These forums are archived!
Please create a new account at our new forums here: http://forum.modifiedpowerwheels.com
ModifiedPowerWheels.com powerwheels upgrades, peg-perego and others very welcome

Specializing in Peg Perego and Power Wheels Parts and Machines
Home | My Files | Profile | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | RSS allows you to view new posts anywhere!!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Discussion
 General Discussion
 little tykes h2 problems
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

angie081604

benton harbor
mi
USA

4 Posts

Posted - 08/24/2009 :  16:03:14  Show Profile
i bought my son a little tykes h2 from a lady online.. she said it needed a new battery 50 bucks wasn't bad. well i put the battery in and it wouldn't run . so i took it apart to follow the wiring to make sure everything was clean and hooked up. i found one loose wire cleaned and reconnected it ... then i ordered a new switch for under the pedal cause claning and re- hooking the wire still wont make it go .. i did run direct power to the gear boxes and they turn the tires normally ... but i am confused why this thing wont move in any gear i claened all the connections all the wires look really good and i dont see anything wrong and have new parts on i am hoping there is an easy solution to fixing this i have spent a little over $120 and cant afford much more and my son is feeling bad cause he cant play on it yet casue mommy cant fix it any suggestions would be great thanks
angie

the gambler
Senior Modder

Jacksonville
Florida
USA

1437 Posts

Posted - 08/24/2009 :  16:53:20  Show Profile
Have you opened up the 2 switches on the shifter and cleaned them out?

Firerock , Gator , Bigfoot,Lil Wrangler, Army Hummer, Big Jake , Sarge Army Jeep ,JSO Police Hummer ,BACKDRAFT Monster Truck,Present Day Bigfoot

Go to Top of Page

angie081604

benton harbor
mi
USA

4 Posts

Posted - 08/24/2009 :  17:25:49  Show Profile
yes i went thru with terminal cleaner and a wire brush dissconnected and cleaned and reconnected all the terminals and wires thru the whole car
Go to Top of Page

gseric69

Red Lion
PA
USA

6315 Posts

Posted - 08/24/2009 :  17:41:32  Show Profile  Visit gseric69's Homepage
Try perusing through the Definitive Troubleshooting Guide to see if there is something in there you haven't tried yet.

Did you buy a new battery to use with it, or are you using the battery she said was bad? How much voltage is your battery reading? Is there an inline fuse and if so has it blown?

36V Peg Perego Apache - Project: Super Power Police Jeep, 18V Metal Frame Jeep - Project: Sarge
Dragon/Craftsman Pickup Hybrid (WIP), 18V John Deere Off Road 4x4 (Gaucho, SOLD!)
12V Lil Jeep, 18V Turbo Sun Jammer Jeep, 12V Super 6 F150 Blue Thunder,
18V Lightning McQueen & 12V Lightning McQueen w/Duratrax Motors (Sold)
18V Green & Blue Ninja Quads w/19T's, 18V Dora Quad with 21T's
12V Harley Bat Bike w/Duratrax Motors, 12V Pink Harley (Future Trike)
Future Builds: 12V Xtreme Machine, 12V PW Fire Truck, 6V Wild Thing Super 6 & Mach 5
RIP: 12V Super 6 Suzuki Quad w/Seperate Brake pedal (Decommissioned/Parted)
Go to Top of Page

rockjessemax
Journeyman Modder

mayfield
kentucky
USA

478 Posts

Posted - 08/24/2009 :  17:48:41  Show Profile
Try hooking up another battery to the toy in place of the stock bat. You can use your car or lawnmower bat to do the checking with. Just don't allow the child to ride it that way. I'm sure you tried to charge the bat that came with it? But $$$ wise it sounds as tho you may have already bought a new one. If you have a new battery and as you say, the wires look good, the connectors are clean and the motors and gearboxes turn, the most obvious is as Gambler says(dirty switch) or the foot switch is bad. Don't give up! When it's all said and done, the smile you get from your child will worth all the effort and money spent.

Transporter of:
"LIBERTY BELL 7"
I LIVE IN A BATTERY POWERED WORLD
Go to Top of Page

angie081604

benton harbor
mi
USA

4 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2009 :  10:31:52  Show Profile
it is a brand new battery i ordered it from gruber 12 volt 12ah and i went thru the troubleshooting guide that is where i learned to trace the wires and clean the connectors . i put a brand new pedal switch in it cause i figured that was where the problem was but i still have no power to the gears and when i hook direct power to the gears they work .... could the factory connector where you connect the battery to the car be bad i dont want to cut it off it that isnt it the wires look clean and tight but i didnt know if that could cause this problem... and i dont see an inline fuse anywhere in the wiring and i have all the wiring exposed right now
Go to Top of Page

gseric69

Red Lion
PA
USA

6315 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2009 :  10:41:27  Show Profile  Visit gseric69's Homepage
If you're using an aftermarket battery such as the Gruber you have, you need to add an inline fuse. It could be there was something miswired or shorted which could have damaged a switch or something else along the wiring. A fuse would help to prevent that though, and also is needed to help keep your child safe while riding.
Do you have a voltmeter so you can test the battery to make sure it's good. Even new batteries can be bad.
A voltmeter is a very good tool to have and they don't cost too much. With it you can trace the voltage through the wiring and switches to find out where the problem is. If you have one that can also check continuity, that would be helpful too.

36V Peg Perego Apache - Project: Super Power Police Jeep, 18V Metal Frame Jeep - Project: Sarge
Dragon/Craftsman Pickup Hybrid (WIP), 18V John Deere Off Road 4x4 (Gaucho, SOLD!)
12V Lil Jeep, 18V Turbo Sun Jammer Jeep, 12V Super 6 F150 Blue Thunder,
18V Lightning McQueen & 12V Lightning McQueen w/Duratrax Motors (Sold)
18V Green & Blue Ninja Quads w/19T's, 18V Dora Quad with 21T's
12V Harley Bat Bike w/Duratrax Motors, 12V Pink Harley (Future Trike)
Future Builds: 12V Xtreme Machine, 12V PW Fire Truck, 6V Wild Thing Super 6 & Mach 5
RIP: 12V Super 6 Suzuki Quad w/Seperate Brake pedal (Decommissioned/Parted)
Go to Top of Page

angie081604

benton harbor
mi
USA

4 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2009 :  10:45:29  Show Profile
my trickle or slow charger shows my battery has a full charge but i dont have a volt meter to test it ill have to get one i have heard this is common with the h2 and it cost more to fix then the car is worth new it may be worth me getting him a new one because he cant cram himself into his old 4x4 one seater much longer thanks for all the help i let you guys know if it works out
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: