you a couple of emails asking about price for a set of Jurassic Park vinyl, but I have not heard back from you yet (I am concern my emails are getting routed to your junk mail -- which some may say is where they belong).

If you can shoot me an email with your contact information along with pricing and the lead time you would require to supply the decals i would greatly apperciate.

Racer X

Why not start your second childhood now,... Mod a Power Wheel!!!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: