These forums are archived!
Please create a new account at our new forums here: http://forum.modifiedpowerwheels.com
ModifiedPowerWheels.com powerwheels upgrades, peg-perego and others very welcome

Specializing in Peg Perego and Power Wheels Parts and Machines
Udemy Course
Home | My Files | Profile | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | RSS allows you to view new posts anywhere!!
 All Forums
 Personal Stuff - Introductions, forsale, reviews!
 Projects Pages! (blogs?)
 Lamborghini - Color change... All done
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

KrazyJuice
Expert Modder

Toronto
Ontario
Canada

617 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2009 :  20:40:21  Show Profile
I had this bright idea of multitasking. I figure, if I paint in between the yard work (cutting the grass, trimming the hedge, weeding), the wifey won't give me too much grief working on the powerwheels.

It actually worked.... and this is how far I've gotten.

First, the start of the plan... tear down. Sorry, I don't have a before pic but I think most members know what the Hot Wheels Lambo looks like.

86.16 KB

85.36 KB

24.89 KB

This is where the master plan goes in full affect... First coat of paint, then cut the grass out front. Add a second coat, then trim the hedges. Add a third coat, and cut the grass in the backyard.

63.72 KB

70.04 KB

67.27 KB

I wanted to see what the chrome would look like so I decided to try it on the white louvers and engine. It turned out ok so I'm think I'm keeping it.

83.49 KB

That's where I ended up. Based on the look, I think I need at least another two coats of paint. I think I'll do that in between washing and vacuuming the wifey's van.

Gaucho Grande - Cailan's Transfomers
Gaucho High Torque
Lambo - From Hot Wheels to Princess
6V Get-Set-Go-Kart

Edited by - KrazyJuice on 09/30/2009 22:00:23

Divinar

San Jose 95123
CA
USA

3057 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2009 :  22:13:36  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by KrazyJuice

I had this bright idea of multitasking. I figure, if I paint in between the yard work (cutting the grass, trimming the hedge, weeding), the wifey won't give me too much grief working on the powerwheels.

When I read this, thought we were going to be treated to a picture of a car with grass clippings embedded in fresh paint...

quote:

I wanted to see what the chrome would look like so I decided to try it on the white louvers and engine. It turned out ok so I'm think I'm keeping it.

Which chrome paint was this? It looks good!

quote:

That's where I ended up. Based on the look, I think I need at least another two coats of paint. I think I'll do that in between washing and vacuuming the wifey's van.

Bribery! (I gotta remember this...)

Escalade (Rubber tires, LED lights, Key switch, Remote Kill, wings. Wings?)
Lil Wrangler (2WD, 12v, Lights), Dora Jeep (Super-6 @ 12v, lights), Jeep Enforcer turned Aftershock (18v, WIP),
Grape Gaucho A151 (24v, scooter controller, WIP)
KFX Quad (Remote Kill), Crushmeister! (Silverado), Limited Edition Jeep (Stock)
Kawasaki Mojave 250 (Stock), PP Gator (Lights), Home Depot Loader, Lightning McQueen (Stock)
Go to Top of Page

rollndice83
Expert Modder

Lansdale
PA
USA

850 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2009 :  07:15:41  Show Profile
LOL. I was looking for the grass clippings too! Like the Yellow. Now you have to do some more projects around the outside to finish up the Powerwheel project

When 18V is to slow...Time to go to 50cc quads
88 Super 6Volt Corvette Project
90 Suzuki Quad Super6 on 12V
12V F-150
12V Suzuki 3-Wheeler(2WD Super6)Current Project
Lifted Fire Rescue Jeep(Upgrading to 21T 18V)
WildThing Super6 Volt
12V Harley(WIP)
Original 6V PW Hot Rod
Go to Top of Page

Dylan13
Senior Modder

Oakmont
Pa

1113 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2009 :  07:36:33  Show Profile
starting to look good - I just picked up the same version off c/l last weekend, I'm still not sure i'll end up keeping it...i orignially got it for parts but the ones i was after really aren't any good (w/sheild and the lens, the engine is missing the blower) I got some metal pinions from gameboy on the way cause when i tested the motors/gearboxes on 12volts, off the plastic ones came, they should be here today so i'm pretty excited, i mean my son is.....
good choice on color too!

Super Power Gaucho
Peg Gaucho - John Deere Makeover
Peg Gaucho / Peg Gator / Peg Buck Quad
Hot Wheels Lambo - 12v
Enforcer Jr. - 2WD Super 6 - 12v
'lil Sport Barbie - 2WD High/Low rewire
Barbie Dune Beetle / Police Harley / Red Harley

Edited by - Dylan13 on 08/27/2009 07:38:24
Go to Top of Page

KrazyJuice
Expert Modder

Toronto
Ontario
Canada

617 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2009 :  09:08:38  Show Profile
LOL.. I was worried about the grass clippins as well, so I was very careful when cutting the back and to my luck, no grass got on.

The chrome I used was Krylon fusion. The container didn't say it was for plastic but for wicker and other items. I figure, I'm painting the areas where they don't get too much wear so I decided to try it anyway.

Originally, I was going to keep this but this past week, I picked up a 12V Lightening McQueen and another Gaucho last night so this will be up for sale once it's done. I was gonna convert this to 12V but now after your feedback, I'll leave it at 6V when I go to sell it.

Gaucho High Torque
6V Get-Set-Go-Kart
Go to Top of Page

Taz11
Advanced Modder

Bloomsbury (08804)
NJ

3739 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2009 :  09:24:13  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Dylan13

starting to look good - I just picked up the same version off c/l last weekend, I'm still not sure i'll end up keeping it...i orignially got it for parts but the ones i was after really aren't any good (w/sheild and the lens, the engine is missing the blower) I got some metal pinions from gameboy on the way cause when i tested the motors/gearboxes on 12volts, off the plastic ones came, they should be here today so i'm pretty excited, i mean my son is.....
good choice on color too!

Your not foolin' me... Your more excited than your son is!

Drive it like you stole it!........out of somebody's garbage!
Go to Top of Page

drew510
Senior Modder

Portland
OR

1079 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2009 :  09:26:32  Show Profile
I've resorted to working on the PW's after the kids go to bed (8:30ish). I'll take a picture of my workshop/paint booth tonight. I will be painitng my "rags to riches" Jeep tonight. Our dog never took to her 6x12 kennel (that I poured a concrete pad by hand by myself for!), so I added a roof and lighting. The neighbor came out the other night because he got curious enough to find out what the heck I was doing.

Finished Projects:
F150 4x4 Off Road turned Oregon State Beavers - http://www.modifiedpowerwheels.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=19323
TRU Bigfoot turned Oregon Ducks: http://www.modifiedpowerwheels.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=14563
Jeep Wrangler (78490) http://www.modifiedpowerwheels.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=11606
Ford F150 (C3493) US MARINES - http://www.modifiedpowerwheels.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=7264
Go to Top of Page

KrazyJuice
Expert Modder

Toronto
Ontario
Canada

617 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2009 :  09:36:28  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by drew510

I've resorted to working on the PW's after the kids go to bed (8:30ish). I'll take a picture of my workshop/paint booth tonight. I will be painitng my "rags to riches" Jeep tonight. Our dog never took to her 6x12 kennel (that I poured a concrete pad by hand by myself for!), so I added a roof and lighting. The neighbor came out the other night because he got curious enough to find out what the heck I was doing.

Nice!!! Wonder what excuse I can come up with to make one of those. My garage is full so I can't do any painting once the kids are in bed. For now, I'm resorting to bribing the wife and the kids.

Gaucho High Torque
6V Get-Set-Go-Kart
Go to Top of Page

Divinar

San Jose 95123
CA
USA

3057 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2009 :  10:25:20  Show Profile
quote:

The chrome I used was Krylon fusion. The container didn't say it was for plastic but for wicker and other items. I figure, I'm painting the areas where they don't get too much wear so I decided to try it anyway.

Um, what specific color? Chrome aluminum? Or the new Nickel Shimmer?

quote:

Originally, I was going to keep this but this past week, I picked up a 12V Lightening McQueen and another Gaucho last night so this will be up for sale once it's done. I was gonna convert this to 12V but now after your feedback, I'll leave it at 6V when I go to sell it.

Include the 6v battery and charger, since you won't be needing it, and you'll make somebody pretty happy.

Lil Wrangler (2WD, 12v, Lights), Dora Jeep (Super-6 @ 12v, lights), Jeep Enforcer turned Aftershock (18v, WIP),
Kawasaki Mojave 250 (Stock), PP Gator (Lights), Home Depot Loader, Lightning McQueen (Stock)
Go to Top of Page

KrazyJuice
Expert Modder

Toronto
Ontario
Canada

617 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2009 :  19:20:43  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by DivinarUm, what specific color? Chrome aluminum? Or the new Nickel Shimmer?
quote:

Sorry, I couldn't remember off the top of my head so I doubled check tonight for you.. It's Metalic Silver. Let me know if you would like me to take a picture of the can.

Include the 6v battery and charger, since you won't be needing it, and you'll make somebody pretty happy.

Unfortunately, I only have the PW battery but no charger. The only chargers I have are 12Vs

Gaucho High Torque
6V Get-Set-Go-Kart
Go to Top of Page

Divinar

San Jose 95123
CA
USA

3057 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2009 :  19:28:24  Show Profile
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Divinar

Unfortunately, I only have the PW battery but no charger. The only chargers I have are 12Vs

Post a pic of the battery connector, I bet someone has one laying around...

Go to Top of Page

KrazyJuice
Expert Modder

Toronto
Ontario
Canada

617 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2009 :  19:36:41  Show Profile
[/quote]

Post a pic of the battery connector, I bet someone has one laying around...
[/quote]

I've seen a couple of postings for them but when I factor in the cost of the charger and the shipping, I think I may be better off posting at a lower value. Now if I can buy some chargers in bulk, it would be more cost affective. Thanks for the tip.

Gaucho High Torque
6V Get-Set-Go-Kart
Go to Top of Page

KrazyJuice
Expert Modder

Toronto
Ontario
Canada

617 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2009 :  22:22:48  Show Profile
Here it is partially assembled. I'm still waiting on a couple of parts. I'm still on the fence with the decals. I kinda like the lambo plain.

67.51 KB

52.55 KB

58.2 KB

45.17 KB

Gaucho High Torque
6V Get-Set-Go-Kart
Go to Top of Page

sdubb
Senior Modder

1661 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2009 :  22:46:19  Show Profile
Yeah I am not a big fan of the stickers but that is a lot of yellow going on I think you need some black to break it up.. Hmmm where are those black Transformer stickers for a bumble bee... LOL this sounds familiar.

"Time to take a ride on the information superhighway."
Go to Top of Page

KrazyJuice
Expert Modder

Toronto
Ontario
Canada

617 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2009 :  23:02:58  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by sdubb

Yeah I am not a big fan of the stickers but that is a lot of yellow going on I think you need some black to break it up.. Hmmm where are those black Transformer stickers for a bumble bee... LOL this sounds familiar.

LOL, that does sound familiar. When I bought the transformers stickers, the guy actually sent me someone else's stickers. He felt so bad that when he finally shipped mine, he added a bunch of other ones.. a couple of them are the same shade as the metalic silver on the engine and louvers. It may find it's way on this ride.

But, unfortunately this one is going on the market and I will let the buyer decide what stickers they want on it.

Gaucho High Torque
6V Get-Set-Go-Kart
Go to Top of Page

bugman72
Journeyman Modder

Jefferson City
Missouri
USA

125 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2009 :  08:31:48  Show Profile
My wife said I "ruined" our HW Lambo when I painted it, but my daughter wanted it to match her PW Quad. Need to get a windshield and a rear wing to complete it. Gotta love the Lambos!! Love the looks of yours!

73.12 KB

Greg

My Purple Quad Rebuild

Go to Top of Page

gseric69

Red Lion
PA
USA

6315 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2009 :  08:43:14  Show Profile  Visit gseric69's Homepage
Maybe adding a little black here would help break up the yellow a little bit

I've also found that Chrome Tape is great for rearview mirrors, thanks for cfanto. I got a roll of it pretty cheap off Ebay. It comes in a lot of sizes, so you can get a wide roll and cut it to fit.

Nice job on it, looks really sharp!

36V Peg Perego Apache - Project: Super Power Police Jeep, 18V Metal Frame Jeep - Project: Sarge
Dragon/Craftsman Pickup Hybrid (WIP), 18V John Deere Off Road 4x4 (Gaucho, SOLD!)
12V Lil Jeep, 18V Turbo Sun Jammer Jeep, 12V Super 6 F150 Blue Thunder,
18V Lightning McQueen & 12V Lightning McQueen w/Duratrax Motors (Sold)
18V Green & Blue Ninja Quads w/19T's, 18V Dora Quad with 21T's
12V Harley Bat Bike w/Duratrax Motors, 12V Pink Harley (Future Trike)
Future Builds: 12V Xtreme Machine, 12V PW Fire Truck, 6V Wild Thing Super 6 & Mach 5
RIP: 12V Super 6 Suzuki Quad w/Seperate Brake pedal (Decommissioned/Parted)
Go to Top of Page

Divinar

San Jose 95123
CA
USA

3057 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2009 :  08:54:18  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by bugman72

My wife said I "ruined" our HW Lambo when I painted it, but my daughter wanted it to match her PW Quad. Need to get a windshield and a rear wing to complete it. Gotta love the Lambos!! Love the looks of yours!

That looks fine to me. Now, if you'd used house paint and a brush...

Go to Top of Page

Dylan13
Senior Modder

Oakmont
Pa

1113 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2009 :  08:56:27  Show Profile
I ruined ours by bringing it home...I've been ordered to get rid of it - booooooo!!

Super Power Gaucho
Hot Wheels Lambo - 12v
Go to Top of Page

KrazyJuice
Expert Modder

Toronto
Ontario
Canada

617 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2009 :  09:24:09  Show Profile
bugman72, that looks sharp. It must be the wife thing cause my wife said the same thing.. she liked it in Blue.

gseric69, great minds must think alike. I have a black tape that is wide enough. I'm using the original as a template to cut it to size. I'm also planning to black out the lenses so that should help.

Thanks all for the compliments. Stay tuned, this should be completed soon.. just waiting for the parts to arrive.

Gaucho High Torque
6V Get-Set-Go-Kart
Go to Top of Page

KrazyJuice
Expert Modder

Toronto
Ontario
Canada

617 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2009 :  21:34:58  Show Profile
Here's the finished product... It came very close to a Transformers lambo but I found a buyer for their little girl so it became a princess lambo.... what da ya think.

53.32 KB

51.14 KB

55.97 KB

76.03 KB

71.66 KB

Gaucho High Torque
6V Get-Set-Go-Kart

Edited by - KrazyJuice on 09/30/2009 21:37:20
Go to Top of Page

drew510
Senior Modder

Portland
OR

1079 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2009 :  22:10:03  Show Profile
Looks great!!

Finished Projects:
F150 4x4 Off Road turned Oregon State Beavers - http://www.modifiedpowerwheels.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=19323
TRU Bigfoot turned Oregon Ducks: http://www.modifiedpowerwheels.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=14563
Jeep Wrangler (78490) http://www.modifiedpowerwheels.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=11606
Ford F150 (C3493) US MARINES - http://www.modifiedpowerwheels.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=7264
Go to Top of Page

wintersun
Journeyman Modder

Yulee
FL

447 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2009 :  04:54:48  Show Profile  Visit wintersun's Homepage
love it!

---------well behaved women rarely make history---------
Go to Top of Page

gseric69

Red Lion
PA
USA

6315 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2009 :  05:08:13  Show Profile  Visit gseric69's Homepage
Fantastic Job!

36V Peg Perego Apache - Project: Super Power Police Jeep, 18V Metal Frame Jeep - Project: Sarge
Dragon/Craftsman Pickup Hybrid (WIP), 18V John Deere Off Road 4x4 (Gaucho, SOLD!)
12V Lil Jeep, 18V Turbo Sun Jammer Jeep, 12V Super 6 F150 Blue Thunder,
18V Lightning McQueen & 12V Lightning McQueen w/Duratrax Motors (Sold)
18V Green & Blue Ninja Quads w/19T's, 18V Dora Quad with 21T's
12V Harley Bat Bike w/Duratrax Motors, 12V Pink Harley (Future Trike)
Future Builds: 12V Xtreme Machine, 12V PW Fire Truck, 6V Wild Thing Super 6 & Mach 5
RIP: 12V Super 6 Suzuki Quad w/Seperate Brake pedal (Decommissioned/Parted)
Go to Top of Page

Dylan13
Senior Modder

Oakmont
Pa

1113 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2009 :  07:32:07  Show Profile
that turned out really good...I've only got 1/2 the engine for mine

Super Power Gaucho
Hot Wheels Lambo - 12v

Edited by - Dylan13 on 10/01/2009 07:32:34
Go to Top of Page

turbokev
Senior Modder

Fremont
New Hampshire
USA

1283 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2009 :  11:27:36  Show Profile  Visit turbokev's Homepage
Looks awesome in yellow..

Nice job

Thanks,
Kev

18V Mustang v2.0 : 18V Mustang v1.0 : 12V Mustangs : 18V Gaucho Police
18V NASCAR : 12V Extreme Machines : 12V Hurricane Resto : 18V Mustang with Blower

Go to Top of Page

RICKYVB
Senior Modder

TAMPA
FLORIDA
USA

1265 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2009 :  11:30:24  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by turbokev

Looks awesome in yellow..

Nice job

I agree!!! Great work!!!
The black on the doors makes it much better!!!
Go to Top of Page

gameboy

just north of austin
tx
USA

4796 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2009 :  19:53:32  Show Profile
great job, i bet that thing hauls butt too.

"free is always better"
Go to Top of Page

chiefdan73
Journeyman Modder

waterford
michigan
USA

348 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2009 :  20:14:27  Show Profile
I love yellow,that looks great,makes me regret selling mine,I mean my daughters
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic