These forums are archived!
Please create a new account at our new forums here: http://forum.modifiedpowerwheels.com
ModifiedPowerWheels.com powerwheels upgrades, peg-perego and others very welcome

Specializing in Peg Perego and Power Wheels Parts and Machines
Home | My Files | Profile | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | RSS allows you to view new posts anywhere!!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Discussion
 General Discussion
 Polaris 700 - stopped working
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

navaja77
Expert Modder

Prescott Vly
AZ
USA

681 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2009 :  00:37:35  Show Profile  Send navaja77 a Yahoo! Message
I have very limited knowledge of Peg since none of the ones I currently own have not had any problems...until now.

The Polaris 700 stopped working one day. I hooked up the battery in it and it took off fine for a few seconds. Then it stopped and now it will not go at all. I'm not all familiar with it but I'm guessing the problem is one of the 2 circuit breakers. As I recall, there is one on the battery and one under the pedal switch.

First, I plan to upgrade this to 18V (one of these days) and need to see pics (or how to) on installing a jumper to bypass the breaker near the pedal switch.

Second, I'm assuming I can just remove the breaker on the battery wiring harness and replace with a regular spade?

Thanks for taking time to read and help me out. I've search the forum but haven't found a good answer.

It would also help me when and if I decide to upgrade the Gaucho to 18V as well.

6V Lil Jeep
18V Fire Rescue Jeep (SOLD)
12V Barbie Jeep (Up for grabs, any takers?)
Super 6 Firerock (Up for grabs, any takers?)
12V-18V Lightning McQueen
12V Peg Perego Gator (SOLD)
12V Peg Perego John Deere Buck
12V Peg Perego Polaris 700 (gift to my nephew)
12V Peg Perego Gaucho Silver

rockjessemax
Journeyman Modder

mayfield
kentucky
USA

478 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2009 :  05:49:36  Show Profile
We have two 700's and both of them developed the same problem. I did not find a bteaker by the foot switch. Mine had one inside the fwd/rev switch. It is a spade type breaker, Just pull out the switch, remove the breaker then insert a short wire (12/10 gage) with a male spade attached to each end and use thar as a replacement for the breaker. The switch is a b**** to get out. There are two screws that you remove from the underside of the fwd/rev switch and then the secure tabs can be released fron the top. After all that don't forget to replace the breaker up top by the battery.

Transporter of:
"LIBERTY BELL 7"
I LIVE IN A BATTERY POWERED WORLD
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: